Author Topic: Kate is a "mom"?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline beaner66

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Kate is a "mom"?
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:53:23 AM »
Jacob said that Kate's name was crossed out because she became a "mom".  Are they referring to Aaron....or...could this be some weird connection to the storyline a few seasons back where Kate made some kind of agreement, a deal, and slept with both Jack and Sawyer?  Two babies, light and dark?  This is way out there, but it's bugging me.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Kate is a "mom"?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:37 AM »
If you adopt a kid, you are a parent. I wouldn't read any more into it than that. Cool theory, though.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
It's because she is a mom in the Alt timeline.

I really don't think she is, just wanted to go on record in case she is. I haven't had a "told you so" moment ion a long time.

Offline saltwater

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:41:53 AM »
I think it was because of Aaron, I remember how suprised Flocke looked when she walked out of the temple in "Sundown" as if he was very suprised to see her, I think both MIB and Jacob thought Kate was gone for good after she took off with Aaron and thats why her name got got crossed off.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »
It's because she is a mom in the Alt timeline.

I really don't think she is, just wanted to go on record in case she is. I haven't had a "told you so" moment ion a long time.

Hey, you can't bet for and against and then claim an 'I told you so' moment later!   ;)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
I think it was because of Aaron, I remember how suprised Flocke looked when she walked out of the temple in "Sundown" as if he was very suprised to see her, I think both MIB and Jacob thought Kate was gone for good after she took off with Aaron and thats why her name got got crossed off.

Yeah I think it is referring to Aaron.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »
Jacob said that Kate's name was crossed out because she became a "mom".  Are they referring to Aaron....or...could this be some weird connection to the storyline a few seasons back where Kate made some kind of agreement, a deal, and slept with both Jack and Sawyer?  Two babies, light and dark?  This is way out there, but it's bugging me.

I agree with Casey, cool theory, if there was going to be a season 7.  There are so many ways they could have taken this story to keep it interesting, but I'm kinda glad they decided to end it before jumping any Dharma sharks!  Imagine if we were still here five years from now asking for answers!  We'd all be checking ourselves into Santa Rosa!

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
I wonder if the child is Jack's mullet kid, and that's the reason Jack volunteered to stay--so Kate could return to caring for their child?  Why let his son grow up missing two parents when he could at least keep his mother?  Also, Jack loves Kate enough to sacrifice it all for her, in my opinion.

cheers!
*Des8

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
Doubt that Jack would be on flight 815 with his ex wife a fugitive and then later (at the hospital) tell David his Mom was coming to pick him up.......

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
You were just reminded in the scene with Miles that they have all been back through time, left the Island, etc....  I believe that's why Miles had that line to Ben, "I lived in these houses 30 years before you did, which was really last week, or something like that."  (paraphrase)

This line was said to make sure the viewer remembers what we were being shown was no flash forward--all of our Losties have gone through the trials they did to RETURN to the Island with Locke in the coffin.  Do not mistake any of this for a flash sideways.

cheers
*Des8

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Des8 forgot you were in UK wow I am here where are you

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
If you adopt a kid, you are a parent. I wouldn't read any more into it than that. Cool theory, though.
Yeah this is an open and shut case here...