Author Topic: Not Happy......  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Not Happy......
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:58:17 AM »
Are you?

Are you really happy with the last 5 minutes? What TPTB said as in not the P word....and now we get this mumbo jumbo of moving on?

Not feeling this at all. They took 6 years and 2 hours and 25 minutes and blew the last 5....

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Not Happy......
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:21 AM »
Not the last five minutes....more like the last 5 seconds. Yes...it was a long 6 years that I think at times got as lost as they could get, but I always loved the dog.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:11:39 AM »
Why the complaints?  I thought it was perfect.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
I didn't really like the whole moving on thing either.  I think it would've been better if the place they were moving on to was the island.  Like have an extra scene of them stepping into the light and being back.  I thought maybe the scene of the beach during the credits would have a hint of that, but I didn't notice anything.

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »
Everything that happened on the island happened. They are all dead in the alternate timeline only. Many are still alive (2007 time) in the regular timeline. As I think more about this finale, I understand now why TPTB said they will only answer questions important to the main characters. Many of the questions that were obsessed over were not relevant to them "moving on". I am usually a huge nitpicker, but I took this ending for what it was and I was very pleased. I really don't care where the Dharma food drops came from any more :)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
If this was jack trying to move on or letting go why all of the side stories?....Why would a dead Jack care if Jin and Sun get shot and kid knapped?....Kate Desmond come on

The true mystery is Hawkings and that was never answered....How does she know what she knows?

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:56 AM »
i think the only way i'll know if I really liked the ending , no i liked it, I should say,.. if i think the ending was acceptable , is if i go back and watch all the seasons again. and now im not too sure i really want to do that. not six seasons worth anyway.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »
Are you?

Are you really happy with the last 5 minutes? What TPTB said as in not the P word....and now we get this mumbo jumbo of moving on?

Not feeling this at all. They took 6 years and 2 hours and 25 minutes and blew the last 5....
Yup. I feel like I wasted half of the sixth season watching a stupid nonsense sideway. All because that lame ending.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 03:38:40 AM »
I didn't mind the sideways being some kind of end-of-life meetup for everyone who was connected to each other, that (by necessity) exists outside of time since not everyone died concurrently in reality.

I'm more bothered by why Michael's character was not deemed important enough to be a part of the flash sideways (and the actor who plays Walt "has grown too much" is an unacceptable explanation).

Ben apologizes to John for killing him -- maybe I'll take some solace in his hint that he other things to do before going into the church; I'll give TPTB a break and assume that includes apologizing to Alex and Danielle for kidnapping one and leaving the other out in the wild.

------

Other than Jack being the one making the ultimate sacrifice and Ben getting to stay and be the new Richard; it came across as completely random as to the fate of everyone else (including Hurley being the new Jacob).  I wish TPTB had been able to provide a believable rationale for why things worked out the way they did for each character.  (But again, one of the themes [intended or not] for me from this show is that searching for "meaning" and "the reason" that things happen is self-delusion.)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 04:37:30 AM »
I'm not happy that it's over... does that count?

My perspective echoes what a few others have said... what happened in everything but the "sideways world" happened.  The "ATL" (I'm not even sure that's the appropriate phrase anymore) clearly went for the moon regarding a spiritual perspective.  IMHO it was a gutsy move.  They had to have known that they would get backlash on it.  But they wanted to come back to the fact that these people loved each other and even beyond the island... beyond their mortal lives, they sought each other out.  I think I'm good.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:23:21 AM »
I'm more bothered by why Michael's character was not deemed important enough to be a part of the flash sideways (and the actor who plays Walt "has grown too much" is an unacceptable explanation).
I think Michael and Walt not appearing in the flash sideways is consistent with how the show ended - the people in the flash sideways were important to each other.  Walt wasn't really important to any of the people in the Alt - he left and the end of S1 basically.  Michael pretty much the same, and worse he killed two of their friends. 

The part I find inconsistent is Boone and Shannon.  Shannon was important really only to Sayid and to Boone.  And I've no idea who Boone was important to.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 06:29:22 AM »
The part I find inconsistent is Boone and Shannon.  Shannon was important really only to Sayid and to Boone.  And I've no idea who Boone was important to.

Well, Boone WAS important to Shannon. She was devastated at his death on the island. And I guess Boone was important to Locke..and ultimately, all of them were important to each other to various degrees, which may be why they were all together instead of just coupled up. I think they needed the people who they connected with the strongest to connect with them once more in the ALT, but then also needed to all be together to "leave" the ALT (as opposed to all being together to leave the island).

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »
not happy  >:( what was that  someone pls  explain  ..what is the sideways again ?? if they are all dead why are they having jobs and flying in planes and going around with routine life  ?? is everyone in the world dead ?

the whole sideways was such a mess  ..i'm going to pretend season 6 doesn't exist ..what is immensely sad is they blew a perfect show .  :'(

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:29 AM »
I wouldn't say I'm not happy, but I would say I want more.

I liked how it wasn't an ambiguous ending, they say what it is and stuck to it, so I can't dislike that. I find ambiguous endings cheap and really unsatisfying. While enjoying the finale throughout...there wasn't quite enough for me to feel like I got full closure in the story. There was closure, but I feel like I need more. I feel like there should be another 3 episode or something to tie up everything else and to give me a little more closure to feel completely satisfied.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
I was always concerned they wouldn't connect the alternate timeline to the island, and in the end they didn't. 

Also, after all this time, the smoke monster get's shot in the back by Kate and dies.  I was hoping for something slightly more epic than that.