Author Topic: Questions That I Doubt Will be Answered  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Questions That I Doubt Will be Answered
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 05:47:44 PM »
How does Richard just appear suddenly out of nowhere?
Also not really a mystery but something that is annoying me this season is it suddenly going from Day to Night, or vice versa

Why is dead Jacob running around as a kid one minute, and as grown up Jacob the next?

I think that perhaps all three of these & certainly the day/night and young/old issues will end up being related to the Island being rather free-floating in time.

Rememer Daniel noting the light when he first came to the Island, Ellie talking about finding the Island being a matter of 'when not where'

Offline motorcycle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
Why did Jacob have a thing for numbers?
How did Ben know 'The Elizabeth' belonged to Desmond when they'd never met or known of each others existence?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
How did Ben know 'The Elizabeth' belonged to Desmond when they'd never met or known of each others existence?

Actually I think the "thing" for numbers may have just been a joke.  I don't think that was a real reason.  And how do we know that Ben didn't know of Desmond?  I think he probably did know Desmond was in there because of the camera in the Flame? station.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »

Ben had access to getting off the island, and to a considerable amount of informaiton on all the people who came to the island. It was his job, but will they flesh this out, doubt it.  So he knew of Desmond somehwere in the scheme of everything.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »

Actually I think the "thing" for numbers may have just been a joke.  I don't think that was a real reason.  And how do we know that Ben didn't know of Desmond?  I think he probably did know Desmond was in there because of the camera in the Flame? station.
Agreed about Jacob and the numbers.  I feel like after the last 2 episodes we are meant to realize that Jacob is much more human than we had originally thought - there isn't a huge meaning behind everything.  "It's just chalk on a wall."