Author Topic: summary  (Read 1308 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
summary
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »
I read these on another forum

thought I'd post them because I think a lot of people found part of this episode confusing (me too)

they helped me understand

See, I took it as though the flash sideways was purgatory...

Hurley and Ben reference their time on the island together after the show near the end...
The island was real. It was a battleground for Good Evil Science vs Faith thats why Dharma and all of them came.

Sideways was purgatory not the island.

The island was what they said it was a cork to keep all that is evil away from the world

Everything on the island happened

The only part that is them dead was Desmond's timeline thing that started this season.
I think Jack died on the island, but everyone else lived and lived their lives however they did. When they died (at various different times) they all went to purgatory, that exists outside of time.
this is how i took it... the flash sideways was where they all gathered after they died(whenever that may be) so they could remember and be dead and whatnot together... but they werent all dead the whole time or anything
yes i believe this is right. Christian said they died years later but they created that place to come and find each other.

It all happened.

or it was purgetory and the place they created was their place to move themselves on
why didnt ben want to be included?

I think he was ashamed of how he behaved in his life and needed more time to "let go" before moving on to what I assume is heaven

I took it as Ben did a lot of bad **** that he felt guilty about so he was gonna stick around and contemplate for a while...which is what people do in purgatory.
certain people were not there because they have other people to wait for to move on.

Ben will move on with Alex but he was around to see those people go.

Other people such the Widmores will leave together.

Miles will leave with his Father.
exactly the show is about redemption and fate. Those people where meant to find each other.

The island was just a battleground

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:33:37 AM by jamesl »

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: summary
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:08 AM »
i don't think it was "purgatory", i was just a place to remember each other and what they went through

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: summary
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »
just bumping this up