Author Topic: Am I the only one that noticed about Desmond??  (Read 1361 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that noticed about Desmond??
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »
Okay, now I'm not even really sure where this thought is going, but did anyone else notice that the stuff that Desmond said to Stalagtite face and Sayid in the back of the police van was the exact same thing that MiB said to Richard when Richard was shackled in the ship?? I mean, is it possible that TPTB are going to sac up and perhaps show us that the good guys don't win and Desmond is some sort of bad guy in the Off-island time line??

I don't know if I want to make this leap at the moment, but perhaps sending Desmond into the cave of light (if that's what he's there for, and does in fact even happen) turns him into another form of the smoke monster.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: My fault guys. I kind of put forth the impression that Desmond used the exact quote as MiB did in Ab Aeterno, but he didn't. That's my fault. both things said by both characters eqaute out to "I'll help you out if you promise to do what I say." The main thing about these two scenes is that neither MiB or Desmond made any movement to offer any help until the promises were made, that's what made me catch it and notice it in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:46:59 PM by BobBX542 »

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one that noticed about Desmond??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
 I am going with the theory that "It only ends once" and there will be no more smoke monster. But thanks, now I will have this thread bugging me and my mind will be in twists until Sunday. They wouldn't make Desmond become Smokey... would they?? Again thanks!  ;)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
I am going with the theory that "It only ends once" and there will be no more smoke monster. But thanks, now I will have this thread bugging me and my mind will be in twists until Sunday. They wouldn't make Desmond become Smokey... would they?? Again thanks!  ;)

I would if it were my show.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »
Okay, now I'm not even really sure where this thought is going, but did anyone else notice that the stuff that Desmond said to Stalagtite face and Sayid in the back of the police van was the exact same thing that MiB said to Richard when Richard was shackled in the ship?? I mean, is it possible that TPTB are going to sac up and perhaps show us that the good guys don't win and Desmond is some sort of bad guy in the Off-island time line??

I don't know if I want to make this leap at the moment, but perhaps sending Desmond into the cave of light (if that's what he's there for, and does in fact even happen) turns him into another form of the smoke monster.
Do you have a quote of what he said?  Cannot rewatch episode for another 12 hours or so and am very curious because I think I missed the connection.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »

If I was writing this I would have evil win.....man what does that say about me. LOL!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

Do you have a quote of what he said?  Cannot rewatch episode for another 12 hours or so and am very curious because I think I missed the connection.

I do not have the exact quote from last night's episode, so in order to find it, I looked at Ab Aeterno's transcript, and it turns out I may have goofed. I thought Desmond said the same exact thing, but it wasn't a direct quote. Just a paraphrasing. I will fix that after I post this. Now in order to answer your question MachThree, What both Desmond and MiB said was essentially, "I'll get you out here if you promise to do what I say". Now I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but neither Desmond or MiB did anything to help them until they actually promised, that's why i noticed it.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »

If I was writing this I would have evil win.....man what does that say about me. LOL!
Me too.  But at least Lost isn't as bad as some other shows/movies where I actively wish for the good guys to die/lose.  I just don't want a happy ending, as in everyone lives happily in the sideways and the island stuff basically never happened.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:23 PM »
I believe Desmond was talking more like jacob did at the camp fire chat. He was giving them a choice. I will help you escape if you want me to. You don't have to but here is the opportunity and what I need. Take me up on it if you want. jacob wanted a volunteer to take his spot, not be forced to like his mom did to him.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
I actually noticed the same thing during that scene, Bob. I think it was just a cool connection like when Bernard said Sawyer's favorite line , "son of a bitch". I don't really think there is a connection between the 2 except it being a cool mirror type moment.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
I actually noticed the same thing during that scene, Bob. I think it was just a cool connection like when Bernard said Sawyer's favorite line , "son of a bitch". I don't really think there is a connection between the 2 except it being a cool mirror type moment.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. I really will feel bad if all of the Desmond fans have to deal with him being a smoke monster.

I believe Desmond was talking more like jacob did at the camp fire chat. He was giving them a choice. I will help you escape if you want me to. You don't have to but here is the opportunity and what I need. Take me up on it if you want. jacob wanted a volunteer to take his spot, not be forced to like his mom did to him.

Interesting. Something about the whole being captive thing just made it seem like MiB/Richard to me. 3 days to find out I guess.