Author Topic: Nadia  (Read 2776 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Nadia
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
Everyone who knows how much I obsessed over Lost asked me what I thought of the finale. I said every time, "I loved it! Except for the Sayid/Shannon foolishness."

I really wasn't surprised that Sayid ended up with Shannon.  His happiest time was the time he spent with Nadia, but the most important time in his life was on the island.  That's where he redeemed himself.  That's where he changed into a better Sayid.  I'm happy with the Sayid/Shannon reunion.   

This makes the most sense of any way I've tried to look at it. Because otherwise it just makes Shannon a booby prize.

I hated that 'twist' also (which I think they added last minute when the Shannon actress became available), but SOL's explanation makes it more tolerable for me.  Also, his connection to Nadia wouldn't give him the 'epiphany' moment he needed to remember his time on the island, accept his death and move on.  He needed Shannon for that. 

I've always thought that it's possible to truly love more than just one person in your life, not to mention friends and family, and that if there is a Heaven it wouldn't be just an eternal continuation of the life you had at the time you died.  Sayid wouldn't be choosing between his love of Nadia and Shannon.  In other words, there would be no 'couples', just universal love (and I don't mean that in the dirty sense, get your minds out of the gutter!  ;D )  I'm not saying Rose and Bernard or Sun and Jin would no longer be together, I just don't imagine Heaven as an eternal 'Othersville' with separate houses and families.  Honestly, I usually try to look at things logically, which is why the concept of Heaven is a tough one for me to follow at all!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Nadia
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:47 PM »

I've always thought that it's possible to truly love more than just one person in your life, not to mention friends and family, and that if there is a Heaven it wouldn't be just an eternal continuation of the life you had at the time you died.  Sayid wouldn't be choosing between his love of Nadia and Shannon.  In other words, there would be no 'couples', just universal love (and I don't mean that in the dirty sense, get your minds out of the gutter!  ;D

Well said!! That's how I am looking at it too!