Author Topic: As a father, I'm a little offended!  (Read 5332 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: As a father, I'm a little offended!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »
Soooo, Kate was crossed off because she became a mother.  The job was still hers if she wanted but Jacob thought being a mother made her a bad choice because she wouldn't be able to commit fully to the island over her child.  That brings us back to Kwon.  Using Jacob's reasoning, that means Sun wouldn't have been his candidate after all.  And since time was obviously a factor here, and Ji Yeon wouldn't be suitable as a replacement for quite some time, that leaves Jin as the only possible Kwon candidate.  So Jacob doesn't think being a father is as important as being a mother?  He didn't have a father around and look what a mess he ended up making of his life, not to mention his brother's!

I think maybe the writers are the ones with the mommy and daddy issues, not just the characters!  As a proud father, I say we should band together and boycott this show.  Starting next week, I refuse to watch this insulting show any more!  (Uh, for the record, I consider Sunday to be the end of THIS week....)
 ;) ;D
But when Jacob picked them Kate wasnt a mother and the Kwons weren't pregnant, that all happened on the island...so they made those choices that negated them as candidates...I think...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 06:34:38 AM »
Jacob was human he made mistakes and to bad someone took offense

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 09:46:04 AM »

The whole point of the thread was supposed to be sarcastic, I don't ACTUALLY get offended by plotlines on TV shows!  I hate it when sarcasm gets lost in translation!  ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »

The whole point of the thread was supposed to be sarcastic, I don't ACTUALLY get offended by plotlines on TV shows!  I hate it when sarcasm gets lost in translation!  ;)
we  you failed to use the sarcasm thingamabobs

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »

But there isn't any dedicated 'sarcasm' thingamabob!  So I used the winky guy and the big smiley guy.   ;) ;D  That was the best I could do.  I suppose I could have thrown in a tongue and an eye roll also.   :P ::) 
With today's technology, you'd think the people in charge of this forum would have more options for us!  >:(

cue sarcasm....... ;) ;D :P ::) ......oh, forget it!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »
Um, I didn't read all the posts here, but by the time Jin found out he was a dad and had that choice to make, Jacob was dead and couldn't cross anybody else off the list anyway, lol. And Kate was reinstated when Jacob got desperate.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 10:32:11 PM »

But there isn't any dedicated 'sarcasm' thingamabob!  So I used the winky guy and the big smiley guy.   ;) ;D  That was the best I could do.  I suppose I could have thrown in a tongue and an eye roll also.   :P ::) 
With today's technology, you'd think the people in charge of this forum would have more options for us!  >:(

cue sarcasm....... ;) ;D :P ::) ......oh, forget it!

See I get rolling eyeball guy as sarcasm I use it all the time roflmao thanks for making me have some laughs with this post