Author Topic: Ashes to Jacob?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Ashes to Jacob?
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
Didn't see any talk on the subject yet. Are we to take this at face value that boy Jacob dumped the ashes into the fire and became a real man, or did something else take place?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Ashes to Jacob?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »
oh yeah maybe.  I want to know why boy Jacob kept appearing to MIB.  Why didn't he just appear as adult Jacob that whole time?  And what was the significance of boy Jacob appearing to Hurley in this episode when he had previously appeared as adult Jacob anyway?  Why suddenly switch to kid?

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
Maybe because Alana grabbed the ashes and they didn't burn completely, Jacob could still appear like he did to Hurley, MIB and others.

When Jacob asked Hurley for the ashes, he was saying, "It's time, I've done all I can, it's up to one of you, let's do this." He finished burning the ashes and will disappear when the fire is out (after he's inducted the new guy).

Perhaps Jacob appeared as a kid for the same kinds of reasons Flocke said he prefers to walk instead of smoke everywhere.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:34:22 AM »
there is no reason for him appearing as a kid sometimes and as an adult at other times

its just something the writers did because it looked interesting

so much of this show appears to have some deeper meaning but, no
no meaning at all for 99% of the stuff that happens

sad, but true

its still an interesting show, but its far from being this intricately woven thread I once thought it was going to be

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »
The only person to see adult Jacob was Hurly, so that makes him a G..G..G Ghost! Boy Jacob was seen by Sawyer and Hurly. Since we know Sawyer couldn't see dead people and boy Jacob could hold solid objects like a sack of ashes that makes him not a ghost.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »
ghost Jacob was able to build a fire
so he had to be able to touch wood and ?matches?
he was also able to arrange stones in a circle around the fire

boy Jacob has no meaning

Offline saltwater

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
I cant see no reason at all, Why didnt adult Jacob just ask hurley to give him the ashes, get the others and meet him at the fire..

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 11:01:31 AM »
Boy Jacob can interact with objects and other people besides Hurley.

Ghost Jacob cannot interact with objects and can only appear to Hurley.

Why You ask?   Because the metaphysical make-up of a ghost consists of negatively charged antimatter. That makes them unable to interact with objects. Some people have the ability to see negatively charged antimatter and therefore the being can appear to them, and only them. This characteristic of ghosts allows them to pass through existance in a way that appears they appear and disappear, but it is really just them passing through the thin fabric of spacetime. As for Boy Jacob, he is a reincarnated spirit. He CAN interact with objects because his metaphysical make-up is largely comprised of Gindlerods. Gindlerods are a very rare mutant strain of atoms that allow someone to have the abilities of Ghosts, and still be able to interact with objects.

So Gindlerod-Composed Jacob is working along side his Ghost counterpart. Gindlerod Jacob built the fire while Ghost Jacob watched. Once the fire was burning, Gindlerod Jacob went to Hurley and got the ashes, then brought them back to the fire and threw them in. Once the ashes were thrown in, which by the way were the positively charged counterpart to the matter in Ghost Jacob, Jacob was able to be seen by all. Thus the Gindlerod Jacob and the Ghost Jacob Fused and became the Daywalker!

Are these the kind of answers we are looking for with Lost? Long, complicated, drawn out, nonsense ramblings of the motives behind the writers' vision? I certainly hope not, because a show like this would suck. I am so happy the writers don't sit the characters in front of us and explain why Boy Jacob is there sometimes, and Adult Jacob is there sometimes. I am not a child. One can interact with objects, and one can't. That's all that is really important.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »

Why You ask?   Because the metaphysical make-up of a ghost consists of negatively charged antimatter. That makes them unable to interact with objects. Some people have the ability to see negatively charged antimatter and therefore the being can appear to them, and only them. This characteristic of ghosts allows them to pass through existance in a way that appears they appear and disappear, but it is really just them passing through the thin fabric of spacetime. As for Boy Jacob, he is a reincarnated spirit. He CAN interact with objects because his metaphysical make-up is largely comprised of Gindlerods. Gindlerods are a very rare mutant strain of atoms that allow someone to have the abilities of Ghosts, and still be able to interact with objects.

So Gindlerod-Composed Jacob is working along side his Ghost counterpart. Gindlerod Jacob built the fire while Ghost Jacob watched. Once the fire was burning, Gindlerod Jacob went to Hurley and got the ashes, then brought them back to the fire and threw them in. Once the ashes were thrown in, which by the way were the positively charged counterpart to the matter in Ghost Jacob, Jacob was able to be seen by all. Thus the Gindlerod Jacob and the Ghost Jacob Fused and became the Daywalker!

Are these the kind of answers we are looking for with Lost? Long, complicated, drawn out, nonsense ramblings of the motives behind the writers' vision? I certainly hope not, because a show like this would suck. I am so happy the writers don't sit the characters in front of us and explain why Boy Jacob is there sometimes, and Adult Jacob is there sometimes. I am not a child. One can interact with objects, and one can't. That's all that is really important.

Thank you! Finally, a voice of reason. Lost is not a mainstream show where the answers are easy to grasp. The viewer has to add their own interpertation much like one has to do in order to understand a classic novel.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »

Thank you! Finally, a voice of reason. Lost is not a mainstream show where the answers are easy to grasp. The viewer has to add their own interpertation much like one has to do in order to understand a classic novel.

Thanks. I feel like I am banging my head against a wall sometimes. Whats great about this show is what is great about a good book. The only person to whom you should direct the question of, "Why?" is yourself.

I should put that on a t-shirt.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:03:23 PM by I_Am_Jacob »

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:36:38 PM »

Why You ask?   Because the metaphysical make-up of a ghost consists of negatively charged antimatter. That makes them unable to interact with objects. Some people have the ability to see negatively charged antimatter and therefore the being can appear to them, and only them. This characteristic of ghosts allows them to pass through existance in a way that appears they appear and disappear, but it is really just them passing through the thin fabric of spacetime. As for Boy Jacob, he is a reincarnated spirit. He CAN interact with objects because his metaphysical make-up is largely comprised of Gindlerods. Gindlerods are a very rare mutant strain of atoms that allow someone to have the abilities of Ghosts, and still be able to interact with objects.

I actually like this explanation. I know you're just kidding, and I am being serious about it, but yes, the long drawn out answers would be nice, if they made sense like what you wrote. I was actually about to ask you if you were one of those "Ghost Hunters" from that ridiculously lame show, because everything you said made about as much sense as the non-sense that spews out of their stupid faces. LOL Good Work.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »

Why You ask?   Because the metaphysical make-up of a ghost consists of negatively charged antimatter. That makes them unable to interact with objects. Some people have the ability to see negatively charged antimatter and therefore the being can appear to them, and only them. This characteristic of ghosts allows them to pass through existance in a way that appears they appear and disappear, but it is really just them passing through the thin fabric of spacetime. As for Boy Jacob, he is a reincarnated spirit. He CAN interact with objects because his metaphysical make-up is largely comprised of Gindlerods. Gindlerods are a very rare mutant strain of atoms that allow someone to have the abilities of Ghosts, and still be able to interact with objects.

I actually like this explanation. I know you're just kidding, and I am being serious about it, but yes, the long drawn out answers would be nice, if they made sense like what you wrote. I was actually about to ask you if you were one of those "Ghost Hunters" from that ridiculously lame show, because everything you said made about as much sense as the non-sense that spews out of their stupid faces. LOL Good Work.

Yeah I watched Ghost Hunters for a couple seasons. Then I saw the "LIVE" episode where something tugged on the guy's hood and it lost me. Of course after watching it again it was clear that the "Something" was the button operated pully system inside his jacket.