Poll

Do you think Ben has turned evil again or playing Locke?

Back to bad Ben
Playing Locke and is Good
Don't matter he is going to die!

Author Topic: Is Ben Bad or Good  (Read 8437 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ben Bad or Good
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
RM, I was so thinking of you during the last Hurley/Ben scene.  I hope that left you with a good feeling that Ben knows he doesn't deserve to 'move on' just yet.  I trust Hurley that Ben was a good #2 and maybe someday he will feel that he made amends for his sins.  But not yet, his sins were too great and he knows it.  How did you like the Ben ending?

I must say I did feel a little better about it.  At least it was some acknowledgement of all the truly bad things he (and the Others) did.  They kept acting like the end justifies the means because they were all doing it in the service of a higher being; but Jacob turned out to be a flawed human just like anybody else so murdering, kidnapping and terrorizing people just because he said so didn't wash with me.

I gotta say, reading this post was almost as cool as watching Ben and Locke make peace at the end of the show. Glad Ben was able to make peace with you, RM. :)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »
RM, I was so thinking of you during the last Hurley/Ben scene.  I hope that left you with a good feeling that Ben knows he doesn't deserve to 'move on' just yet.  I trust Hurley that Ben was a good #2 and maybe someday he will feel that he made amends for his sins.  But not yet, his sins were too great and he knows it.  How did you like the Ben ending?

I must say I did feel a little better about it.  At least it was some acknowledgement of all the truly bad things he (and the Others) did.  They kept acting like the end justifies the means because they were all doing it in the service of a higher being; but Jacob turned out to be a flawed human just like anybody else so murdering, kidnapping and terrorizing people just because he said so didn't wash with me.

I gotta say, reading this post was almost as cool as watching Ben and Locke make peace at the end of the show. Glad Ben was able to make peace with you, RM. :)

And Ben's relationship with Danielle and Alex wasn't real but all in his head--so you should feel better about that too!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 09:54:19 PM »
I have to say I thought Ben was going to buy the farm and just turn it the wrong way.  But in the end well it was good.  I was glad to be wrong on this

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
Making Ben appear to be a "good guy" in the end is quite the tough sell.  But I think Michael Emerson pulled it off.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »
E.S.B. it was the love that Hurley had an all the hot pockets he threw at him over the course of time that made Ben the man he was in the end

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
E.S.B. it was the love that Hurley had an all the hot pockets he threw at him over the course of time that made Ben the man he was in the end

Amazing what Hot Pockets can do. And all along I thought they were just clever hot sandwich treats.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

Amazing what Hot Pockets can do. And all along I thought they were just clever hot sandwich treats.

Hot pockets have a miracle cure in them they can knock the snot out of most folks

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 12:18:57 AM »
I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes...

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2010, 03:31:07 PM »

I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes...
...Hurley chucked the Hot Pocket
and knocked off Benjamin's nose.