Author Topic: How LOST will end---<the end>  (Read 910 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
How LOST will end---<the end>
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »
Greetings LOST fans and fellow friends!  I have my final prediction, which is pretty much what it was from the beginning.

LOST will end with Desmond making an egg shake, listening to Mama Cass's "Make Your Own Kind of Music" in the Swan Hatch.  Everything we've seen past that date is a non-sequitur.  The only thing the writers have shown us, as the audience, is that people are flawed and quite different from how they appear to the casual observer.  People are also good, in addition to their flaws, which is what keeps us going during the show, but inevitably we all love the idea because we can only hope for redemption from the Light for all the crappy things we've done.  Despite the odds, we continue to persevere--Man is inherently predictable; we all want to be good, but a little badness creeps into each of us, and we just can't control it.

When S2E1 aired, I said that the hatch was different, with two timelines being showed in consecutive motion.  The story will end with Juliette being right, that the bomb worked.  We also know this to be true because Dr. Marvin Candle is missing his arm in the orientation video--in essence telling us that the bomb worked, and he lost his arm in the nuclear explosion.

The flash sideways stories we are being shown is to give the audience a sense of closure, even though there will never really be final closure, due to the "free choice" faction to life as we know it.

There are 2 sides to everyone in life, and in every situation; one black, one white--Locke told us that long ago.  The story is about Man's inability to be "good" referring us back to the Original Sin of Adam and Eve, which is in our nature.

In the end, Desmond was always The Constant as Daniel Farraday pointed out in the Feb 14 2007 epi of the same name.  It will be Desmond who will guard the Hatch, and happily this time.

AND, we'll also see Kelvin (I hope) again. 

It was a good ride, fellow Lost-a-holics....the writing team has wasted years of our time to tell a story they could've told us in 3 seasons.  Then again, that's the beauty of television.  They've kept us intrigued and kept our attention tenfold, over any other story.

<the end>

I have enjoyed our time together, my Lost-a-holic friends--feel free to flame away....  but this is how the story will end.  There is simply no other way to conclude the story.

sad it's ending cheers
*Des8

PS)  hello Juggie, DebDeb, JR, Geronimo, Carlay, Thlay et all.  I have totally enjoyed our time together.  To Sledge, thank you for being so kind to provide this forum for us dorks who love LOST.  See you after the plane crash, my friends :)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:23:39 AM by Desmond8MyPopRocks »

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How LOST will end---<the end>
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:27:40 AM »
One more thing before I forget--LOST is about all of us, and what we are each capable of, to protect what we each believe needs to be protected.  Sayid protected Nadia, Charlie protected Claire, Locke protected Helen AND himself.... Jack ultimately protected his son, Kate protected Aaron, and Claire couldn't live without knowing she could protect Aaron from harm.

Mr Eko died because he protected his brother....Ana Lucia died because she tried to protect herself in the jungle.  Ultimately, we sacrifice a little piece of ourselves for everyone we love and protect---and the outcome isn't always in Man's favor.

Good luck, friends, and enjoy :)

cheers
*Des8

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How LOST will end---<the end>
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
Better yet, let's pretend they were all in a Target or a Verizon commercial, really living in purgatory the whole time ;)

Cheers
*Des8