Author Topic: Is there a moral to this story (or are TPTB just bailing out)?  (Read 3431 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a moral to this story (or are TPTB just bailing out)?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
As for the numbers and the other small stuff I just don't really give a fig at this point because somewhere it worked and it worked because our interest was piqued and we asked questions, we discussed and our imaginations were tapped.  I think if you can walk away with that and let the small stuff from the show slide you might walk away happier.

Well said!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 05:23:53 AM »
As for the numbers and the other small stuff I just don't really give a fig at this point because somewhere it worked and it worked because our interest was piqued and we asked questions, we discussed and our imaginations were tapped.  I think if you can walk away with that and let the small stuff from the show slide you might walk away happier.

Well said!

Thank you.  It is has been a struggle to read through some of these threads with people so upset over how things have come about.  Including myself, with respect to the "lame" way the Black Rock made it to the island and knocked the statue down.  But I agree that Damon said some would like it and hate it kind of the black and white theory.  But truly in the end they engaged an worldwide audience to fanatical porportions.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
I don't agree with 90% of the complaints in this thread.  Especially since the complaints about the "moral" hinge of believing everything the MIB says.  Especially since just THIS EPISODE, Jacob pretty much explained the point of the list.  Most of the mysteries exist to serve to tell a mystery.  Some of the mysteries, like Walt (who btw IS special) had to be written out of the show for whatever reason.  The numbers, I consider easter eggs, and I think they've already explained those more than they should have.

Once again, the show isn't about the mysteries, it's about the characters.  People want to believe they just made stuff up as they went along, and that's fine.  I believe they had a basic plan from the beginning to the end that got more detailed as each season went on.  And sometimes they had to alter that plan, whether it was the writer's strike or an issue with an actor.  They've said plenty of times that they're only going to answer mysteries that are important to the characters.  If it's not organic to the story, then they're not going to focus attention on it.  And I think it's funny when they DO try to answer some of the mythology of the show, people bitch and moan about it.

It's especially pointless complaining without even seeing the finale yet.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 09:04:26 AM »
I don't agree with 90% of the complaints in this thread.  Especially since the complaints about the "moral" hinge of believing everything the MIB says.  Especially since just THIS EPISODE, Jacob pretty much explained the point of the list.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  And I think it's funny when they DO try to answer some of the mythology of the show, people bitch and moan about it.

It's especially pointless complaining without even seeing the finale yet.
LOL wow Maxor another frustrated person.  Well, I agree with you here and I have not liked some of the answers and had to move on.
Agreed Jacob did share what he needed and answered us all.
And the show is not over just yet

Offline LOSTNightmaregk13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
ok this may sound stupid but considering i haven't watched the episode yet im just asking something that has been going on for a while but i don't know the meaning of TPTB
i havent been around for a while as well though :P

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »
The Powers That Be

producers, writers, so on