Author Topic: Maybe I'm mildly retarded but I just dont get the ending.  (Read 1437 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Maybe I'm mildly retarded but I just dont get the ending.
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
totally lost

it was all an effin dream?

Thye must have actually interacted on the island at some point cause Juliet and Ben were not even on the plane.

So they didnt die in the plane crash, maybe the Jughead did it.

Did not get the ending at all, am I stupid?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I'm mildly retarded but I just dont get the ending.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
Everything up to season 6 happened.

During season six, everything Island oriented happened.

When our character's died (Some before Jack, some Long after) they came to this place where time doesn't pass. That single moment lasts as short or as long as one percieves before they come to accept their death and move on. All the Losties were brought together by Desmond to move on together.

Thats Basic, but its the gist.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:16:40 AM »
Everything happened. They survived the plane crashed and carried on like we saw. However, the sideways timeline this season was actually them when they were dead. it was a place they created to 'go to' after death to wait for the Losties to arrive once they too passed on. There is no time in this place so it looked like they were there all at the same time. however some got there years before Jack (Boone, Charlie, Juliette) and some got there many many years later after they had lived their lives.(Kate, sawyer, Hurley).

So basically after Jack died the Ajira plane made it back to Guam and they carried on with their lives for hopefully a long time.

Desmond left the island and went back to Penny

Hurley and Ben protected the island

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
Everything up to season 6 happened.

During season six, everything Island oriented happened.

When our character's died (Some before Jack, some Long after) they came to this place where time doesn't pass. That single moment lasts as short or as long as one percieves before they come to accept their death and move on. All the Losties were brought together by Desmond to move on together.

Thats Basic, but its the gist.

Ok, a little more confused now

Everything in season six on island happened?

I never saw Kate die. never saw sawyer die. they did eventually though obviously,  the ajira flight presumably go off the island, and that is when jack died correct?

Lockes body was taken over by the smoke monster? or was that made up?

they actually time travelled????

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:35:05 AM »

Ok, a little more confused now

Everything in season six on island happened? Yes, everything.

I never saw Kate die. never saw sawyer die. they did eventually though obviously,  the ajira flight presumably go off the island, and that is when jack died correct? Kate and Sawyer died off island. Like Christian said, some people died long after Jack. They are two of them. You don't have to see someone die for it to have happened. Jack died on the island, and yes, most of us believe Ajira got off the island, Kate, Sawyer, Richard, etc., and went on to live long lives.

Lockes body was taken over by the smoke monster? or was that made up? No, that really happened. EVERYTHING that happened on the island happened.

they actually time travelled???? Yes. Everything on the island actually happened.

Go back and re-read Christian's speech. It explains it all:

(Credit to Eric, who posted this in the screencaps thread. Emphasis added.)

Christian: Hey kiddo.
Jack: Dad?
Christian: Hello Jack.
Jack: I don't understand. You died.
Christian: Yeah. Yes I did.
Jack: Then how are you here right now?
Christian: How are you here?
Jack: I died too.
Christian: It's ok, it's ok.. It's okay, son
Jack: I love you dad.
Christian: I love you too son.
Jack: Are you real?
Christian: I sure hope so. Yeah I'm real. You're real. Everything that's ever happened to you is real. All those people in the church, they're all real too.
Jack: They're all… they're all dead?
Christian: Everyone dies sometime, kiddo. Some of them before you, some long after you.
Jack: Why are they all here now?
Christian: Well, there is no "now" here.
Jack: Where are we, dad?
Christian: Well, this is a place you all made together so you could find one another. The most important part of your life is the time you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you.
Jack: For what?
Christian: To remember. And to let go.
Jack: Kate, she said we were leaving.
Christian: Not leaving, no, moving on.
Jack: Where are we going?
Christian: Let's go find out.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
As others have said, everything we ever saw on island was real, including season 6.  All the flashbacks were real.  All the flash forwards were real.  All the time travelling was real. 

What wasn't "real" was the alt timeline / flash sideways, which we only saw this season.  Everyone there was dead, it was a type of purgatory where their souls went before they could move on, presumably to heaven or something like that.  Some people we saw there died before Jack (Christian, Charlie, Boone, Shannon, Jin, Sun, Sayid, Libby, Locke, etc.), others died at some point afterward (Kate, Sawyer, Claire Bear, Hurley and so forth).  Jack's death came looking up into the sky after the Ajira plane flew over, with Vincent lying next to him.

The idea that there was no "now" there to me means it was just all detached from regular time - everyone was together regardless of when they died. 

This one sentence from Christian in that scene with Jack sums it up for me (thanks for posting it Katbrill, by the way) ...

Christian: Well, this is a place you all made together so you could <b>find</b> one another.