Author Topic: last thoughts, goodbyes, annoyances, and stuff :)  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: last thoughts, goodbyes, annoyances, and stuff :)
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »
I personally couldn't give a sh!t less what I_AM_JACOB thinks or types.  He rants on and on.

I thought the ending sucked, and I've faithfully watched the show since the first airing of the first episode.  That is my personal opinion and if  you don't like it, so what?

<the end>

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:34 AM »
Regarding Christian  - remember Isabella - Smokey used her form once and then she was really there another time.
So Christian was used by Smokey and then he was there as himself. 

that is the most logical of all things because many things happened in this series that didn't connect, flesh out  or thought out well.  It is what it is and can't change what happened at this point.  but scratch your head and say wow  ???

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
I personally couldn't give a sh!t less what I_AM_JACOB thinks or types.  He rants on and on.

I thought the ending sucked, and I've faithfully watched the show since the first airing of the first episode.  That is my personal opinion and if  you don't like it, so what?

<the end>

You're right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It's just really confusing to me that someone who watched the show and enjoyed the show all these years would not enjoy the finale. It's like somebody saying that they love chocolate, but think chocolate cake sucks. I just don't get it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »

<the end>

You're right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It's just really confusing to me that someone who watched the show and enjoyed the show all these years would not enjoy the finale. It's like somebody saying that they love chocolate, but think chocolate cake sucks. I just don't get it.

CaseyMac that made me laugh and though I didn't like it when it was happening but it sttled and in th ened I am at peace with how this was finished.  I actually have to say it was unique

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
It's like somebody saying that they love chocolate, but think chocolate cake sucks.

LOL!   How's this -- I loved the chocolate, and I loved the chocolate cake.  I just wish mine had had more icing on it.   ;D  (I wanna lick the bowl and the beaters!)

I thought of a great line that Jacob could've had, that would've explained some things, and it would've only taken about ten or twenty seconds... while he was explaining stuff to Jack, for example (or maybe when he was talking to all the Candidates, or whatever...) he could've said something like "This island is hidden in a sense, but people still keep stumbling onto it, like your airplane.  You will have to deal with that, as I did.  When the Egyptians came, they did not understand that I had set things up so that women could not bear children, because I did not want large societies to grow here.  So, poor children, they built this big statue to one of their gods, hoping to fix things.  But some things can't be fixed, Jack.  Some things are necessary to protect the Light.  Now it will be up to you to decide which things." 

MIB maybe could've said a line to Richard back when he told him this was Richard's last chance or whatever:  "You know, Richard, I asked John Locke to help me a long time ago, back when he came to the cabin.  The only way he was able to help me was to die.  It doesn't have to be that way for you, Richard." 

Anyway, obviously those are just total fantasy that I made up so no need to nit-pick whether those ideas are "correct" or not, but I'm just giving an example of how they could've answered some stuff.  It could've been done -- it wasn't impossible.  It would've been icing -- more icing on an already-good chocolate cake.  To me that wouldn't have felt like hand-holding, but I know there are lots of opinions on that.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:22 AM »

<the end>

Hmm...well, if you don't like I_Am_Jacob's personal opinion, so what? lol ;)

<the end>

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
It's like somebody saying that they love chocolate, but think chocolate cake sucks.

LOL!   How's this -- I loved the chocolate, and I loved the chocolate cake.  I just wish mine had had more icing on it.   ;D  (I wanna lick the bowl and the beaters!)

I thought of a great line that Jacob could've had, that would've explained some things, and it would've only taken about ten or twenty seconds... while he was explaining stuff to Jack, for example (or maybe when he was talking to all the Candidates, or whatever...) he could've said something like "This island is hidden in a sense, but people still keep stumbling onto it, like your airplane.  You will have to deal with that, as I did.  When the Egyptians came, they did not understand that I had set things up so that women could not bear children, because I did not want large societies to grow here.  So, poor children, they built this big statue to one of their gods, hoping to fix things.  But some things can't be fixed, Jack.  Some things are necessary to protect the Light.  Now it will be up to you to decide which things." 

MIB maybe could've said a line to Richard back when he told him this was Richard's last chance or whatever:  "You know, Richard, I asked John Locke to help me a long time ago, back when he came to the cabin.  The only way he was able to help me was to die.  It doesn't have to be that way for you, Richard." 

Anyway, obviously those are just total fantasy that I made up so no need to nit-pick whether those ideas are "correct" or not, but I'm just giving an example of how they could've answered some stuff.  It could've been done -- it wasn't impossible.  It would've been icing -- more icing on an already-good chocolate cake.  To me that wouldn't have felt like hand-holding, but I know there are lots of opinions on that.

Well put Madam on the MiB to Richard interaction there. I think that would have been a good way they could have affirmed that one. I like what you have for the other interaction too, though I think Jacob came after the Egyptians and didn't really have much knowledge of them or why they couldn't bear children. I think that was the Island's doing. But great thoughts.

As for Des8 up there. I appreciate that you could care less what I think and that's fine. You are entitled to the opinion you have about the show regardless of how wrong you are. I respect your choice to be incorrect.  ;D  I on the other hand will continue to be right.  ;)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
Analyzing is one thing. Repeatedly banging your head against the wall about things that A: Didn't matter to the story, or B: Have already be answered, maybe not as concrete as you like, is another.

See, more of the same.

Just because you've decided to write up countless answers that you've made up for yourself, and are fine with them, doesn't mean anything. That's fan-fiction.

Because, no, we didn't need a 3 hour episode on the Egyptians. As I've read elsewhere, we didn't need a scene showing them reading over blueprints for the statue, or actually carving in all of the writing on the temple walls.  But funny that they did all of that extensive pushing of hieroglyphics, buildings, statues, symbolism, names, characters for six years.  And they gave us not one single scene giving any background on any of the egyptians elements of the show. But, thankfully they gave us Paulo and Nikki, right?  THAT part of the story just had to be told, apparently.

Because it is that very perception that certain things "didn't matter to the story", that is the problem.  Because with that kind of logic, where exactly does the pecking-order end? Why have a show at all?  Why not just start with the crash and cut right to the part where Jack dies protecting the island and watches his friends fly away?

You know what else didn't really matter to the story in the end?  For starters....Walt, Michael, Eko, Libby in the asylum, Paulo and Nikki, the whispers, Eloise, Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, Dr Chang, Dharma, the NUMBERS.  While we're at it, why did the writers bother introducing Jacob and MiB's fake mom at all then?  That was history that the writers could've played numerous ways, and ignored just as they did the Egyptians. They didn't even introduce the idea that Jacob and the MiB even had a mother until what....3 episodes before the finale?  Did we really need to see Jacob and the MiB play out that miserable episode, with the hack explanation of the donkey wheel, or the cave of light and the smoke monster shooting out?  Watch it again. We didn't, did we?  It didn't really matter to the story in the end.  In fact, we probably would've all been better off if they had kept ignoring it and only brought in the cave of light at the very end of the finale, with Desmond and Jack going into it.  At least we would've been spared by only having to see that terrible cgi job only once.

It's all perspective. It's just that some of you are more inclined to pretend like you actualy know more than those of us who were watching the show with you.

Sorry to say it bud, but it appears we DO know more than you. You want a scene of backstory on the Egyptians? Where would you have put it without devoting a whole Ep to it? It doesn't fit with our story.

"Walt, Michael, Eko, Libby in the asylum, Paulo and Nikki, the whispers, Eloise, Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, Dr Chang, Dharma, the NUMBERS." Aside from Paulo and Nikki, (Which is the episode referred to as why they gave themselves an end date and 16 episode seasons) The fact that you dont understand why this stuff either became less important over time, (Walt +Eko) or was important makes me doubt we were watching the same show. You thought Michael was unimportant? Hardly. He was a person that acted in his own self interests, and was therefore damned to be stuck on the island  until he could redeem himself. Libby in the asylum is a tiny detail of the story which would have been told had she not gotten clipped for a DUI. The whispers were explained directly and everyone hated it. Eloise used to be an Other and killed her own son. After leaving the island she assisted people wanting to get back. In the ALT she gained realization soon after her entrance into it, and did not want to move on so she could have a life with her son she squandered.  Daniel (Tried) helping all of us understand some of the physics behind the timetravel of the show. Ultra important. Charlotte was Daniel's love interest. That's seemingly what Lost was all about. Miles Had great purpose, with his father issues AND his power to hear the thoughts of the dead. Dr. Chang was Miles' father needed for the Father issues that were an underlying theme to the show. Dharma showed the lengths Jacob would allow people to go to before he could no longer allow their presence on the island. Also Dharma were the ones who made possible the conditions giving Desmond his gift. Without the Losties time traveling to them, that all never would have happened. As for the numbers, I can understand why some people are upset with the way they handled them. As a writer I can see the probability that they knew what the numbers would be used for, but could not tell us enough about the circumstances for us to understand the importance of them. So they conveyed the dire importance of them and then left us to take them where we did.  Some people can't get that and that's fine. I don't hold a grudge on that.

So there you go. These are not Theories. These are facts about the same show you watched. If you have problems with it that's fine, but don't start numerating lists like that which are so obviously forced you really only have one valid gripe in there.

Libby in the asylum is a tiny detail of the story which would have been told had she not gotten clipped for a DUI.

I was thinkng maybe this was played out,

as in this was our fist glimpse of the flash sideways, way back in whatever season it was.

I dont think Libby actually was in the asylum pre 2004.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »

why was Richard allowed to leave and come back to the island, but no on e else was  ?

Jacob allowed him too. Remember when Hurley said no one was allowed to leave, and Ben responded with, "That was the way Jacob ran things"? Jacob let his assistant leave to check on John Locke who told Richard he would be their next leader. Ben sent Richard to go get Juliet, because he knew Richard was the only one allowed off Island

I don't need all the questions answered, but the show certainly had a lot of holes and left a lot of things unanswered and things for us to speculate on

Umm..... Ethan was with him off island to recruit juliet,

Tom left to talk to michael,

Ben in that photo shown to Michael by was it bram?

Richard was not the only one allowed to leave

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »
I am writing a new ending to this

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 11:47:35 AM »
You are right Squirt. Others were allowed to leave as well, but all of those would fall under the blanket of "Circle of Trust" characters. The Question posed got me on the thought of Richard, but yes other people were allowed by Ben to leave, but only those that were assured would return, or were not pregnant.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
I am writing a new ending to this

A new ending to "Lost"?  Awesome!  If you need any expository-dialogue help, let me know... IAJ says I'm good at it.   ;)  LOL! 

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
I'm totally on your side IAJ. How could someone say someone like Daniel wasn't important? Thats just ridiculous. It was his idea to detonate Jughead!!! Tell me that event wasn't important and I will kick a puppy. (This is just one example, I'm not about to write a 1000 word post on all the things that are wrong with the idea that all these things and people were not important).

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »
HAHA. Yeah I have a feeling some people may be refraining from saying anything for the puppy's protection, but I'm sure some people are out there thinking Jughead had no bearing on our story, because they now hate everything about it. TPTB never told us who was on the outrigger!!! AARG! MORE ANSWERS!!!! AAARG! Nevermind the whole character developement angle, or tying up the story we've been listening to for 6 years, WHO WAS ON THAT OUTRIGGER?!?!  TPTB are hacks and conned us into thinking that Jack, and Locke, and Sawyer, and Hurley, and Ben, and Kate, and Juliet, and Sun, and Jin, and Sayid were all important, but clearly they really weren't because all the loose ends from other island inhabitants that had little or nothing to do with them were not tied up. <---- If you thought that last statement makes sense, read it again.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 04:10:19 PM »
...How could someone say someone like Daniel wasn't important? Thats just ridiculous. It was his idea to detonate Jughead!!!...
jughead never exploded