Author Topic: Hurley, MIB can see dead people, but not Jacob or Jack--why?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Just throwing this question out there...it occurred to me that only Hurley and MIB can see dead people who are not an apparition of Smokey....  Not even Miles can see dead people.  Will Hurley be the new Smokey? 

Where's Bruce Willis when we need him?

cheers
*Des8

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley, MIB can see dead people, but not Jacob or Jack--why?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
 Jacob only showed himself to Hurley because Hurley was used to seeing dead people. Then when Jacob thought it neccessary he allowed Kate, Sawyer and Jack to be able to see him. Sawyer did see little Jacob and the black horse (Kate saw the horse too).

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »
Jacob only showed himself to Hurley because Hurley was used to seeing dead people. Then when Jacob thought it neccessary he allowed Kate, Sawyer and Jack to be able to see him. Sawyer did see little Jacob and the black horse (Kate saw the horse too).
I'm sorry, but that doesn't work for me.  With the fate of so many others, Jacob didn't think it was necessary to reveal himself?  Nah...

As for the black horse, that was right up there with DrDrunk, Ben's mom,etc...a smokey apparition, I believe.

There is a reason WHY Jacob and MIB's mom said to MIB, "Jacob can't see me because I'm dead."  I just wonder why?

thanks for that, tho, cheers!
*Des8

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »

I thought Jacob was visible to anybody because he put his own ashed in the fire and he would disappear again when the
fire would go out. That's why young Jacob needed the ashes. So that Jacob would have the time to take Jack to drink the water.