Author Topic: Ben and Danielle  (Read 4950 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ben and Danielle
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
It struck me as kinda sweet and appropriate, because as someone said earlier, ALT-Ben is not the same as Island-Ben.  Alex even said (and I forgot to post this in Best Lines) "Why would anyone want to hurt you, Dr. Linus?  You're just the nicest guy ever!"  (LOL, when you think of how much of the series Island-Ben spent in a totally face-mangled state because of how awful he was...)

I think Danielle would really keep Hubby Ben in line, too.  Remember her elbow to his face during the scene outside the radio tower when whats-her-face got the knife in the back?  I always did think the two of them played that scene like an old married couple, but just taken a teeeeensy bit over the top...  :)

Plus Ben gets to really be Alex's father, which is the one good thing he's been in both timelines. 

I was also thinking the other day that Ben got to be Alex's father until she was 16 and Alt-Ben will get to be her father from 16 on. I don't know why I like that thought. And yes, I realize in the first case it was his own fault she died but still...

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Ben and Danielle
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »
It struck me as kinda sweet and appropriate, because as someone said earlier, ALT-Ben is not the same as Island-Ben.  Alex even said (and I forgot to post this in Best Lines) "Why would anyone want to hurt you, Dr. Linus?  You're just the nicest guy ever!"  (LOL, when you think of how much of the series Island-Ben spent in a totally face-mangled state because of how awful he was...)

I think Danielle would really keep Hubby Ben in line, too.  Remember her elbow to his face during the scene outside the radio tower when whats-her-face got the knife in the back?  I always did think the two of them played that scene like an old married couple, but just taken a teeeeensy bit over the top...  :)

Plus Ben gets to really be Alex's father, which is the one good thing he's been in both timelines. 

I was also thinking the other day that Ben got to be Alex's father until she was 16 and Alt-Ben will get to be her father from 16 on. I don't know why I like that thought. And yes, I realize in the first case it was his own fault she died but still...

Ladies, I like where you're going with this! Very nicely said!