Author Topic: St Elsewhere?  (Read 4687 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: St Elsewhere?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »
See here's the thing about that "ThoughtPolice" comment. Its not really incorrect for us to come on here and tell you that you are wrong when you are. I really don't want to do it, but I think I have to. Full show synopsis might be needed for some people.

Offline JackCrow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »
I have a hard time throwing out what the writers said repeatedly, the dialog of the church scene, the exchange with Hurley and Ben at the church, the fact that everything makes sense if they did NOT die, simply because of 3 seconds of still pictures after the end.  The preponderance of evidence is that they intended for us to think they survived the crash and lived all this time (if not, why wouldn't have have been more direct..."Jack, you died on the plane and it took six seasons for you to get your head straight about your life"...that they didn't even attempt to say anything of the sort is to me quite telling). 

To say there is a possibility that this isn't the case is valid, but to chose this as your "primary" viewpoint is a stretch given everything else that has gone on.

Of course, you are entirely entitled to do it anyway!!  :)

Jack

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
just saw that it wasn't the writers who put the wreckage in, it was abc. it was just a homage to the pilot and a time so the fans could just sit and think before the local news interrupted

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »
just saw that it wasn't the writers who put the wreckage in, it was abc. it was just a homage to the pilot and a time so the fans could just sit and think before the local news interrupted

Now that's funny!! People are freaking out and it wasn't even something the writer's meant to do!

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 09:42:49 AM »
The ABC people put the scene of the initial wreckage to ease people into the news.
The writers did not put this on .  It was what made a lot us think that it was an indication that all died in the crash and hence being upset with the thought that none of the 6 years was real.  Shame on ABC.