Author Topic: Dan, Penny and Lipidas...???  (Read 4216 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Dan, Penny and Lipidas...???
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
If the ALT is what they created while they were waiting for everyone to meet up then perhaps Jack engineered himself to have a child in the alt while he was waiting?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »
Why would he create a child with Juliet as mother?
Kate prooved to be a good mother and she wanted a son.
Because Juliet can create life where life isn't supposed to be?
Because Kate was married with Sawyer after leaving the island in real time.
And both Juliet and Jack were waiting?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Desmond told Eloise that he wasn't going to take Daniel with them.  I guess Daniel wasn't ready to move on, and you can say that for anyone else who wasn't there.  Penny didn't die within the show.  And neither did Sawyer, Hurley, or anyone.  They all died at different points in their lives.  You don't really know what happened to any of them.  Hurley and Ben hinted that they'd protected the island for a long time.  Jack's dad kind of explains it.
Nice.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »
Desmond realized they were in perg but so did  eloise. Charlie was getting there, Hurley probably knew and didn't need Desmond. (we never saw Hurley find out. and Im thinking if he was the new Jacob, that he would have been the one to "show" everyone.)  I still thought Desmond was going to be much more important than he wound up being. but im not trying to knit pick. i was just trying to work it all out in my head after the finale. Not too sure how I felt about Jack never having a son. that one hurt. I felt a little tricked. but all in all, i liked it.
Do you mean the moment Hurley became aware of the Island life?  We saw that when he kissed Libby on the beach.

The whole thing with Jack having a son is probably the one thing that bothers me about the ATL.

aaaah yes, i forgot hurley remembered when he was with Libby! Thanks holland.( I can always count on you ). but still, don't you think Hurley being the new "jacob" would be sort of a higher power  and would have known all this when he died. ? they just tried to make desmond more important because they worked him up so much all these yrs as being different. I feel , anyway.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 02:38:43 AM »
Why would he create a child with Juliet as mother?
Kate prooved to be a good mother and she wanted a son.
Because Juliet can create life where life isn't supposed to be?
Because Kate was married with Sawyer after leaving the island in real time.
And both Juliet and Jack were waiting?

Opgelost, funny you should say that about juliet. I was wondering  more along the lines of "why would Jack create a life where he married and divorced Juliet? who thinks divorce is something you would create in your head as a thing you would want!??  OMG.  and so why not just create a life with Kate? and Juliet a life with Sawyer. oh i know . and I'll tell ya! no dramatic reconnection moment. aaaaahhhh lol oh those ptb. got a little sloppy in the end there. but I really  like your reasonings. I'll except them as to make the finale easier to swallow.   ;) so thanks!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 08:05:43 AM »

I was wondering  more along the lines of "why would Jack create a life where he married and divorced Juliet? who thinks divorce is something you would create in your head as a thing you would want!??  OMG. 

That is wierd! I didn't think of that until now! I guess he didn't 'marry' Kate since he knew that didn't work out in real life and, Juliette, he knew really belonged to Sawyer so he 'divorced' her? But who does that when making an  imaginary world? hmmmm

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:03 PM »
Jack needed "David" in the Alt-world to resolve his father issues, so he obviously needed to "make up" a mother for him. Kate would have been too young, and since they apparently love eachother it wouldn't have worked, since it would have woke them up too soon. So his mind created this convenient storyline where Juliet is the mother, but not his wife. If we are to believe that the ALT started with LAX, the divorce is actually a (fake) memory and not what Jack actually experiences. There is no reason for Juliet to have David, but since the world is collectively created, she somehow subconsciously conceeded to the "David" subplot as long as she and Jack weren't together.. Or at least that's what I think.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:38 AM »
Jack needed "David" in the Alt-world to resolve his father issues, so he obviously needed to "make up" a mother for him. Kate would have been too young, and since they apparently love eachother it wouldn't have worked, since it would have woke them up too soon. So his mind created this convenient storyline where Juliet is the mother, but not his wife. If we are to believe that the ALT started with LAX, the divorce is actually a (fake) memory and not what Jack actually experiences. There is no reason for Juliet to have David, but since the world is collectively created, she somehow subconsciously conceeded to the "David" subplot as long as she and Jack weren't together.. Or at least that's what I think.

Thank you--that makes sense!!