Author Topic: Best Lines of the Episode  (Read 5588 times)

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Best Lines of the Episode
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
I can't remember the line exactly and the transcript isn't on Lostpedia yet.

But Ben says something like, The secret room is where I summoned the smoke monster, but it now appears he's been summoning me...

Looooved that line...

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »
I like the line Miles said about the "secreter room"

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »
Sawyer. "I thought he had a god complex before"
also when kate pretty much called him out for saying that LOL

Hell yeah!

Kate: James.
Sawyer: I know.

Awesome.

I love how Kate is always being the 'mother' figure telling James and Jack to play nice!  She actually told him to 'be nice' on the boat a few episodes back before Jack jumped ship.  And Sawyer's answer tonight, 'I know' was perfect.  He was quietly admitting that he can sometimes be a sarcastic wise-ass, which is always good for a laugh!   :D

As for the God complex, one of my favorite 'lines/not a line' was the moment the look in Jack's eyes changed after he drank the cup.  Jacob had the same moment when he drank the cup also.  To me, it was the dawning of their 'enlightenment'. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:08:44 PM by lostfan777 »

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »
I can't remember the line exactly and the transcript isn't on Lostpedia yet.

But Ben says something like, The secret room is where I summoned the smoke monster, but it now appears he's been summoning me...

Looooved that line...
Yes, that was a very interesting line.  I think he said that he was told he could summon the monster there.  Who told him is what I want to know.  But very much doubt that will be answered.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »
If you believe that Ben got a lot of his information from MIB when he thought he was talking to Jacob then that line makes more sense. MIB was manipulating him.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »
I forget what part, but I know I heard Sawyer call MiB FLocke. What a nice wink to the fans.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 01:38:05 PM »
I forget what part, but I know I heard Sawyer call MiB FLocke. What a nice wink to the fans.
I know exactly what part you are talking about because I thought he said Flocke too, but I went back and listened to it again and he said "if Locke..." I think the "if" made it sound like Flocke, but I don't think it was.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »
I know exactly what part you are talking about because I thought he said Flocke too, but I went back and listened to it again and he said "if Locke..." I think the "if" made it sound like Flocke, but I don't think it was.

So what you are saying is I have given credit to the writers for somthing I perceived that didn't even happen? This has to be the first time anyone has done that to this show. ::)

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »

So what you are saying is I have given credit to the writers for somthing I perceived that didn't even happen? This has to be the first time anyone has done that to this show. ::)
lol I do it all the time!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »

I was pretty sure I heard FLocke too. i will have to rewatch

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
If you believe that Ben got a lot of his information from MIB when he thought he was talking to Jacob then that line makes more sense. MIB was manipulating him.
When did Ben ever think he was talking to Jacob (except in the scene in the statue where he killed him)?  Ben has never seen Jacob, as far as I can tell.  Remember he later admitted lying to Locke in the cabin about seeing Jacob, because he was in fact embarassed never to have seen him.  And I don't think MiB ever impersonated Jacob to Ben.  Have I forgotten something?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
When did Ben ever think he was talking to Jacob (except in the scene in the statue where he killed him)?  Ben has never seen Jacob, as far as I can tell.  Remember he later admitted lying to Locke in the cabin about seeing Jacob, because he was in fact embarassed never to have seen him.  And I don't think MiB ever impersonated Jacob to Ben.  Have I forgotten something?

I used the word talking when I meant "taking orders from" Sorry for the confusion.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

Heh, I thought it was a fan shoutout too, with Sawyer saying "Flocke".

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
I laughed out loud when Jacob told Kate something to the effect of, "It's just a line of chalk, Kate.  The job's yours if you want it."  Only funny because of all the banter on here about who the candidates were and why Kate couldn't be a candidate anymore blah blah blah and in the end it just really didn't matter.  It was like, well, anyone could take over I guess, but I'd really like it to be one of you guys.  No big.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »
I have to say, Ben telling Locke, "He doesn't get to save his daughter" was so chilling it gave me goosebumps!

That may have been Ben's best line, but he also had soooo many moments that were just looks without any line at all that were just epic. I mean the stuff we saw from Ben in this episode was just as great as the "Got any milk?" scene years ago.

I was watching again today and a good example of this is when Richard gets tossed away by Smokey Ben doesn't flinch or shout or run... He just turns and stiffly walks over to a rocking chair. I loved that!

Another line I remembered:
Hurley: You didn't say Ana-Lucia would be here.
Ana-Lucia: Do I know you? TUBBY!

Generally I'm against the easy fat jokes but the look on his face just made me laugh because it was so original-timeliney I forgot where/when we were.