Author Topic: O'Quinn and Emerson  (Read 1138 times)

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
O'Quinn and Emerson
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
I need to say on record that Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson really blew me away this episode. Locke in sideways vs Flocke is something to see. And noble Ben is soooo far from dead inside Ben. Kudos.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: O'Quinn and Emerson
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »
They are a great pair of actors. Two of my favorites on the show for sure. Ben said in a recent interview that he and Terry may team up again to do a different show together.

Offline saltwater

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
I think they are both amazing actors, I was watching Terry as Flocke earlier and thinking how much different he is to the sideways Locke and the Locke of the first few seasons. Its a testament to his acting skills..

And Emmerson has been amazing in Lost, I am so glad they decided to keep him on and expand his character. His speech to Illana in Dr. Linus was one of the best moments in the whole show..breathtaking.

I wonder what they both do next, It would be cool to see them team up again ..

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
They have been outstanding the whole series. I remember when Ben joined the show and stole every scene he was in.

I felt O'Quinn was awesome in the last scene with Jack two weeks ago.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
yeah, the acting by both of them in this episode...beyond words. Just brilliance. I'll steal a line from A Clockwork Orange:
"Oh bliss. Bliss and heaven. It was gorgeousness and gorgeousity."

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
Ruth and Gehrig, Magic and Kareem, Laurel and Hardy, O'Quinn and Emerson. 

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 12:14:32 AM »
I don't know which one of them deserves the Supporting Actor Emmy more this year.  How fitting would it be if they could share it?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
There have been very few actors that make me want to see a show or movie just because their name is attached, even before I know much about the project.  Nicholson has always been one of my favorites and DeNiro.  Anthony Hopkins and Robert Duvall also.  I've always liked Clint Eastwood too, I know his range isn't too wide but I think that what he does, he does well.

Now put O'Quinn and Emerson on my list.  I'll check out everything they do for years to come and somehow I don't think I'll be disappointed!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:46:20 AM »
There have been very few actors that make me want to see a show or movie just because their name is attached, even before I know much about the project.  Nicholson has always been one of my favorites and DeNiro.  Anthony Hopkins and Robert Duvall also.  I've always liked Clint Eastwood too, I know his range isn't too wide but I think that what he does, he does well.

Now put O'Quinn and Emerson on my list.  I'll check out everything they do for years to come and somehow I don't think I'll be disappointed!

Yeah I'm hoping that story of them working another show together pans out. Maybe a buddy cop show. Where one of them has a split personality.     :o On it.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 10:49:32 AM »
Yes, them working together on a show would make the fact that Lost is ending a little less painful....

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »
How about the new Odd Couple?  I think someone here even had the whole introduction written out already!  Ben would make a great Felix, have you seen his closet?!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
How about the new Odd Couple?  I think someone here even had the whole introduction written out already!  Ben would make a great Felix, have you seen his closet?!

His secret closet, or his secreter closet?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »

His secret closet, or his secreter closet?

Love that Miles.