Poll

Please give "What They Died For" a rating and tell us what you thought of the episode in the comments.

6 (33.3%)
6 (33.3%)
3 (16.7%)
1 (5.6%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.6%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Episode 6x16 Rating  (Read 4712 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x16 Rating
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:33:26 PM »
Share your thoughts here after you vote.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x16 Rating
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
Way better than last week. one word.... answers!!

Will rate after second viewing, but it was fantastic. Can't wait for Sunday.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:48:37 PM »
Agreed on all points.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:05:51 AM »
Yes! That helped wash away the bitter disappointment that was last week's episode (you know, the episode that was all about the island's mythology that provided precious few answers while creating a zillion new questions and a whole lot of confusion). I give it a 10 and I didn't even see the final scene at the well.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
I voted an 8. I feel like it's more like an 8.5.
I loved the flashsideways. I loved Jack comforting Sawyer. I loved Jack being the new Island protector. Ben and Danielle!  :-*
I didn't like how Widmore felt like he could trust Ben. Just like Jacob, Widmore shouldn't have trusted Ben to do the right thing.
Also poor Claire, every time her and Jack are going to connect, something comes up.

The only new question I have is: "Is Richard really dead?" I am sure we'll find out soon enough.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:07:25 AM »
We got more answers about the history this week than last!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 09:29:15 AM »
Great episode. Finally we got answers and no new questions. yes, we are wondering who may and may not of died but we will get those answers. At least we don't have any new questions that we know won't be answered. I agree, I feel like I understand the island history mch better now after this episode in comparison to last weeks....

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »
Lots of questions went unanswered with the death of Widmore and Richard:
Who was supplying all the Dharma food all these years?
What were in all those Dharma journals?
What was in the Black Rock journal that ended up in the Hanso family even though was the first mate's, journal Widmore wanted so bad and bought?
Didn't Richard ever figure out that Ben was talking to MIB   ore than Richard was giving him directions from Jacob?
Didn't Richard figure anything out the 147 years he lived as Jacob's go between?
Why ad the Dharma people? and why did Richard go along with it?
Why not have Smokey kill all the Dharma people?
Who hired kelvin many years alter to punch the buttons as a Dharma person?
How was Dr.Candle able to release new videos after the bomb went off, what happened to him in island time? 
These questions will never be anwsered

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »
Who was supplying all the Dharma food all these years? That was probably something to do with the time flucuation
What were in all those Dharma journals? IDK but probably were shown to let us know they were doing lots of scientific work to figure out the island's properties
What was in the Black Rock journal that ended up in the Hanso family even though was the first mate's, journal Widmore wanted so bad and bought? It probably had notations in it on how to find the island. Isn't that how Hanso found it and then started Dharma?
Didn't Richard ever figure out that Ben was talking to MIB   ore than Richard was giving him directions from Jacob? He probably figured that out when Jacob was killed and everything went to hell.
Didn't Richard figure anything out the 147 years he lived as Jacob's go between? Apparently not--he was clueless
Why ad the Dharma people? and why did Richard go along with it? Perhaps when hanso's people (Dharma)came Jacob decided to study them.
Why not have Smokey kill all the Dharma people? Jacob wanted to learn from them--as long as they followed the rules. I suppose Smokey could have killed them at anytime Jacob wanted him too. Ben did finally purge them all...
Who hired kelvin many years alter to punch the buttons as a Dharma person? IDK
How was Dr.Candle able to release new videos after the bomb went off, what happened to him in island time? Remember the Dharma houses looked slightly different when SUn and Frank came over from Hydra island. Perhaps setting off the bomb altered the timeline so that those videos were not made.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
I must wait until Friday to see this - rather happy that I get to wait a bit then the season finale

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 11:38:17 AM »
I guess I fall into that group of viewers that just ain't very happy with the answers I'm getting... 4
I'm actually starting to like the sideways a lot better than the island stuff...

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
Watched it twice now and still loved it!! I gave it a 9. I thought we got a lot of answers and it was an excellent episode leading up to the grand finale.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
I am giving this a 9 as it moves it right along to where we need to be.
Again the island main character at the center of all.  Jacob admitting  his error and why they need to protect the island. 
Jack never have been a fan but they moved this character along and he accepted his destiny all along.
Sad to see Widmore die - I had hopes for him but gone done .
Ben well he won't change his evil ways.
Danielle without the feral look well it was nice to see her and the kidnapping comment the humor!
Yes, so very happy with this episode and answers to things that mattered, at least to me.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »
Who was supplying all the Dharma food all these years?I am going on a limb here and saying it was Widmore's folks or Ellie
What were in all those Dharma journals?does it really matter
What was in the Black Rock journal that ended up in the Hanso family even though was the first mate's, journal Widmore wanted so bad and bought?I think I wrote this before and that is simply that Widmore wanted them because of the history of the island.  We were shown in Ab Eterno that the boat was brought to the island by Jacob so it's connection to all of this was coincidence not searching for the island.  I think he wanted to make sure that no one else could pull anything from it and as an avid island hugger well you get teh point.
Didn't Richard ever figure out that Ben was talking to MIB   ore than Richard was giving him directions from Jacob?Well, Jacob's brother dropped enough hints to Richard and Richard was curious about some things but Flock did a good job keeping him thinking that he was Locke.  So it was nt meant to be.
Didn't Richard figure anything out the 147 years he lived as Jacob's go between?The only time that Smokey tried to kill Jacob was with Richard then the 147 years later.  What was he to gleen?  He learned a lot and that was to keep peace and do the job that Richard hired him for
Why ad the Dharma people? and why did Richard go along with it?DI was there to get information and I still say it is an Ellie and Widmore deal.  Also I wonder if Jacob didnt' aske for them to be there to prove more points.
Why not have Smokey kill all the Dharma people?because they were not candidates they were just there and as you can see there was controlled
Who hired kelvin many years alter to punch the buttons as a Dharma person?DI personell
How was Dr.Candle able to release new videos after the bomb went off, what happened to him in island time? 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
Loved the episode. Back to great Lost tv. Gave it a 10