Author Topic: Bad edit  (Read 2142 times)

Offline guzda213

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Bad edit
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Did anyone notice at the end of the episode when it was flashing back to Jack and Kate in the cave? Watch it again.... Jack has no shirt on and Kate is wearing a small white top. Towards the part when Jack says, 'Actually one of them is female', Jack is NOW wearing some weird shirt and Kate is also wearing something different. What a hack job!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Bad edit
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »
Did anyone notice at the end of the episode when it was flashing back to Jack and Kate in the cave? Watch it again.... Jack has no shirt on and Kate is wearing a small white top. Towards the part when Jack says, 'Actually one of them is female', Jack is NOW wearing some weird shirt and Kate is also wearing something different. What a hack job!

It's actually not. That scene happened when they were running from the bees that came out of the hive Charlie broke. As the ran into the cave, Jack and Kate took off their shirts to get the bees out, and to swat them away, and as the scene progressed, they put their shirts back on. The way the scene was edited for the part in "Across the Sea" made it look that way though.

Offline guzda213

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
ohhhh... I'm happy that I'm wrong. I was like... WTF? I just started watching season 1 over again so I guess I'll keep my eyes open this time around. Thanks!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

It's actually not. That scene happened when they were running from the bees that came out of the hive Charlie broke. As the ran into the cave, Jack and Kate took off their shirts to get the bees out, and to swat them away, and as the scene progressed, they put their shirts back on.

That scene was the source of one of the best-ever "Lost lines" in my opinion (loose translation):

Hurley:  What are you guys doing?

Kate:  (embarrassed)  My shirt had a couple of bees in it.

Hurley:  Looks more like a couple of C's to me...

;D

(Or maybe it wasn't Hurley, maybe it was Charlie.  Whomever.  Still funny.)

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

That scene was the source of one of the best-ever "Lost lines" in my opinion (loose translation):

;D

It was Charlie and it was hilarious ;D

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »

It's actually not. That scene happened when they were running from the bees that came out of the hive Charlie broke. As the ran into the cave, Jack and Kate took off their shirts to get the bees out, and to swat them away, and as the scene progressed, they put their shirts back on.

;D

Yes, definitely Charlie.

Back when Astro and Thlay had the Black Rock website it had a random quote thingie so that everytime the page loaded you'd get a new one. I helped out by searching for and putting scores of new quotes into the system. Of all the ones I went through, that one is still one of my favorites of the whole show.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »

;D

This sounds weird, but that whole scene felt like the most natural and organic scene in the entire first season. This was way before Charlie started getting on my nerves. Deffinitely Charlie's best line.