Author Topic: What equipment was in Widmore's outrigger?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
What equipment was in Widmore's outrigger?
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
A minor point, I'm sure, but I couldn't quite tell. 

It looked like a monitor and some other metal suitcases, maybe?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What equipment was in Widmore's outrigger?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »
I noticed that too. ;) Without any of Team Widmore left maybe our Losties will find something useful there. Widmore's mission seems to be over now that Desmond has been delivered. It was frustrating that Widmore got interrupted just when Ben asked him what his special purpose was.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:29 AM »
Probably beer and clean underwear.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
Probably beer and clean underwear.

McCutcheon's!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:43:56 AM »
I noticed that too. ;) Without any of Team Widmore left maybe our Losties will find something useful there. Widmore's mission seems to be over now that Desmond has been delivered. It was frustrating that Widmore got interrupted just when Ben asked him what his special purpose was.

Yeah Maybe there is some sort of fun equipment in there that they can use to eliminate MiB. Maybe some of those handy sonic fences.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 12:27:32 PM »

Yeah Maybe there is some sort of fun equipment in there that they can use to eliminate MiB. Maybe some of those handy sonic fences.

They are going to need to keep MIB on the island until it is sunken in order to defeat him.  The sonic fences may be able to contain him until then (I thought it was going to be Jacob's ashes, oh well!).

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 12:36:02 PM »

They are going to need to keep MIB on the island until it is sunken in order to defeat him.  The sonic fences may be able to contain him until then (I thought it was going to be Jacob's ashes, oh well!).

Yeah I thought Jacob's ashes were going to make him vulnerable

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:29:57 PM »
It was DJ equiptment. They were going to throw a party and not invite Locke, and hurt his feelings really, really bad. It's genius when you think about it, because Physical wounds heal, but mental scars are forever.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »
It was DJ equiptment. They were going to throw a party and not invite Locke, and hurt his feelings really, really bad. It's genius when you think about it, because Physical wounds heal, but mental scars are forever.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In my head I see MiB standing outside the sonic fences listening to Wild Wild West by Will Smith from a distance. Tiki torches and colorful paper lights decorate the trees obstructing his view.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:56:50 PM »

In my head I see MiB standing outside the sonic fences listening to Wild Wild West by Will Smith from a distance. Tiki torches and colorful paper lights decorate the trees obstructing his view.

Jack standing inside the fences:  Sorry, you can't come in, you're not welcome.

Flocke:  Don't tell me what I can't do! 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
 :D

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 04:28:56 PM »

Jack standing inside the fences:  Sorry, you can't come in, you're not welcome.

Flocke:  Don't tell me what I can't do! 

INDEED!!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »

I loved how the ashes were not what we all thought they would be--great twist !

Yeah I thought Jacob's ashes were going to make him vulnerable

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »
I thought it was really weird that Flocke didn't give the equipment anything more than a passing glance.  Seems like he would've at least peeked -- it shouldn't have slowed him down that much.  I mean, I get it that he's kinda "all-knowing" and stuff, but he did seek out Widmore to find out what he was up to.  Wouldn't you think that knowing what kind of equipment he'd brought would've helped give a clue as well, just in case he didn't find Widmore, or in case Ben killed him first?

So Widmore had told Zoe to toss the equipment and sink the outrigger, right?  (Presumably to "hide" from Flocke the fact that they were there?)  So apparently Widmore thought he didn't desperately need that equipment for his end-game, right?  Maybe it is just McCutcheon's...

Might be something useful for our Losties still, though;  that would be nice because I'm thinking they'll need all the help they can get.  It doesn't seem like Flocke to leave a stone unturned, though -- odd that he'd leave it available if it would be remotely useful.

Offline saltwater

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 11:02:57 AM »

It will end with Jack feeling sorry for Smokie and with with "Smoke gets in your eyes" playing in the background they will release the dry ice to confuse smokie, he will instantly fall in love with it, move to Hydra Island to raise some little smokies and live happily ever after,

Genuis