Author Topic: The Official "Pat yourself on the back" Thread  (Read 3750 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Official "Pat yourself on the back" Thread
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:36 PM »
Well alot of us made alot of predictions, which means alot of us were wrong....alot. I know I was wrong more often than not (Richard and Frank are totally dead *cough*), however, that just meant I was surprised more often.

But hey, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut. So, did you make a cool predicition that turned out right? Time to pat yourself on the back and post it. I'll be the jerk that gets the ball rolling.

I like my unoriginal, vague, and fairly predictable theory after watching LA X for the first time way back in February.

The alternate universe thing is definitely something that makes my head explode like in that movie Scanners. I love it!

However, I know it's been said before, I'm thinking we may be getting a flashfoward glimpse into how the show eventually ends. Lets not forget, when they were first doing the flashforwards, we all thought they were more flashbacks, until that amazing kick ass scene of Jack and Kate at the airport in the season 3 finale. (either 3 or 4) "We have to go back, Kate!!"

I wouldn't put it past TPTB to be tricking the audience yet again and be giving us a glimpse at how the show itself wraps up. Maybe they find the real reset later on this season and the side flashes are really just a flashforward to that reset.

I got close.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "Pat yourself on the back" Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »
I would like to be the first to officially admit that I don't think I got a single prediction right.   ;D

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:21 AM »
It's not big but I guessed that Juliet was Jacks wife in the sideways flash. Blah...totally pointless as it turns out.

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:06 AM »
I regrettably have no textual proof to back this up,

But I predicted the reveal about what caused the plane to crash well before we knew a lot about the hatch.  The moment the key to gun case around Jack's neck went weird, or when we found out Desmond was pressing a button all the time.

Whichever of those happened second was when I knew.  Perhaps that was common prediction, but I was still proud of it.

I was also one of the sad people to immediately unscramble hoffs/drawler when it showed up.  I about crapped my pants.

I also a lot of those "aha" moments just seconds before things were officially revealed.  The others' village, Ben killing Locke (the moment he kicked in the door, I just knew), and many others that I can no longer recall.  None of these were necessarily insightful or uncommon - but I'm proud of 'em, as I said.

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:26 AM »
I loggeed on with the express purpose of posting this exact thread, with the exception of any predictions I may have gotten right, since I don't have any of those to share. I'm also no longer able to tell the difference between what I thought of first and what I read on here, believed, and adopted as my own.

Perhaps the only thing I knew long ago that I feel like was proven by the finale was in regards to Ben as a person (and even this, I suppose, is arguable). I said from the minute we met him that Ben Linus wasn't an inherently bad guy. All of my Lost-watching friends hated him and wanted him to die, but I said over and over, "Ben is more important than we realize, and he's got more good in him than we can see right now." I've always loved his character.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »
In Australia when Christian was with Ana Lucia when Christian knocked on the door of some woman I knew it was Claire's mom and I called it. It was one of the few times I was right!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Somewhere around here, I said that Hurley would be the one to take over the island. Of course, it was because Claire would kill Kate, Sawyer would kill Jack, and Sayid would kill the Kwons, but hey, the result was the same!!

I also thought Juliet was Jack's ex-wife (but I think a lot of people did).

And... I think I was wrong about everything else.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »
I called the Adam and Eve Reveal. Yeah that's right. I'm kind of a big deal

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
I called the Adam and Eve Reveal. Yeah that's right. I'm kind of a big deal

IAJ, I still think your friend that reads the spoilers told you that one and you 'remember' it as your own!  LOL  ;D

Most of my stuff was wrong also.  Of the things I was right about, I probably wasn't the first to post them, but I can swear I had the ideas myself about a few minor details. 
*I guessed that Juliet was David's mom. 
*I knew Ben would hit it off with Danielle Rousseau in the ATL. 
*I was wrong about Desmond being the one to kill MIB, but he was responsible for making him mortal long enough for Kate and Jack to do it, so I think there should be partial credit for that one! 
*I knew Frank would be needed to fly the plane and I was sure Richard was too important to go out so weakly, so i was right about them being alive.
*I guessed that the ATL was their lives AFTER they had all died in the original timeline.  I didn't know they would still be dead, but c'mon, another partial credit?
*Lastly, and my first major theory from years ago, was that the island was the Garden of Eden.  Now I know they didn't say it was, in fact the stained glass and multi-denominational objects at the church were a hint that they were indeed staying away from any one religious persuasion, but I believe they left the definite answer of what the island actually was up to our own interpretations.  They only told us that the heart of the island was the light and that the light was the source of all life, death and rebirth.  That fits my theory, for me at least, while leaving enough room for it to fit someone else's theory also.  In the bible, the Garden was where God created life in Adam and Eve, and then through their sin, he also created death and suffering.  Works for me!

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 12:57:32 PM »
I knew Locke 2.0 was the Smoke Monster when he was ambling around the island for the second time - after Ben killed him.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 01:01:46 PM »
The closest I ever got to "predicting" anything remotely correctly, was realizing that after Smokey appeared to judge Ben (and Locke pulled a Clark Kent when Supersmokey was present) was that Smokey was masquerading as Locke.  They didn't really officially reveal this until the first ep or two of season 6, or perhaps the S5 finale.  I wasn't alone in predicting it, but I did come up with it totally on my own, so I am somewhat proud of that one.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,9279.msg528075.html#msg528075

Beyond that, I think any other time I tried to figure out what was going on, I fell flat on my face. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:32:12 PM by MachThree »

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:59:24 AM »
Hmmm... I was right about Christian being dead... about Locke being the smoke monster... that Sawyer and Ben would turn out good... that Sawyer would replace Jack as group leader at some point... that MIB would have a sympathetic backstory... that Jack would die and that the island would need another candidate to replace him... that's all I can remember right now...

I was wrong about Sayid and Shannon in the sideways... that Jacob was evil too... and lots of other stuff

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
I also said that Christian was dead, and I always said that the island was NOT purgatory... in fact, the Alternate timeline was. :D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:56 AM »
I'm officially glad I was wrong on my predictions...otherwise I probably wouldnt have liked the suprises each episode had...except for my original prediction with millions of others about purgatory...ok it was purgatory like...lol

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 04:48:51 PM »
Toldja Lapidus wasn't really dead from the submarine.  Wooooo me!   ::)

Also thought Juliet was David's mom, but then, so did pretty much everybody, so that one doesn't count for too much.

I did wonder out loud if Sayid was meaning Shannon instead of Nadia when he said that bit this season about "the love of my life that died in my arms," but I wouldn't say I was convinced of it.

I thought all along that Jacob was not going to be as "God-like good" as we were being led to believe, and that MIB was not going to be as "Satan-bad" as we were being led to believe, and I think that was proven pretty much true.

That's about it.  Sad percentage for six years' worth of theories, isn't it?   :D