Author Topic: Did Richard get Boba Fett-ed from LOST???!?!!  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Did Richard get Boba Fett-ed from LOST???!?!!
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »
...If that's the end of Richard, I'm TOTALLY not impressed. He's like the coolest character on the show and BAM! in 2 seconds he's gone in a very uneventful, unfulfilling way. Boba Fett was killed on "accident" when Han Solo couldn't see... Richard deserves better than that.

There I feel better now that I vented lol

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Did Richard get Boba Fett-ed from LOST???!?!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »
Richard was the coolest character until this year when they made him a wimp. I would agree that the end of Richard was a disappointment. He deserved better than to have his story line end this way. It is like they had a story line for him and then changed their mind.

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »
I think Richard wanted to die. I'm pretty sure he knew that Locke would kill him.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »
How do we know Richard is really dead? Come on this is Lost!

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »
Yeah, this would be a lame way for him to go out, especially given his dead wife telling him he "has to stop the Man in Black."  I hope we haven't seen the last of him.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
I think Richard wanted to die. I'm pretty sure he knew that Locke would kill him.

I agree, he knows his wife is on the island, waiting for him...he wanted to be with her..

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
I don't think he's dead.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »

I agree, but it was still very unsatisfying for our relationship to the character. 

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:11 AM »
Ricardus is dead!  Long live Ricardus!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 03:15:45 AM »
...If that's the end of Richard, I'm TOTALLY not impressed. He's like the coolest character on the show and BAM! in 2 seconds he's gone in a very uneventful, unfulfilling way. Boba Fett was killed on "accident" when Han Solo couldn't see... Richard deserves better than that.

There I feel better now that I vented lol

Good call, Roman. I totally had the same thought when I saw Richard go down. "Holy crap, they just Boba Fetted Alpert." I don't know if I'd say I'm "not impressed" because it was a surprise so that counts for something.

Then again, now that Richard is dead, he can total have a ghost appearance through Hurley. We may not have seen the last of him.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 03:24:56 AM »
I thought Richard couldn't die. Jacob gave him the gift of immortality. He's probably out of the way gor now but I believe he will pop up in the finale and it will be Jack, the new Jacob, who will finally release Richard from this "gift" so he can be reunited with his beloved wife Isabelle.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 03:31:31 AM »
I thought Richard couldn't die. Jacob gave him the gift of immortality. He's probably out of the way gor now but I believe he will pop up in the finale and it will be Jack, the new Jacob, who will finally release Richard from this "gift" so he can be reunited with his beloved wife Isabelle.
Well he wouldn't die of old age, or kill himself, but appearantly he can be killed by someone else, hence having Jack try to kill him at the Black Rock. You may be right in that we still havn't seen the last of Richard, either as a ghost, or surviving the Smoke Train.

I mean, in the expanded Star Wars universe, Boba Fett did escape the Sarlacc after he was eaten.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:43 AM »
I don't think he's dead.
It's just a flesh wound....

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 04:22:27 AM »

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 04:58:25 AM »
Quote from: CaseyMac link=topic=11019.msg623045#msg623045 date=
Quote from: KoKoNut link=topic=11019.msg623041#msg623041 date=
Well he wouldn't die of old age, or kill himself, but appearantly he can be killed by someone else, hence having Jack try to kill him at the Black Rock. You may be right in that we still havn't seen the last of Richard, either as a ghost, or surviving the Smoke Train.

I mean, in the expanded Star Wars universe, Boba Fett did escape the Sarlacc after he was eaten.
Remember Richard asked Jack to kill him at Black Rock but the dynamite wouldn't go off? Not sure if it was becuz Jack was a candidate or if you couldn't kill Richard. And it was Richard's wish to Jacob to live forever. And Jacob said, "Done!". The side benefit of immortality is never aging. No doubt he can still get wracked up, but he can't die either.