Author Topic: I cried  (Read 6149 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: I cried
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »
Nah, why they had all those pasts in the sideways,if they were simply the dead losties? I liked until Ben finally felt honored to be the second in command of Hurley, because he was way more deserving than stupid Jacob. Then everything fell apart. Sucked.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »
It left me unsatisfied, but maybe that's because I was too pissed about the HD being messed up.  I have questions about Jack's soulless son.  And baby Aaron and Ji-Yeon who I assume grew up to be adults and die.

So is that a happy ending or depressing ending that these people lived out their lives without their true loved ones and now just get a moment with them in the afterlife?  And all of the people they spent their lives with after these events meant absolutely nothing?

I still object to Sayid and Shannon having any sort of romance at chemistry.  As far as I'd be concerned, she was just some island booty.  Can't compare her to someone he spent his life obsessing over.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 01:17:28 AM »
i was very satisfied with the ending. its funny how everyone assumed the timelines would merge together, but the "sideways" timeline wasn't a timeline at all! i started to get worried for just a minute when Christian started talking to Jack, but i waited and i'm glad i did. the last 5-10 minutes were great, and i loved seeing charlie!!

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
Add me to the list of those crying my eyes out.  Each "reunion" was better than the last and omg Sawyer and Juliet.. lost it completely. 

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:50 AM »
No tears, and calling it a Titantic ending (I wish I'd said that!) is true, except for the very end. I do think that was perfect.  Vincient was there and that made me smile. Jack seeing he'd done the right thing and saving even a few lives was great. Jack closing his eyes ended it in perfection to how it all started.  The whole two brothers, good/evil, black and white....that's another long story.

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:19 AM »
They didn't live out their lives without their loved ones - they found others.  This version of an afterlife is about the people and things that had great meaning to you.  They'll meet up with their own folks.

Offline Kane

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
When Charlie saw Claire in the crowd...wow. Always loved those two together.

Offline marshmallowhobo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 05:14:26 AM »
I cried, and then I cried some more. And then the reunion happened and I sobbed. Plus I was flanked by my brother and my mom who were also crying. I thought the ending was absolutely perfect. It's been a great six years.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 05:21:13 AM »
Wow. Seriously, that's almost all I can say lol. Wow...

I was definitely disappointed in the last two episodes, but this episode kicked my ever-loving ass lol. Wow.

I no longer care that there were questions left unanswered. This ending "felt" right emotionally and spiritually. Kudos to TPTB, I didn't think you could pull it off, but you did.

Wow.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 06:07:31 AM »
I was a big blubbering mess for half of the show.  I'm so happy.  I'm a sucker for lovers being reunited and being together forever.  I hope Ben builds a loving relationship with Danielle and Alex so they can all move on.  Daniel and Charlotte, too.  I hope Frank and Miles find love and move on eventually.  What a beautiful ending to a great show.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 06:28:32 AM »
I pretty much cried to - I thought the Sayid / Shannon reunion and Sawyer / Juliet awakening were a little bit hokey, but the rest of them were terrific.  Overall, given that they decided to really not give answers, I think the episode was fantastic for what they were trying to achieve with it.  Those that can't live w/o their answers will, predictably, hate it.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »
Uh...."I got something in my eye" a bunch of times.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »
Definitely when Vincent laid down with Jack and it made him smile. 

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
Geez I must be a soulless witch.  I didn't cry once.  I did smile at the reunions, though, does that count?  LOL.

It... Brought all the seasons together, made it the alt world really count and make sense. It also made any remaing questions irrellavent. People lived their lives and needed each other to move on.

Soooo... are you saying that you think the ALT-timeline really happened?  I was trying to reconcile how it possibly could have, until I came on here and read someone saying ALT-timeline never happened at all, just put a big "IF" in front of everything ALT.  I think that kinda stinks, but it's helping me wrap my brain around the ending...  I was all happy with pretty much everything in the finale -- all finally starting to make sense a little, until we got to Locke saying "You don't have a son, Jack."   All last night I was wishing I'd just turned it off right there and not watched the last five minutes because it was messing with my head.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:01:14 AM by Madam P »

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I didn't start tearing up until after it was over and the TV was off and it hit me that it was over.

Oh, and reading this thread is making me tear up.  At work.  Thanks.   :)