Author Topic: What question would you like or (would have liked to be) answered ?  (Read 9271 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What question would you like or (would have liked to be) answered ?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 03:55:17 AM »
How the hell did Ben get all those resources he used? You wanted to believe that it was due to his connection to the higher-ups in Dharma, but we know that's not the case anymore. And the Others didn't seem to have any resources whatsoever...they even used Dharma's compound and stations. But on their own? On their own they lived in huts. Yet here is Ben with a gazillion fake passports and contacts and resources like crazy in the outside world, and in all sorts of countries. It can't be Widmore who provided them to Ben lol...so how DID Ben get all those resources at his disposal?

The Others were doing alright in their huts before Ben moved them into the Dharmaville. The Others still had the sub to go off-Island, like when Richard recruited Juliet. As for Ben getting all that money and resources...maybe he's just lucky with the horses. ;)

Another question I'd want answered: how in the heck did the Others get a sub?? lol

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »
How the hell did Ben get all those resources he used? You wanted to believe that it was due to his connection to the higher-ups in Dharma, but we know that's not the case anymore. And the Others didn't seem to have any resources whatsoever...they even used Dharma's compound and stations. But on their own? On their own they lived in huts. Yet here is Ben with a gazillion fake passports and contacts and resources like crazy in the outside world, and in all sorts of countries. It can't be Widmore who provided them to Ben lol...so how DID Ben get all those resources at his disposal?

The Others were doing alright in their huts before Ben moved them into the Dharmaville. The Others still had the sub to go off-Island, like when Richard recruited Juliet. As for Ben getting all that money and resources...maybe he's just lucky with the horses. ;)

The Others took the sub from Dharma after the purge

Another question I'd want answered: how in the heck did the Others get a sub?? lol

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
What was the relation of Ellie and the Monk?  Feeling he was a bit player to get Penny and Desmond to meet.
Besides the DI with the subs and such just how did they all the supplies there?  I mean there were homes with all kinds of furniture etc.
And that Ben's bungalo had the hidden wall, so was that for the DI person which leads me to believe that DI had been involved with Widmore, but now I am thinking Ellie is the final character that will come to play.  she knew about desmond too
Also did the entering 108 bring out Losties there? And what I mean is by entering those numbers for all of those years were purposely for them to be there?  Of course the answer is yes ::) ;D

Wait I had the answers all along

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
Who was the real Henry Gale?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
I don't think they're trying to be arrogant, I just think that some viewers want EVERYTHING to be part of the mythology/mystery and Cuse/Lindelof didn't necessarily intend for everything to be interpreted as it was. 

Yeah, I mean the whole show wasn't written out back in 2004. They have had a general idea moving forward, but the show has evolved fairly organically. I mean they had to deal with "real life" issues like Walt having a growth spurt, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanting off the show, Michelle Rodriguez getting booted, Michael Emerson being such a HUGE hit, etc. etc.

There's really 2 styles of movie making, the Alfred Hitchcock way where you have every shot and every gesture clearly scripted before you even build the sets, and then there's the kind where you just roll the cameras and let the chips fall where they may. When you make a show like Lost, some new ideas are going to come forward and some old ones are going to fall back.

Is LOST perfect? No, but it is the best I've ever seen.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
Oh I am now having a thought here and we had the wacky theory thread and we have wanted answers to so many things so I was wondering.
How do they tell Jin and Sun's daughter her parents are dead?
How is Aaron doing? 
Does Walt feel the force and know there is trouble on the island and he and Ellie come and rescue them all?
Will all the spirits be freed from the island once all is resolved
Are the feds looking for Kate again since she obviously left her probation area

Seriously...
Where is Penny and how does she do in the end?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »

The Others took the sub from Dharma after the purge

Didn't Widmore get banished from the island and leave on a sub? I could be remembering it wrong, though...but if so, that would have been before the purge.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
he did get banished and put on the sub, the only way they would get them out of there.  Funny someone once thought it was a time machine roflmao.
It had to be after the purge because Ben would not have been able to "command" DI folks to let him go, in my opinion

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
I don't think they're trying to be arrogant, I just think that some viewers want EVERYTHING to be part of the mythology/mystery and Cuse/Lindelof didn't necessarily intend for everything to be interpreted as it was. 

Yeah, I mean the whole show wasn't written out back in 2004. They have had a general idea moving forward, but the show has evolved fairly organically. I mean they had to deal with "real life" issues like Walt having a growth spurt, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanting off the show, Michelle Rodriguez getting booted, Michael Emerson being such a HUGE hit, etc. etc.

There's really 2 styles of movie making, the Alfred Hitchcock way where you have every shot and every gesture clearly scripted before you even build the sets, and then there's the kind where you just roll the cameras and let the chips fall where they may. When you make a show like Lost, some new ideas are going to come forward and some old ones are going to fall back.

But Lindelof didn't say any of what you're saying.

He didn't say the show was "organic" and changed as it went along. He said that the only reasons fans want to believe Aaron was "special" was because the psychic said so...and since the psychic said in a later season that he was a fraud we should have just dropped the idea that Aaron was important. Then he went on to make fun of the idea that fans have of Aaron being "special" by making the "lasers shooting from his eyes" comment...

Nowhere in his response did Lindelof even slightly acknowledge that he understood why fans still believed Aaron was important. Nowhere in his response did he acknowledge that the show leaned strongly towards making the audience believe Aaron was important. He just acted like he was tired of hearing about Aaron and somewhat incredulous that viewers still thought he was. THAT'S what makes it arrogant, not the fact that every question won't be answered.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
he did get banished and put on the sub, the only way they would get them out of there.  Funny someone once thought it was a time machine roflmao.
It had to be after the purge because Ben would not have been able to "command" DI folks to let him go, in my opinion

Since Widmore got banished from the island for having a child with an outsider/someone from the mainland, I assumed that child was Penny...and I assumed that Ben and the Others found out about Penny relatively soon after her birth. So unless Penny was something like 19 when flight 815 crashed or unless the Others didn't find out about her until she was graduating high school, it would seem that they banished Widmore before the purge occurred. But, eh, maybe not lol. But how did Widmore get to leave the island to HAVE a child with an outsider before the Others had the sub?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
he turned the wheel ended up in Tunisia and went from there.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

But Lindelof didn't say any of what you're saying.

He didn't say the show was "organic" and changed as it went along. He said that the only reasons fans want to believe Aaron was "special" was because the psychic said so...and since the psychic said in a later season that he was a fraud we should have just dropped the idea that Aaron was important. Then he went on to make fun of the idea that fans have of Aaron being "special" by making the "lasers shooting from his eyes" comment...

Nowhere in his response did Lindelof even slightly acknowledge that he understood why fans still believed Aaron was important. Nowhere in his response did he acknowledge that the show leaned strongly towards making the audience believe Aaron was important. He just acted like he was tired of hearing about Aaron and somewhat incredulous that viewers still thought he was. THAT'S what makes it arrogant, not the fact that every question won't be answered.

It's funny you say that, because I pretty much stole my response from Damon Lindeloff. I'm not sure if it was one of their recent podcasts or interviews or what, but thats what he said.

I'm paraphrasing here, but Damon basically said, when you make films, you actually make 3...the one you write, the one you shoot, and the one you edit. That was the cool thing about Lost is that they would write a scene and send it to Hawaii, and then they would see the performance and where the actor took the scene, and it might spark new ideas. The show evolved very organically. The huge example of that that we all know is Michael Emerson was only supposed to be in a 3 episode guest spot, and I think we are all happy that that wasn't set in stone.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »
Who the hell is Ben Sledge really?  Can we canonize him? What is a mod?  What are their real powers?  Can they grant absolution?  How does JB and Cowboy have so many posts?  What's a ute? (sorry... wrong show / movie.)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
oh he is real and his powers well ....

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 01:37:27 AM »
Who was the real Henry Gale?
now you're talking...