Author Topic: Questions That I Doubt Will be Answered  (Read 5618 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Questions That I Doubt Will be Answered
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
Who the hell was in the cabin when Locke heard "Jacob" say "Help me"? Because the screen cap of the figure in the chair definitely did NOT look like either Jacob or MiB...and the person who was supposed to be in the cabin apparently hated technology so much that Ben needed to use a lamp and Locke had to turn off his flashlight. Yet when Locke turned his flashlight back on, all hell broke loose inside the cabin. Neither Jacob or MiB have shown that the hate technology so much that they'd freak out the entire cabin over a flashlight lol...so who WAS in that cabin?

I think it was Jacob's Cabin first. He is a simple man, and doesn't really form to the modes of modern technology. Some time ago Jacob stopped using the Cabin. The ring of ash was kept in place as a shield to keep MiB from using it. Ben went to the cabin he thought would be empty, and MiB tried to manifest in front of John Locke regardless of there being ash encircling it. MiB was only able to manage a spark of an appearance before he was cast out. this forcible casting out caused the cabin to react violently.

Eh, I dunno lol...seems like too many contortions would be needed for that to be what acutally happened. And why would he have said "Help me", then?

I do agree that the circle of ash was there to keep Smokie/MiB out, though. But Jacob never seemed scared or unnerved by Smokie/MiB being able to come up to him. He couldn't kill Jacob himself, afterall. So it's as if the person in the cabin COULD be killed by Smokie/MiB and needed protecting.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »
No I think it was put up so that Smokey couldn't use it to give anyone orders in the event a loophole was found and Jacob was killed. If MiB can't get in, than MiB can't impersonate Jacob. And Mib was saying help me to Locke as just another attempt to bring him over to his side. Much like the Smoke dragging him toward the ground in season 1. MiB took a bit to fuigure out how to use Locke, and these are instances where he was trying some things.

Offline CirsR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »
How did Walt appear to Shannon and Sayid on the island in Season 2 after he had been kidnapped? He wasnt dead so it couldnt have been the whispers of MIB.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
Jacob?

Offline saltwater

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »
How does Richard just appear suddenly out of nowhere?, Is it just his knowledge of the island?  In Dr Linus Jack asked him were he come from when he steps out of the bushes and he says you wouldnt belive me if I told you, Jack says Try me and he says maybe later, was Richard just on about his past or did I miss something?

Also not really a mystery but something that is annoying me this season is it suddenly going from Day to Night, or vice versa, It has happened countless times, Jack went off for a talk with Locke in The Last recruit and it was dark, he comes back a short while later and its broad daylight (It was still dark when they meet claire on the way back), Also how long did the sub events take, again in was daylight when they get on the sub but once Jack and co get back to the beach its night time again..

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
Why is dead Jacob running around as a kid one minute, and as grown up Jacob the next?

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 12:10:57 AM »
Who the hell was in the cabin when Locke heard "Jacob" say "Help me"? Because the screen cap of the figure in the chair definitely did NOT look like either Jacob or MiB...and the person who was supposed to be in the cabin apparently hated technology so much that Ben needed to use a lamp and Locke had to turn off his flashlight. Yet when Locke turned his flashlight back on, all hell broke loose inside the cabin. Neither Jacob or MiB have shown that the hate technology so much that they'd freak out the entire cabin over a flashlight lol...so who WAS in that cabin?

I think it was Jacob's Cabin first. He is a simple man, and doesn't really form to the modes of modern technology. Some time ago Jacob stopped using the Cabin. The ring of ash was kept in place as a shield to keep MiB from using it. Ben went to the cabin he thought would be empty, and MiB tried to manifest in front of John Locke regardless of there being ash encircling it. MiB was only able to manage a spark of an appearance before he was cast out. this forcible casting out caused the cabin to react violently.
I really, really wish we could get a definitive answer on this - this would be the biggest one for me if it doesn't get answered.  I believe I_Am_Jacob's explanation is reasonable, or at least as close to the right answer as we can get, but I still feel like I can't find an explanation that completely fits with what we've since learned about Jacob and MiB.  The "Help Me" scene was such a huge thing at the time, and it seems like it doesn't fit into the story anymore.  I hope we get something more on it, but I'm guessing we won't since it's just not relevant.   :-\

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »
feel free to add your own:
Lots of questions went unanswered with the death of Widmore and Richard:
Who was supplying all the Dharma food all these years?  Time Flux. Think along the lines of Daniel Farady's Rocket Experiment
What were in all those Dharma journals? Nonsense notes from watching the other stations. Not really important
What was in the Black Rock journal that ended up in the Hanso family even though was the first mate's, journal Widmore wanted so bad and bought? Could be coords, could be he didn't KNOW what was in it and thought there would be coords. In the end it doesn't really matter shat was in there as he found the Island after Jacob invited him back.
Didn't Richard ever figure out that Ben was talking to MIB   more than Richard was giving him directions from Jacob? May have, but I think Jacob was more than a little hands off even with Richard.
Didn't Richard figure anything out the 147 years he lived as Jacob's go between?  Not according to what he said before the Dynamite scene in the Black Rock. Made it seem like he was always just waiting for answers and they never came.
Why gas the Dharma people? and why did Richard go along with it?  The same reason Mother killed the village. Dharma was growing too big. They had found a method to go too and from the Island at will, thus negating the safety measure of keeping women from having children. They were on the verge of creating a sustainable society on the Island, and would eventually reach the Light and try to expoit it and result in it going out.
Why not have Smokey kill all the Dharma people?  Dharma was (unbeknownst to them) trying to accomplish the same means as MiB. Reach the Light (electromagnetism) and use it. MiB only allowed Ben to summon him because he would eventually be used by MiB to kill Jacob. It was his way of gaining Ben's loyalty in a way. Notice he kept Keamy alive so he could later use the Dead Man's Trigger to kill the Losties (Candidates) on the freighter
Who hired Kelvin many years alter to punch the buttons as a Dharma person? Grant in HR.
How was Dr.Candle able to release new videos after the bomb went off, what happened to him in island time?  Same thing that happened to Radzinsky. Either the Bomb went off and they died, or the bomb didn't go off and they are off living in Albequerque
These questions will never be answered

I can understand that we as an audience would like it if every question that ever came up on the show was answered beyond any doubt, but we aren't watching Boy Meets World here. (Great show before they made Sean all emo)This is a show that requires its audience to use critical thinking over the course of many Episodes across many seasons to deduce answers from what we have been shown. Also, there are some questions that have percolated over the years that are simply there as background noise between weeks. We made more of them than ever needed to be made, and now that those stories aren't being wrapped up some people are going to be let down. I am sorry, but I could care less what's going on with Kelvin. I am amazed there is a thread on here devoted to whether or not he is alive that is sitting at about 76 pages. Does anyone honestly think that Kelvin is going to have some vital part in our end scenario? He was in about 3 episodes if I am remembering correctly. Arzt had more screentime than him. Are we all hypothesizing who hired Dr. Arzt in the ALT? No. Why? It doesn't matter to the central theme of our story. These may be regarded as things that the writers "Gave up on", or maybe they were just things that never mattered. How much of a testament is it to their writing prowess that they can get us to devote 76 pages of forum thread to a 3 episode character who was never meant to matter? I'd say that is an accomplishment.

us old timers were having fun way back when with the death of kelvin it was a prank post and why it is so long

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
Ah. I was unbale to deduce that from it being one of the questions in this thread. Sorry GJ.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »
The cabin agree with all you we need answers, if it was Jacob's cabin why would the clue for Illana be who lies beneath the foot of the statue?
But why does she go there first with her posse if she knows Jacob is in the foot of the statue? Were they looking for the MIB? The circle of ashes were broken., Locke went there a bunch of times to talk to Christain who we know was MIB.
There was knife thrown at some weaving of Jacob's or his mom.
Christian met Sun, Frank and gang  there when they didn't time travel back to the 1970's, so I think it was housing MIB, and all those years Ben was talking to MIB  but not hearing any answers  as he never saw or heard anyhting. All messages were done through Richard from Jacob 
Claire was also in there.
But why would Hulrey see it? is he seeing Michael and Isabella through MIB and other people through Jacob?

Who planted the dream  for Locke to find dead Dharma Goodspeed guy to  show him the way to the cabin?
MIB occupied the cabin.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
Ah. I was unbale to deduce that from it being one of the questions in this thread. Sorry GJ.

LOL don't worry about it but still curious who did hire him so many years after the gassing.And yes he  is dead :-D

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 08:25:53 PM »
How did Walt appear to Shannon and Sayid on the island in Season 2 after he had been kidnapped? He wasnt dead so it couldnt have been the whispers of MIB.

Walt had special powers as he could see Locke in a suit surrounded by people tying to kill him, but it was Unlocke.  TPTB wasted a good thing with Walt. Plus he has these powers and yet doesn't know his dad is dead?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »

Walt had special powers as he could see Locke in a suit surrounded by people tying to kill him, but it was Unlocke.  TPTB wasted a good thing with Walt. Plus he has these powers and yet doesn't know his dad is dead?

I don't know they wasted something as much as they got screwed. I mean that actor hit a growth spurt like no other. He could pass for a 30 year old now.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »
Why was Aaron so damn important? Why was it so essential that Claire and Claire alone raise Aaron? Why all the religious symbolism and dire consequences connected with Claire not raising Aaron herself? Remember the dream with Locke with dark black eyes (foreshadowing Smokie taking over?)...in that Dream Locke blames Claire for not raising Aaron herself. WTF was that all about?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »
I want to know what was up with Cindy.  Why was she so weird and "brainwashy" after being taken by the others?  Why was she so accepting of it?  The kids too.  They seemed just too okay with being kidnapped and made to live with crazy island people.