Author Topic: Not just extra 30, but extra 50 minutes!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Not just extra 30, but extra 50 minutes!
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »
Just read somewhere, and you all may know this already, but in addition to the extra half hour we are getting in the series finale on Sunday, there will be an EXTRA 20 MINUTES on top of that.

The catch, you ask? It will only be on the DVD. Looks like we may get a few more answers when the DVD comes out.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Not just extra 30, but extra 50 minutes!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
Aw man, I just heard a giant sucking sound and I think its the sound of money wooshing out of my wallet and heading straight to Darlton.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »
As long as it is not the last 20 minutes of the show I am OK with this!! I don't want to wait for the last 20 minutes of the show until the DVD comes out....  ;)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
By the way, doesn't this give lie to the idea that "It only ends once"???

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:14:40 AM »
I felt a bit reassured after reading this comment in the Doc Artz blog about the news.

Zonker says:
This sounds like what Damon Lindelof described on one of the final podcasts as answering the question about the Dharma supply drops seen in Season 2. He said there was a possibility that question would be answered but not “within the show itself.” So this almost certainly will *not* be a sequel or a 2nd ending taking place after what we watch Sunday night. Heck, maybe its just Eloise Hawking and Pierre Chang talking for 20 minutes about the origins of Dharma and the Others. Exactly what I’d pay money to see and what Cuse & Lindelof have said would be deadly boring to 90% of their audience!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
Well, after watching the finale, my guess is the extra 20 mins. will be Desmond meeting Penny in the ATL. She was kinda of just in the church all of a sudden.

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »
By the way, doesn't this give lie to the idea that "It only ends once"???

And was exactly is "it"? I think "it" is the end of the Jacob-MIB saga and ultimately Jack's death. Just as there was life before they existed, there will be life after they ceased to exist.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:30:23 PM »
I can't think of what they could add that would satisfy me more with the finale unless they actually redid the ending the way I suggested in other threads.  And the more I think about how worthless Sawyer was in the finale, the madder I get.  They may as well have just killed him off in the sub since he had no island "moment" like all of the other characters did.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
I can't think of what they could add that would satisfy me more with the finale unless they actually redid the ending the way I suggested in other threads.  And the more I think about how worthless Sawyer was in the finale, the madder I get.  They may as well have just killed him off in the sub since he had no island "moment" like all of the other characters did.

He got to beat up Ben 1 last time. That guy took more beatings than a red headed step child.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
ADDITIONAL AIR TIME ON DVD and BLUERAY
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »
I read on Docarzt that there will be an additional 20min. of the finale on the DVD and BLUERAY.
Part of the time will be with Hurley and Ben as #1 and #2 on the island after Jack's death.
This would be a perfect platform for a mini TV move to answer all the major unanswered questions on the show.
Ben would be teaching Hurley all about the island and it's mystery and history. Ben has a lot of knowledge about the island that he got from being saved by Richard at the temple.
They could use the famous "FLASHBACK" using the film footage from the show.
This would be great to see and maybe it wll satisfy most of the fans that felt they were let down by the finale.
I love this show and I guess I'm like Jack..........I can't let go!

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: ADDITIONAL AIR TIME ON DVD and BLUERAY
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
I've heard about the additional time, but hadn't heard any rumors as to what would be covered.  This would be pretty cool.  I still hope Damon and Carlton just do some sort of brain dump via an interview or fan conference to answer a lot of the questions that don't need story behind them to be answered.  For example, just tell us who was shooting at the gang in the outrigger as they were bouncing around in time.  I don't need some contrived story at this point... I just want to know.

PS  Let it be known that I thought the finale was perfect... I didn't need to see the answers in context with the show, I'm just curious as to what they were thinking.  It's something similar to what JK Rowling did after she released the last Harry Potter book.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
I still hope Damon and Carlton just do some sort of brain dump via an interview or fan conference to answer a lot of the questions that don't need story behind them to be answered. 
My guess, Damon and Carlton took a red eye flight the day before the finale aired to some third world country where they don't have televisions and no one's heard of Lost.  Given the reaction of some fans, which I'm sure they could anticipate, this would have been a necessary to ensure their own safety :) 

Seriously, I know they've declared radio silence, but I hope it ends after a few months like it has before, instead of being permanent.  To be honest though, any answers they give after the fact and outside of the show itself I would probably find unsatisfying (though I am perfectly fine with the show and how it ended and the mysteries it left unanswered etc.)  In any case, that would be awesome if they did like a two hour movie "Lost: The Hurley Years" with Ben, Hurley and maybe some new castaways or other people Hurley brought to the island. 

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
I still hope Damon and Carlton just do some sort of brain dump via an interview or fan conference to answer a lot of the questions that don't need story behind them to be answered. 
My guess, Damon and Carlton took a red eye flight the day before the finale aired to some third world country where they don't have televisions and no one's heard of Lost.  Given the reaction of some fans, which I'm sure they could anticipate, this would have been a necessary to ensure their own safety :) 

Seriously, I know they've declared radio silence, but I hope it ends after a few months like it has before, instead of being permanent.  To be honest though, any answers they give after the fact and outside of the show itself I would probably find unsatisfying (though I am perfectly fine with the show and how it ended and the mysteries it left unanswered etc.)  In any case, that would be awesome if they did like a two hour movie "Lost: The Hurley Years" with Ben, Hurley and maybe some new castaways or other people Hurley brought to the island. 
I want to move this to another post, but I think some discussion on what that would look like based on what we know about Hurley and Ben would be very interesting.  If you look at the character Hurley, he is a very social being yet nearly everyone on the island is dead thanks to MiB.  Certainly he gathers (in whatever way he can) everyone together to start a new commune, but what then?  Is he the type of guy that would "summon" people to the island to look for a replacement?  If he does bring people to the island, what kind of people would he look for? (Jacob looked for flawed individuals that needed the island as much as it needed them... sounds like a good construct, but would that fit Hurley's personality?)  Et cetera.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
I'd like the added time to something "the Office"-like, when something happens we arent sure of, they look at the camera and explain it...then continue on with the scene....

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
I read on Docarzt that there will be an additional 20min. of the finale on the DVD and BLUERAY.
Part of the time will be with Hurley and Ben as #1 and #2 on the island after Jack's death.

E! confirms this: (And some Walt explanation too)
http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b183100_lost_epilogue_with_hurley_ben_revealed.html

From the article:
One more reason to love Michael Emerson: He just spilled the goods on an amazing surprise for any Lost fan planning to buy the final DVD collection of all six sdeasons. (And trust me, now there is very good reason.)

There will be more Lost. There is more to the story, and we will get to see it! Praise Jacob! Or should we say...Hurley?!

"For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature," Michael just told our Kevin Pereira of Attack of the Show!, which airs tonight at 7 on E!'s brother network G4. "Which is um, you could call it an epilogue. A lost scene. It's a lot; it's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley (Jorge Garcia) becoming number one and the end of the series."

Michael says this extra footage is not the premise for a spinoff. "It's self-contained. Although, it's a rich period in the show's mythology that ‘s never been explored, so who knows what will come of it."

That said, as I reported earlier, we'll find out what happens to Walt on the DVD as well. And so for the last time ever (sniff!), I think I get to say, Lost spoiler alert! Whatcha wanna bet that during Hurley and Ben's adventures on the island, they run into Walt a few years into the future, when he's oh, 18 and looking just as Malcolm David Kelley looks now?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:06:01 PM by NoraCharles »