Author Topic: Who created the Alt timeline/ meeting place?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Who created the Alt timeline/ meeting place?
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:53:24 AM »
Christian said it was a place they had created to find each other, or something to that tune. Using world like created makes it seem that someone made it. Was is Hurley, Jacob, Christian, someone or something else?

On a related topic, what happened to the people that were killed or died in the "meeting" place. Do they go to hell, or are they merely just the figments of people imagination projected as real people to interact with? Like this place is only reserved for people who were on the island.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:06:32 AM by Writers_Strike »

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Who created the Alt timeline/ meeting place?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
Yes, this place was reserved for the ones who made deep connections with each other on the island. Everyone else in the ALT (keamy) were figments of their imagination.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
It was all real and Keamy et al were not part of that bonding process. 
I like that they found a place to find each other and recognize their strong relationships.
 :)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
I got the impression that it was a subconscious collective creation, possibly something that we all do and don't understand or realize until of course we ourselves have died. Try to imagine what that created reality would be like for you individually...who would be part of it, what moment of your life would it occur in. And more mind-blowing, what if you're in that reality right this instant lol...

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »
I got the impression that it was a subconscious collective creation, possibly something that we all do and don't understand or realize until of course we ourselves have died. Try to imagine what that created reality would be like for you individually...who would be part of it, what moment of your life would it occur in. And more mind-blowing, what if you're in that reality right this instant lol...

That is what I asked my co-worker today (after we both teared up this morning discussing the final scene): "What if I'm already dead and in purgatory and in two years I'm in a room with a bunch of strangers and have an epiphany that I lived on an island with them for three years and that we're all dead now?  What if this is my purgatory!?!?!"

I'm glad I at least get to watch The Hills in purgatory...

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
Maybe this forum is the alt reality and we are all dead and remembering our time on the island! lol

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
Maybe this forum is the alt reality and we are all dead and remembering our time on the island! lol
Are you my contstant

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »
Are you my contstant

let me check my journal! :)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
I'm still unclear as to some characters being real or fake in the Alt/Purgatory, such as Nadia, Helen, Miles and his father, Aaron, and also why Penny goes with the people in the Church although not having anything to do with the island while Nadia and Helen are left behind.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »
penny did have something to do with the island--she was looking for des, she hired the guys that were in the arctic waiting for the signal, and she was the one that charlie talked to in 'the looking glass' episode and told him it wasn't her boat.  her boat also picked up the oceanic 6.

anyway, i think the ending was jack's creation.  it's what he envisioned, and who he wanted to be a part of his afterlife.