Author Topic: Is Widmore dead?  (Read 4055 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Widmore dead?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
Widmore said Jacob visited him and he knew the purpose now.
Than Smoky tells him that he is going to kill Penny when he leaves the island and
Widmore immediatly tells him all the secrets.
Doesn't sound like he firmly believed in Jacob, sounds like he believed that MIB would win
and leave the place and kill Penny.
Why bother about Penny if you believe that the world will end and everyone will cease to
exist if MIB leaves the island. Penny would be gone anyway?

Because it's his daughter Opie. Come on, have a heart. LOL

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »
But it would be cool to see Widmore show up at a time where all hope seemed lost...I kind of think thats going to be Miles' job in the finale though.
Yes... Mile's may find out what Widmore knows from Jacob since he can talk to the dead.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
But it would be cool to see Widmore show up at a time where all hope seemed lost...I kind of think thats going to be Miles' job in the finale though.
Yes... Mile's may find out what Widmore knows from Jacob since he can talk to the dead.

Wow! I totally didn't even think of that. I was just kinda thinking that Miles probably had the C4 and the walkie talkie, but combine with being able to find out what Widmore had planned....nice work sillysab!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »
But Miles isn't the one that can communicate with them in that way. He only gets a sense about the person.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
But Miles isn't the one that can communicate with them in that way. He only gets a sense about the person.

He can 'hear' their last thoughts and since Widmore was in the process of explaining his message to MIB when he was killed, Miles will be able to hear it too.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
Widmore, like all the others has a new job....and its pushing up daisies....

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
Immediately thought that Ben was trying to do good by killing Widmore.  (overall good that is).  He didn't want Widmore to tell Smokey what Smokey needed to know.  I'm thinking in the end, Ben IS a good guy.

Agreed.  Ben seemed like he wanted to silence Widmore before he could help Locke.   Now he's staying close, pretending he wants to help, but hoping to set Locke up for the kill.

Agreed and agreed.  There is no more "bad Ben."  However, if he can help the cause by offing Widmore just in time to prevent info-sharing, then that's just icing on the cake for Ben.  Because whether or not Widmore actually pulled the trigger on Alex, as far as Ben's concerned he's guilty as sin.  Ben couldn't manage to kill Penny, but he could manage this.

For some reason (I haven't the slightest idea why) Widmore didn't think Ben would betray him.

I think Widmore has moved on and is preoccupied with this immediate goal of saving the world or whatever it is that he thinks he's doing; he has temporarily forgotten that he was responsible for the death of someone's daughter.  He makes the mistake of assuming that Ben has done the same thing -- he thinks "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and that Ben is on the anti-MIB side.  Well, the enemy part might be true, but the friend part, not so much.  He underestimated Ben's love for Alex.   And Ben always has a plan.

He can 'hear' their last thoughts and since Widmore was in the process of explaining his message to MIB when he was killed, Miles will be able to hear it too.

I like this. 

I really liked how quickly and coolly Ben said "Because he doesn't get to save his daughter."  It felt like the old Ben, coming up with an 'excuse' that is not only quite plausible but so quick like that!  Smooth, smooth.  You can never tell if he's lying or not.  It really seemed to placate Flocke who was about to get all testy about "why'd you do that?"