Author Topic: Unanswered Questions  (Read 9879 times)

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Unanswered Questions
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:32:26 AM »
So what are your remaining unanswered questions? Post them up.

Some of mine are:
What's the Box that Ben talks about where anything you can imagine is inside?
Why weren't the Others able to have children?
Why did the Others dress up with beards and tattered clothes?
What's with that Dharma medicine injections Desmond was taking, and was given to pregnant Claire?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Unanswered Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:43:34 AM »
What is the island?
Who built/carved out the area with the light and "cork"?
What is MiBs name?
Who was in the boat that shot at the time traveling losties? (I was hoping to see this scene)
How long did Hurley live for?

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »
What's the Box that Ben talks about where anything you can imagine is inside? I still think that's a metaphor. Or made up by Ben for the purpose of manipulation
Why weren't the Others able to have children? Because Jacob made it so?
Why did the Others dress up with beards and tattered clothes? Many were recruited. They wanted to hide who they really were in case anyone came looking for them. You don't know what they got up to off the island (consider Ben, Richard and Tom's actions)
What's with that Dharma medicine injections Desmond was taking, and was given to pregnant Claire? Placebo, all in the interests of spinning myths designed to keep people away from the "real" truth
What is the island? A wonderous place. I really think that's all that we need to know.
Who built/carved out the area with the light and "cork"? You mean "what is the hisptory of the island"? Certainly the origins of Jacob and MIB's "mother" intrigues me.
What is MiBs name? VERY good question. Titus Welliver said that he did have a name and it would be revealed in the final episode. It would be significant to fans.
Who was in the boat that shot at the time traveling losties? (I was hoping to see this scene) When the storm came, I was expecting to see this scene. I'm disappointed
How long did Hurley live for? I don't think that's in any way important.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:35 AM »
If the magic box is a metaphor, then where did Locke's dad come from?  I don't think it's possible that he was transported by any natural means.  Just doesn't seem to be enough time.  And people in general seemed to appear off the island very quick, like Tom when he visited Michael.  For now, I'll just have to chalk it up to creative freedom the same way everything was within less than an hour's walking distance in the finale.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:52:56 AM by Maxor127 »

Offline motorcycle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »
Why did Jacob have a thing for numbers? Lost went on and on about the numbers for at least 4 seasons and was never answered properly.
Who protected the island when Jacob left the island to recruit?
How did Jacob leave the island?
Why could Jacob leave the island and MiB couldn't?
Why couldn't MiB kill any candidates?
How is MiB evil when he only wanted to be human again and go home?
How is Jacob not evil when he brought hundreds of people to island against their free will to die for no reason?
Who set the rules Jacob and MiB lived by?
Did Frank's aeroplane fly at the correct compass bearing to leave the island?
Did David Shephard exist or was he just an alternate apparition? Was he at the church at the end?
Why wasn't Walt important enough to Locke to be at the church?
Isn't Nadia the love of Sayid's life and not Shannon?
How did any Egyptians get to the island and why did they build the statue?
Who said "help me" in Jacob's cabin?

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »
Why did Jacob have a thing for numbers? Lost went on and on about the numbers for at least 4 seasons and was never answered properly.
Who protected the island when Jacob left the island to recruit?
How did Jacob leave the island?
Why could Jacob leave the island and MiB couldn't?
Why couldn't MiB kill any candidates?
How is MiB evil when he only wanted to be human again and go home?
How is Jacob not evil when he brought hundreds of people to island against their free will to die for no reason?
Who set the rules Jacob and MiB lived by?
Did Frank's aeroplane fly at the correct compass bearing to leave the island?
Did David Shephard exist or was he just an alternate apparition? Was he at the church at the end?
Why wasn't Walt important enough to Locke to be at the church?
Isn't Nadia the love of Sayid's life and not Shannon?
How did any Egyptians get to the island and why did they build the statue?
Who said "help me" in Jacob's cabin?
:'(

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
I have too many questions to list.  The finale brought up some new ones, like what's the deal with David if they're all dead?  He's just a soulless illusion who doesn't matter anymore?  And didn't everyone who made it off have lives and loved ones during however long they were alive for?  They don't matter and not worth seeing in the afterlife?  I imagine Kate and Sawyer who start new lives and possibly families.  Same with Claire.  I can even see Sawyer and Kate staying together in a relationship.  And Miles never met anyone?  He just wants to chill alone?  I just had a thought... what if the wreckage at the end was the Ajira flight?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »
If the magic box is a metaphor, then where did Locke's dad come from?  I don't think it's possible that he was transported by any natural means.  Just doesn't seem to be enough time.  And people in general seemed to appear off the island very quick, like Tom when he visited Michael.  For now, I'll just have to chalk it up to creative freedom the same way everything was within less than an hour's walking distance in the finale.

I think through hints given by diagloge in the episode before and during we are to assume Ben had Cooper brought in. Remember Ben knew all about the Losties so was able to know what to do to 'push their buttons'

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »
  I just had a thought... what if the wreckage at the end was the Ajira flight?

It was Oceanic--it showed the name on the plane

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »
Oh yeah... why is the island underwater during the sideways if none of it was real?  That was bugging me last night while I tried to sleep.

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
In their engineered reality, it was they explained Oceanic 815 not crashing.

Offline 00Dawg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »
How did Alvar Hanso find out about the island, and figure out how to get there?

Offline anavrin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
From the end of the note I posted on Facebook:

In the Flash Sideways, at the end:
*Where were Michael and Walt?
*Where were Rose and Bernard, who had both appeared in the Flash Sideways earlier?
*What about Ana Lucia, Eko, and all of the other lesser characters? Ilana? Naomi? Arzt? I mean, Shannon and Boone show up...
*Why was Penny there with Desmond? She wasn't truly part of all of this. Daniel's mom was there, but where was Widmore?
*What becomes of Jack's son? How'd he get there? Did he ever really exist? Does Jack have to leave him to move on, or does that not matter because he never really existed?
*Claire is reunited with Aaron, who left the island. Why are Jin and Sun not reunited with their daughter? (So, Sun is pregnant, but it's not quite the same. Sun has met their daughter. Is she ready to "move on" without her?)
*What about Nikki and Paolo???? (LOL)
*Ben was there. Juliet was there. Where was Richard? He got a gray hair last night, but is he still immortal?
*Ben wasn't ready to move on. Was he wanting to spend more time with Alex? Or did he just need more time in purgatory (if that was what that was) because of all his evil deeds? If so, then what of Sayid?
*The island was on the bottom of the ocean. Did that really happen?
*Was the Flash Sideways supposed to be just a construct of their collective subconscious? Is it purgatory? Why do they have to be "ready" to move on? What's the point of landing there, instead of going right from death to the ultimate location?

Island questions:
*Michael came back to Hurley as one of the whispers, trapped on the island. We never got an explanation to that. Why didn't he go on to the Flash Sideways?
*Why was Demond stuck on the island pushing buttons in a hatch?
*What about the numbers? Why those numbers that needed to be pushed, in sequence? Was it just coincidence that they were Hurley's winning lottery numbers and connected to Rousseau's distress signal?
*Why couldn't women conceive/carry to term babies on the island?
*How many sets of Others were there? How did they get there? What did they want?
*Why did they kidnap Walt?
*Who built the four-toed statue? The temple? All of the carved pieces (like the "plug") down in the cave with the light in the end? All sorts of Egyptian symbolism, but no explanation.
*Was there no meaning to all of the "special" people? Locke, Walt, Aaron? What about the Australian psychic's ravings that Claire had to raise Aaron? Just meaningless ravings? A red herring?
*What happened to Lapidus' plane after they took off? Did they get back to the real world and live out their days? Was it their wreckage on the beach at the end?
*What happened to Hurley and Ben back on the island? What was their fate? The island's? Hurley drank the water, so something had to happen that he died.
*How about the wheel in the lighthouse? What was THAT all about? How did THAT work?
*How did Jacob, who didn't believe there was anything other than the island, leave the island to touch all of the candidates as younger folks? How did he know to choose them? How did he know what they would become? How did he know they'd all be on that one plane that crashed years or decades later because Desmond didn't press the buttons? (Or did that not REALLY cause the crash?)
*What about Richard's visits to people, like young Locke? (When he presented him with the knife and compass?)
*Does the island "select" people? Do pregnant women have some significance? (Jacob's and MIB's mother? Rousseau? Claire? Sun?)
*What was MIB's name?
*What was all that stuff about a virus or sickness infecting people? Rousseau talked about it. The Others had all sorts of medical injections for it. The temple people detected it in Sayid. Claire went a little crazy herself, but apparently recovered?
*Why was Smokey going around killing people? From the very first episodes, where he was yanking people out of camp and the pilot out of the plane, etc.? What was the motivation?
*What was the series of flashes that appeared in Smokey sometimes?
*Why did ash and the big pylons keep Smokey out?
*Why were the Others kidnapping people out of the camp? What happened to Cindy and the kids from the plane? Did we find them in the temple after all of these years as an Easter Egg only to have them immediately killed by Smokey?
*What was the deal with Ethan and Goodwin and all of their crazy evilness?
*Why and how did Ben have extensive dossiers on all of the Losties? Everything he did when we first found him at Dharma camp led us to believe he was very powerful and had a global network, but did that not exist? If not, how did that all happen?
*How did Ben come to lead the Others?
*Why did Ben steal Alex from Rousseau?
*Who were the people in the temple, particularly the Sensai and his Hippie friend? How did Cindy and the kids flash back in time to be with them?
*After the second electromagnetic event, when Desmond was flashing back to England, what was that? Was that Flash Sideways? (Death?) Time travel?
*The Dharma Initiative (bunnies!) and Farraday seemed to be interested in time travel and the island. What was THAT all about? And the island jumping around in time. What was that about, too?
*Why is the island invisible to radar and how does turning a strange wheel underground move it and drop the turner in Tunisia?
*So, I think we were told that Dharma were the ones who brought things like the polar bear to the island, but how did the polar bear skeleton end up in the desert? Was the appearance of the polar bear in Walt's (Hurley's?) comic book just a coincidence?
*Why did Ben recruit Sayid as his henchman after they left the island? Who were the people still trying to kill the Oceanic 6 (like the guy on the golf course)? And why?
*Who was dropping supplies to Desmond?
*What did Widmore want with the island? Why was he so at odds with Ben about it that it led to murderous intentions?
*Was Hurley crazy? What about all of the dead people he saw, on and off the island?
*How did MIB become Smokey? Yet, Jack and Desmond and Hurley all went into the cavern and didn't become smoke monsters. Why MIB? Why didn't Jack become white smoke?
*Does Vincent ever die?

I'm sure the questions will keep flowing, but the well of answers has dried up, like the spring when Desmond took the plug out, leaving just a rumbling, angry volcanic cavern, waiting to explode.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
Dude, you have issues!

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
anavrin, I was wondering if someone else was wondering the same as me about the following question...

*How did MIB become Smokey? Yet, Jack and Desmond and Hurley all went into the cavern and didn't become smoke monsters. Why MIB? Why didn't Jack become white smoke?

My theory is that the smoke monster was the devil in disguise as he could only take the form of dead people, but still how did he get released, just by having MiB fall into the hole? Wouldn't he have had to remove the "cork" and he obviously didn't. That is the only mystery bothering me. It just doesn't make sense.