Author Topic: Now you're like me  (Read 3895 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Now you're like me
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
MiB couldn't directly kill Jacob because their "mother" made it that way.

MiB couldn't directly kill candidates because that was a rule of the Jacob/MiB game.

I say all bets are off now, because Jack is not protected by the mommy rule and the others aren't technically candidates anymore.  Also, MiB was supposedly stuck with Locke's face because Jacob was dead.  Now that there's another (Jack) just like him (Jacob), maybe that rule is off, too.

OOOH, I like it. Now perhaps MIB can be anybody he wants to again. Picturing in my mind--"Jack is about to kill MIB and then MIB suddenly changes into a sweet faced Sun" Will Jack be able to carry through..."

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
Is it Jack's game now?  Can he make his own rules now as the new Jacob.  Maybe he will still make that MIB can't kill him or the others.  And yes...Jack definitely has an epiphany face.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
Perhaps it is Jack's game now.

Maybe whoever is in charge of The Island is granted powers beyond what we've seen Jacob exercise, and any limitations are self-imposed...as part of The Game.

I doubt that MiB would be willing to strike up a new game with Jack, and Jack would be foolish to take on someone who's been playing The Game for centuries.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »
I just hope that Jack's "epiphany face" included the knowledge of what the heck that Latin incantation was that Jacob just said, because someday he might find that handy.  I would've been all "What was that you just said?  Would you mind jotting that down somewhere, please?  You know, just in case I ever want to get my own Candidates someday or something."

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »
Perhaps it is Jack's game now.

Maybe whoever is in charge of The Island is granted powers beyond what we've seen Jacob exercise, and any limitations are self-imposed...as part of The Game.

I doubt that MiB would be willing to strike up a new game with Jack, and Jack would be foolish to take on someone who's been playing The Game for centuries.

If Jack has inherited the powers of Jacob, creating immortality in friends is in his wheelhouse now.  OR maybe now Jack just has to trick MIB into taking a drink from his tin cup  - that would make MIB the island's protector and trap him.   

MIB to Jack - "Well played sir; well played" 

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
I just hope that Jack's "epiphany face" included the knowledge of what the heck that Latin incantation was that Jacob just said, because someday he might find that handy.  I would've been all "What was that you just said?  Would you mind jotting that down somewhere, please?  You know, just in case I ever want to get my own Candidates someday or something."

Yes!  love calling it his "epiphany face" - I really hope that you are right and her really does undersantd things now!

and as a compulsive list maker/note taker, I'm with you on "writing down the incantation" plan, too!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 08:26:13 PM »
The significance is in the consumption of the wine/water. 

Jacob's mother made Jacob drink the wine when she had the incantation or whatever you want to call it.
Jacob had Richard drink that same wine and it made Richard immortal and I could be wrong but even when Richard attempted to kill himself he was unable. 

So with Jack he made him immortal and like Jacob with whatever attributes come with that, which at this point will be answered shortly.

Granted the mother made it so that the boys could not kill each other and the "game" not so sure it is a game per se much as it is hands they were dealt and it is a feud.  But Jacob is dead and gone.  So it could be that the "keeper" of the island can never be killed by the hands of Jacob's brother in the form of the smoke monster. 

So yes, Jack would not be killed at the hands of smokey, bu tthrough someone else.