Poll

Who is Vincent?

Vincent?
The Smoke Monster
Jacob

Author Topic: So Who thinks Vincent was the Smoke Monster all along???  (Read 2928 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
I still think that there is a good chance that Vincent has been the smoke monster all along, watching them and keeping an eye on everyone!  Anyone else think so?

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: So Who thinks Vincent was the Smoke Monster all along???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
Vincent is a dog. I can't pick none of the above, so I didn't vote.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:14:45 PM »
Vincent is a dog. I can't pick none of the above, so I didn't vote.
I with Razzle on this one...just a dog  :D ;D

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 01:15:50 PM »
he would be a very old dog by now if we see him Sunday!!  ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
I saaw this thread and I thought it was a joke....I hope it is. Vincent is either a very old, or very dead dog that had littleto do besides being a character to lead some of our losties to important events as they chased him through the jungle.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
Why would Vincent be a very old dog?  He'd be the same age, comparatively, as everyone else, wouldn't he?  I mean, we'll either be in 2004 or 2007, right? so the most he could be is three years older than he was.  When we were doing all the "time-jumping" around, nobody else aged or got younger-looking or anything.

Edit:  Oh, and no, Vincent wasn't Smokey.  He's just a dog.  One that they'd best not kill off if they know what's good for them.   >:(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:45:45 PM by Madam P »

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »
I am assuming he would be dead because he was 5 miles away from the swan station with Rose and Bernard when the bomb went off. I am thinking that they did not travel back to 2007 along with our Losties since they were so far away and were not affected by the bomb. For example, Richard and everybody else didn't time travel to 2007.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »
But when the time-shifts happened (purple flashes, nosebleeds, etc....) the entire island time-shifted, didn't it?  It wasn't just a "who's in the range of fire" kind of thing.  And the time-shifts were triggered, presumably, by the donkey-wheel being turned, which "disturbed the light" or whatever.  And the last time-shift was triggered when Juliet hit the bomb, which also "disturbed the light," right?  (Because the site was above where the old donkey-wheel was -- we saw it in the x-ray or whatever that Chang did.)  So I'm assuming it would function pretty much like turning the donkey-wheel, and the whole island would time-shift.  (Do we know what "time" it was when they ran into Rose and Bernard at Camp Happiness?  I've totally forgotten...)

But wait, I think I see what you mean -- do the people themselves time-shift, other than the Losties that are presumably "special" because they're Candidates or whatever.  Because there weren't any leftover Dharma people (who were back at New Otherton when the bomb blew) who shifted to 2007, so would Rose and Bernard have shifted?  OK, I see.  (But Miles shifted.  He's not a Candidate, is he?  He was "in range", but then so were several Dharma guys working at the site, weren't they?  Hmmm.  My head is starting to hurt again... and I think I need coffee...)

Anyway.  TPTB said we'd see Vincent again, so I'm hoping they stick to that somehow.  I don't think Vincent was Smokey, but I suppose it's possible he could see the ghosts.  (You know what they say about children and animals and how they have a closer "connection" with the spirit world because their minds aren't all clouded with ed-yoo-cay-shun and cynicism and stuff...)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
Did Richard time travel and the people at the temple? I am confused! please help! I thought Richard said he saw them all blow up? I also thought that since Locke and Ben were not around their new leader became Dogan and he's been leading them.  If so, then wouldn't it be possible Rose and Bernard didn't travel either? In any case I hope Sunday we do find out.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:25:15 AM »
Now that you say that, I do remember something about Richard saying he saw people blow up, but I can't remember it exactly.

Richard is kinda "there" at all the times pretty much, so I don't know if that is time-travelling or if he's just a part of the island. 

Temple people... I don't know how we can tell if they time-shifted.  Aaargh.

Offline beanblog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »
I think it's a possibility that the smoke monster is Vincent... especially since the smoke monster has admitted to being various things on the island... appearing in a specific for to guide the losties one way or another.  Vincent did this exact thing on several occasions.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
Vincent is just a dog.  And he's only three years older.  I think that all of the losties that time shifted backwards also time shifted forwards after the bomb went off.  It has nothing to do with range, it's just whoever went backward came forward including Vincent.  And Vincent is a dog, just a dog.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
Vincent is just a dog.  And he's only three years older.  I think that all of the losties that time shifted backwards also time shifted forwards after the bomb went off.  It has nothing to do with range, it's just whoever went backward came forward including Vincent.  And Vincent is a dog, just a dog.

That makes sense that the bomb only made the time shift for the Losties and not the temple people or Dharma folks on the island. That is the way it worked when they were originally time shifting. Thanks for clearing that up! Also, yes, Vincent is a dog and only a dog!  :D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »
Just a dog.

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 01:27:39 AM »
Dog that made the final seconds!!!! Heck of a dog!