Author Topic: What was with the crash scene at the end?  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What was with the crash scene at the end?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
Jack died happy thinking they were saved but only Hurley and Ben were really left, #1 and #2. 

And Rose and Bernard.  Don't forget them.  And Vincent.  Maybe they can be the new "Others" -- they've already got the ratty clothes and beard and all. 

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
Jack died happy thinking they were saved but only Hurley and Ben were really left, #1 and #2. 

And Rose and Bernard.  Don't forget them.  And Vincent.  Maybe they can be the new "Others" -- they've already got the ratty clothes and beard and all. 
lol that is a great idea!

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »
The plane wreckage shots were shown as the credits rolled (and after "LOST", as was pointed out).

Lots of series finales end with a shot of an empty set for sentimental reasons.  I took it as that, and not a part of the actual storyline.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
The plane wreckage shots were shown as the credits rolled (and after "LOST", as was pointed out).

Lots of series finales end with a shot of an empty set for sentimental reasons.  I took it as that, and not a part of the actual storyline.

Exactly, if it was supposed to be an OMG there would have been some dramatic music. There was also 1 other thing missing....THERE WERE NO BODIES.

It's exactly like RM and alot of others have said, just an empty set to roll the credits on.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »

Exactly, if it was supposed to be an OMG there would have been some dramatic music. There was also 1 other thing missing....THERE WERE NO BODIES.

It's exactly like RM and alot of others have said, just an empty set to roll the credits on.

Yes, I liked it. Now in addition to a old slaving ship, a 4 toed statue, hatches, and some cabins and swingsets there are remnents of a plane crash. The next group of survivors will have one more mystery to solve than our Losties did!!

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »

This was my first thought when I saw it so I will stick with that.  Good point that it was after the "LOST", I didn't think about that, but that makes me feel better about the fact that it didn't have any hidden meaning for the show.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 07:18:07 PM »
If it's not a tribute to the beginning, it's the wreckage of the next plane to crash on the island (you know the plane that brought whoever Hurley chose to succeed him!)

SPINOFF!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »
I think that was just a fond farewell to the wreck that started the whole thing...but I could be wrong.

It came after the "Lost" boom!  So I didn't consider it as part of the story other than a homage to the show in general...

Yeah it wasn't even really a SCENE. More of two stills. A homage to a show that started out with a plane crash on an island turned into this epic event that became bigger than anyone could have possibly imagined.

Yeah, don't read too much into that I think. Lost started with that set, so it was just a little nod to all the fans to remind us how far we've come and give us a moment of quiet reflection of what we've seen.

There are 3 still shots.

I choose to believe that it is a tribute to what launched it all.

If you look closely though, the second still seems to have foot prints in the sand, while the third still seems to have a little hut assembled from wreckage.

I don't think that it's proof of everyone dying a fiery death in the original crash.

REMEMBER THAT CHRISTIAN SAID: "Everyone dies, kiddo. Some before you, some long after"

All of this *nod*...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »
Thank you all for the reassuring posts.  I don't have to lie awake at night now and wonder what it meant!   ;D

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
Thank you all for the reassuring posts.  I don't have to lie awake at night now and wonder what it meant!   ;D

So I am not the only one!! After the finale, I kept waking up all night with random thoughts about the finale.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »

So I am not the only one!! After the finale, I kept waking up all night with random thoughts about the finale.

Ah, me too!!! Had at least a couple puzzled walks to the bathroom to fill up my water cup, thinking about the church and the light.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
Just an FYI: My local ABC news ran a story this morning saying TPTB say the end was nothing more than just wreckage from 815, no big deal at all.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
Just an FYI: My local ABC news ran a story this morning saying TPTB say the end was nothing more than just wreckage from 815, no big deal at all.
This is true. It was added by abc and they had the waves crashing to make the whole scenerio pleasent. They thought this was needed after the emotional 2.5 hours show. Darlton had nothing to do with this being aired.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »
This is true. It was added by abc and they had the waves crashing to make the whole scenerio pleasent. They thought this was needed after the emotional 2.5 hours show. Darlton had nothing to do with this being aired.

Funny since this footage was the thing that bothered me the most about the whole episode.  Even now that I know it wasn't part of the show it still bothers me, and I wish it hadn't been there.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »

Yeah, I read something on DocArzt that said ABC announced that it was just an "empty set scenario" to allow viewers to decompress before they were thrown into the evening news.  I didn't know Darlton had nothing to do with it being aired, though.  That seems weird.  The very final thing of their series and they had nothing to do with it?  Strange.  I guess normally the "credits roll" is accompanied by either "next week on LOST" which obviously would be a no, or sometimes it's "coming up next on ABC"... so maybe the writers really don't have any input in that part.  I would think they should've had in this situation, though....