Author Topic: killed by Paik?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
killed by Paik?
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
I was watching the pilot episode with the pop up stuff, and it mentioned Sun having an affair with her English teacher and that he was killed by her father as revealed in the Glass Ballerina.  I thought he committed suicide or did I miss something?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: killed by Paik?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »
Jin was sent over to 'handle' him but he didn't follow though. Then the guy jumped out the window. That's the way I remember it

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »
Exactly what I remember.  Which is why I thought it was suicide because Jin didn't do it and there was no indication that anyone else was there or did it.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »
yeah, I think the "pop ups" are not written/approved by anyone tied to the actual production of the show, so they are not canon.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »
It could go both ways i think...he jumped because of his love for Sun, hence teh pearls in his hand...or paik had someone like Keamy throw him out...we will never know for sure...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:28:39 PM »
yeah, I think the "pop ups" are not written/approved by anyone tied to the actual production of the show, so they are not canon.
That's what I always figured too, but that particular pop up just caught me by surprise and based on what I remember, seems based on absolutely no evidence.  Which is why I thought maybe I missed something.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 12:48:58 AM »
The producers said that he commited suicide. They said this shortly after that episode aired.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »
The producers said that he commited suicide. They said this shortly after that episode aired.

well that's good to know
because the way I remember the show was we didn't actually see him jump, we just saw a view from the street of him crashing through the window and falling 

I thought the way that episode ended that it was supposed to be another mystery: did he commit suicide ? or did Sun's father send someone over to watch Jin and make sure he carried through, and then when Jin couldn't do it, the 2nd enforcer threw him out the window

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »
Yet another reason us as viewers should be careful taking what we see in the pop-ups word for word. i.e. what the pop-ups said about the sideflashes

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
I'm sure that's what they want you to think to avoid Paiks prosecution....;D