Author Topic: Now you're like me  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Now you're like me
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
So Jacob said the blessing, Jack drank the water and Jacob said 'Now you're like me'

Does this mean that Jack will live until Smokey kills him? or until Smokey finds another loophole?

Does Jack gain knowledge of the Island or just time to learn?

Can Jack leave and return?  Make people immortal?  See the dead?

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Now you're like me
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »
I think Jack had an epiphany. The Jack face he made after the drank seemed to be an epiphany to me.

We don't know how it ends, but it only ends once. I have a feeling Jack will bring on the end.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:21:15 PM »
I guess all of the above. He'll be around for a very long time

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »
Smokie could not kill jack anyways because he was a candidate. But I say he is now on equal footing to what Jacob was. He can do anything jacob could do.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:33:18 PM »
Smokie could not kill jack anyways because he was a candidate. But I say he is now on equal footing to what Jacob was. He can do anything jacob could do.

Funny you should say that, because Jacob said today that he'll try is hardest to kill all of you or something like that.  By that I'm assuming that he meant he'll try and get someone else to kill you.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
Like that traitor Ben!

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »
Like that traitor Ben!

I desperately want to think that Ben is playing FLocke.  I think he is better than this.  I think he was trying to kill Widmore to save Jacob's secret, not to prohibit him from saving his daughter.  Or maybe I just drank the Ben Kool-Aid and loved him in the sideways storyline...

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 03:43:56 AM »
Now that Jack is like Jacob and cannot directly be killed by Flocke, I'm concerned for Sawyer, Kate and Hurley. Now he can just go Smokey on them. Crap.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 03:50:17 AM »
Now that Jack is like Jacob and cannot directly be killed by Flocke, I'm concerned for Sawyer, Kate and Hurley. Now he can just go Smokey on them. Crap.

Don't worry, the candidates had diplomatic immunity. Then again Ben killed Jacob and he is still out there not to mention all that C4 from his secret closet.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »
Would they even be candidates anymore?  Jacob chose them to be his candidates.  But now Jacob is really gone.

Jack wouldn't have them down on his emergency contact incase I die list. 

I'm not sure if they're candidates anymore.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »

Don't worry, the candidates had diplomatic immunity. Then again Ben killed Jacob and he is still out there not to mention all that C4 from his secret closet.

Where did that C4 end up going? Is it still at the house or did Mile run off with it?

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
Would they even be candidates anymore?  Jacob chose them to be his candidates.  But now Jacob is really gone.

Good point.  I thought it was strange that Jacob said to Kate that her name being crossed off didn't really matter.  Were TPTB just trying to show Kate wasn't ieerelevant this season?    About 5 seconds later Jack steps up to take over for Jacob, so it was meaningless.  Only thing I can think of is if Jack somehow dies (pure speculation), then she is available to step in on his behalf. 

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »
I think being "like" Jacob brings a lot.    Jacob had the ability to pull ships to the island, maybe he could control weather.   His mother; also "like" Jacob, destroyed MIB's camp and well.   I don't think she became a smoke monster, I think she just used powers over nature to destroy them.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 12:02:23 PM »

Good point.  I thought it was strange that Jacob said to Kate that her name being crossed off didn't really matter.  Were TPTB just trying to show Kate wasn't ieerelevant this season?    About 5 seconds later Jack steps up to take over for Jacob, so it was meaningless.  Only thing I can think of is if Jack somehow dies (pure speculation), then she is available to step in on his behalf. 

I don't think it was meaningless.  It answered our questions about what she did to be crossed off in the first place.  Then when she was given the chance again, she proved that she wouldn't make the best replacement because she couldn't commit of her own free will.  She set the stage for Jack to step up.  Sawyer has made it clear he wants to go home and Hurley stated he was just glad it wasn't him.  They've all voluntarily stepped down.  I don't think it matters now whether or not they are still eligible because Jack will win or lose, one way or the other.  The end.  And it only ends once.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
MiB couldn't directly kill Jacob because their "mother" made it that way.

MiB couldn't directly kill candidates because that was a rule of the Jacob/MiB game.

I say all bets are off now, because Jack is not protected by the mommy rule and the others aren't technically candidates anymore.  Also, MiB was supposedly stuck with Locke's face because Jacob was dead.  Now that there's another (Jack) just like him (Jacob), maybe that rule is off, too.