Author Topic: Not Happy......  (Read 6012 times)

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Not Happy......
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »
I am happy with the ending, but I still want my questions answered (even if they weren't "important" to the big picture or the end.).

And I'm ready for this fall's sitcom:  Ben and Hurley...two guys guarding and island and munching down on all the Dharma chow they can...hilarity ensues.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
I am happy with the ending, but I still want my questions answered (even if they weren't "important" to the big picture or the end.).

And I'm ready for this fall's sitcom:  Ben and Hurley...two guys guarding and island and munching down on all the Dharma chow they can...hilarity ensues.

I was thinking about that all morning! That would be great!

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »

It's funny, I've been ranting to anyone who'll listen over the last few weeks, I want to know this, I want to know that....but I've been thinking after viewing the finale, it really doesn't matter...I thought they made a fantastic finale and I thought I'd be angry when it was over...I'm not, I'm ok with it...

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
I thought the whole church scene was a little cheesy... but ultimately I was OK with it.  It could have been worst... I thought it was appropriate to end with Jack's death and his eye closing...

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »
Also, after all this time, the smoke monster get's shot in the back by Kate and dies.  I was hoping for something slightly more epic than that.
I was a little surprised by that too.  I think also that it came relatively early in the 2+ hours took away from it as well, made it somewhat anti-climactic.  But I thought the ep. was astoundingly good overall, and I don't know how they'd have done it any better, so...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 12:55:19 PM »
I didn't like Kate shooting MIB either.  And saying her cheesy line I saw coming a mile away.  I think Jack should've finished the fight.  At the very least, Sawyer should've been the one to shoot him just so he could have one great moment during the finale.  Sawyer was pretty much worthless.  Sawyer could've been the one to kill MIB while Kate could still have her moment with Claire.  I think my main complaints with the finale are about execution.  It could've been better with some tweaks.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
If this was jack trying to move on or letting go why all of the side stories?....Why would a dead Jack care if Jin and Sun get shot and kid knapped?....Kate Desmond come on

The true mystery is Hawkings and that was never answered....How does she know what she knows?

I seriously get migrains sometimes coming on here. I can only hold two hands at a time people. Eloise Hawking knew the same way Desmond knew. The moment she met her son she knew she had died. Gained full realization of what she had done. She didn't want to move on though, so she could stay with him and live the life she never could. Its kind of right there for you once you realize what the sideways is, and when Eloise said to Desmond, "You're not taking him with you, are you?"

Its not JUST Jack letting go. Its everyone letting go. They all constructed this together. (Direct quote from Christian escapes me.) Its a collective moving on. The people who weren't at the church didn't need anyone else there to move on with. Rose and Bernard just needed each other. Its all very consistant with the show we (allegedly) have all been watching for quite some time.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
That and Ben wanted to stick around awhile longer...

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »
I didn't like Kate shooting MIB either.  And saying her cheesy line I saw coming a mile away.  I think Jack should've finished the fight.  At the very least, Sawyer should've been the one to shoot him just so he could have one great moment during the finale.  Sawyer was pretty much worthless.  Sawyer could've been the one to kill MIB while Kate could still have her moment with Claire.  I think my main complaints with the finale are about execution.  It could've been better with some tweaks.

Locke falling from that cliff and ending on the ground the same way he ended when Cooper pushed him.
I liked it.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
I'm not going to try to convice people to like something. For me, the ending was pitch perfect.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:15:30 PM by CaseyMac »

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 02:27:21 PM »
I thought it was bullsht.  The smoke monster getting pushed off a cliff after Kate shot him.  How stupid was *that*?

Jack's mullet kid... Although I am perfectly capable of understanding that the entire show was really JACK'S test and HIS moving on, not about anyone else, and it was exclusively told from HIS PERSPECTIVE, it was still a crock of ....

I didn't wait six flipping seasons to find out that DrDrunk really wasn't as bad as Jack thought he was, and how in the heck was Bernard more important in Jack's life than, say, his FIRST wife?  What about his mother?  You know she must be dead by now.  She looked half dead the last time we saw her--

The bottom line is:  the writers got carried away with their red herrings and DIDN'T TELL THE STORY AND GET OUT.... They got high on their horses and thought the show would last much longer until ABC pulled the plug and told them to shove the entire story into the last 2 seasons, which left them with no choice but to cram it all into the last 2.5 hours.  Poor planning, writing, and execution.

They could've easily told this story in 3 seasons or less.  to drag it out this long was absurd.

blech
*Des8

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »

Jack's mullet kid... Although I am perfectly capable of understanding that the entire show was really JACK'S test and HIS moving on, not about anyone else, and it was exclusively told from HIS PERSPECTIVE, it was still a crock of ....

I didn't wait six flipping seasons to find out that DrDrunk really wasn't as bad as Jack thought he was, and how in the heck was Bernard more important in Jack's life than, say, his FIRST wife?  What about his mother?  You know she must be dead by now.  She looked half dead the last time we saw her--

The bottom line is:  the writers got carried away with their red herrings and DIDN'T TELL THE STORY AND GET OUT.... They got high on their horses and thought the show would last much longer until ABC pulled the plug and told them to shove the entire story into the last 2 seasons, which left them with no choice but to cram it all into the last 2.5 hours.  Poor planning, writing, and execution.

blech
*Des8

Sorry ya hated it, and apparently didn't get it Des. This was not all about Jack. They all crossed over with each other. With the most important people in their lives. Jack crossed over with the people that helped him come to grips with his pre-island life. He had no relationship with his first wife. The Losties meant more to him than she ever could have hoped too. His father was THE most important person in his life. Hence him flashing after he touched the coffin.

As for your assertion that ABC made the call for them to wrap it up, that is plain not true. The Writers stated their own end date. This was ended exactly the way they wanted it to end, and it was perfect.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »

blech
*Des8

Sorry ya hated it, and apparently didn't get it Des. This was not all about Jack. They all crossed over with each other. With the most important people in their lives. Jack crossed over with the people that helped him come to grips with his pre-island life. He had no relationship with his first wife. The Losties meant more to him than she ever could have hoped too. His father was THE most important person in his life. Hence him flashing after he touched the coffin.

As for your assertion that ABC made the call for them to wrap it up, that is plain not true. The Writers stated their own end date. This was ended exactly the way they wanted it to end, and it was perfect.
Sorry, darling.  ABC told the writers to wrap it up.  The ratings were so far down, the costs were still enormous.  They didn't end the show the way they wanted to, either.  Just do a Lexis Nexis search and see what the writers had to say when the show began, and how their attitude started changing over the years.  You, my friend, are wrong.

As for Jack's perspective and the show being HIS redemption?  It is absolutely correct.  Matthew Fox was on Kimmel last night and talked about it.  So before you start burning off stupid responses, you should know what you're talking about.

Nice try, tho.  The show still was not the original story the writers had intended to tell.  They got sidetracked with their own celebrite'.

cheers
*Des8

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
Sorry, darling.  ABC told the writers to wrap it up.  The ratings were so far down, the costs were still enormous.  They didn't end the show the way they wanted to, either.  Just do a Lexis Nexis search and see what the writers had to say when the show began, and how their attitude started changing over the years.  You, my friend, are wrong.

As for Jack's perspective and the show being HIS redemption?  It is absolutely correct.  Matthew Fox was on Kimmel last night and talked about it.  So before you start burning off stupid responses, you should know what you're talking about.

Nice try, tho.  The show still was not the original story the writers had intended to tell.  They got sidetracked with their own celebrite'.

cheers
*Des8

Oh but I know what I am talking about. Do you have any idea what it takes to put on a show with the scope of LOST? Do you know how many different ideas are spawned off of one central one? I would assume not, otherwise you would not even try to bring up interviews from season 1. Jack was supposed to die. That changed after the first episode. If your logic holds you should have cut bait after they changed that kind of big detail. Ben was only slated for 3 shows. That changed after he was awesome. The fundamental themes of the show have never wavered. Ratings were down because of the long layoff. Jack certainly was the main character and of course the character is going to focus on their own redemption. This story was about all of our Losties, not just the one.

If you thought the finale was bad, then that is your opinion, but to assume you know anything about the intentions of the writers is just wrong. TPTB told their story, and it didn't end how you wanted it to. If that means you are going to retch about it then congrats. You wasted 6 years on a show. Your loss. The show tied up all the answers that needed tying up. Thats what they said they would do. Just because you can't follow some of the answers doesn't mean they weren't answered.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »

blech
*Des8

Sorry, darling.  ABC told the writers to wrap it up. 

LOL not quite. Lost has been a cash cow for ABC. If anything, they would have wanted the show to keep going so they could have about 5 wedding episodes, just like every other show they ride into the ground.