Author Topic: The Dharma Shark  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Dharma Shark
« on: May 24, 2010, 04:50:38 PM »
I swear I saw the Dharma shark hurl itself out of the ocean to gobble up Kelvin in the background behind Locke lying like a rag doll after being SHOT by Kate, who amazingly, couldn't really hit the broad side of a barn yet somehow managed to shoot her way through 6 seasons of LOST.

Talk about jumping the shark....

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The Dharma Shark
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »
Kate shooting someone is "jumping the shark" now? Really?

Actually, we did kind of see the shark jumping Claire before she had Aaron last night.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »
I think it should be a law that you can't use the term jump the shark for a finale because it renders the term moot.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
I think it should be a law that you can't use the term jump the shark for a finale because it renders the term moot.

Agree!

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

Agree!

Seconded!

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »

Agree!

Seconded!

Quickest resolution to a SWLS debate EVER.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:57 AM »

The.End-4602-museum-Claire-shark

Sometimes, you jump the shark, and sometimes the shark jumps you. ;)

(Respect to Ericd)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46:31 AM »
It looks to me like a grouper, possibly a reference to Lost groupies, jumping a shark that is jumping our beloved lostie Claire.  Or it could be a sea bass, in which case I don't like the mixed metaphor any more, well, at least not as much. ;) :D

The.End-4601-museum-shark

You left out the best part!  ;) :D ;D
(he said as he shamelessly quoted himself)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:48:02 AM by ericd543 »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
I swear I saw the Dharma shark hurl itself out of the ocean to gobble up Kelvin in the background behind Locke lying like a rag doll after being SHOT by Kate, who amazingly, couldn't really hit the broad side of a barn yet somehow managed to shoot her way through 6 seasons of LOST.

For six seasons, Kate kicked some pretty good ass, including that marshal's several times, and always held her own.  It wasn't a stretch at all that she would come to Jack's rescue at the end.

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to linger here, not only bashing the show throughout the existing threads, but actually taking the time to start new ones to complain about each and every scene of the finale.  I'm still here because I loved the show for six years and enjoy discussing it (for a little while longer).  If I was as disappointed as you (you have EVERY right to feel disappointed, I'm not trying to take that away from you), I would express my disapproval in one message to the producers, if I even bothered to do that much, and then I would 'let go' and 'move on' with my ACTUAL life.  We're all entitled to our opinions.  Let those of us that enjoyed the show discuss it in peace without trying to shove it down our throats how badly it sucked.  It sucked for you and you aren't alone.  But you sound WAY too angry to have anything constructive to add to most of the discussions here.  Sorry, no offense.   :-\

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »

For six seasons, Kate kicked some pretty good ass, including that marshal's several times, and always held her own.  It wasn't a stretch at all that she would come to Jack's rescue at the end.

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to linger here, not only bashing the show throughout the existing threads, but actually taking the time to start new ones to complain about each and every scene of the finale.  I'm still here because I loved the show for six years and enjoy discussing it (for a little while longer).  If I was as disappointed as you (you have EVERY right to feel disappointed, I'm not trying to take that away from you), I would express my disapproval in one message to the producers, if I even bothered to do that much, and then I would 'let go' and 'move on' with my ACTUAL life.  We're all entitled to our opinions.  Let those of us that enjoyed the show discuss it in peace without trying to shove it down our throats how badly it sucked.  It sucked for you and you aren't alone.  But you sound WAY too angry to have anything constructive to add to most of the discussions here.  Sorry, no offense.   :-\

Totally agree!