Author Topic: Random Q's that wont be answered  (Read 1632 times)

Offline frasier9

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Random Q's that wont be answered
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
If the ghostly people are either dead or MIB takeovers, how did Walt turn into one when he was clearly alive in the custody of the others?
Do you remember when the hatch doors crushed Locke's legs and then a parachute was delivered with a bunch of Dharma food?  Being that Dharma was gone for a while, who delivered that by parachute?
Seemingly, MIB only took over Lockes image when they returned to the island.  How then did he have all the information about Ben murdering him as he confronted him as soon as Ben regained consciensness.
Originally the smokey thing was introduced as a security system and clearly had a mechanical sound attached to it.  i assume we just have to forget about that, right?
CLaire was told that terrible things would happen to her child if she wasnt the one to raise him, so obviously she didnt raise him, what terrible things happened to Aron?
Didnt Walt have his own mysterious powers?  whatever happened to that story?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Random Q's that wont be answered
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »
If the ghostly people are either dead or MIB takeovers, how did Walt turn into one when he was clearly alive in the custody of the others? I feel it will be explained that Walt has the ability to utilize the powers of the island without being the LEADER. May not know it though

Do you remember when the hatch doors crushed Locke's legs and then a parachute was delivered with a bunch of Dharma food?  Being that Dharma was gone for a while, who delivered that by parachute? We have seen that our island exists in a bit of a time flux there. Remember Faraday's little experiment? Could have been sent at any time and because of the flux

Seemingly, MIB only took over Lockes image when they returned to the island.  How then did he have all the information about Ben murdering him as he confronted him as soon as Ben regained consciensness. We know MiB has scanned people before, it can be assumed that MiB absorbs memories of the people who it impersonates.

Originally the smokey thing was introduced as a security system and clearly had a mechanical sound attached to it.  i assume we just have to forget about that, right? Introduced as a Security System by people who only had THAT as an explanaition because they thought it was all that COULD be. If they had run ins with it outside of their perimeter they may FEEL it is the Island's Security System

CLaire was told that terrible things would happen to her child if she wasnt the one to raise him, so obviously she didnt raise him, what terrible things happened to Aron? The Psychic caught a glimpse of the flash sideways comingled with visions of the Island time. He knew that she must raise her child. Then after seeing more visions he realized that the only way for the SideLinetm to happen was if she got on the plane, he bought her a ticket.

Didnt Walt have his own mysterious powers?  whatever happened to that story?  See question 1.

Your friendly neighborhood answer guy.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:08:37 PM »
If the ghostly people are either dead or MIB takeovers, how did Walt turn into one when he was clearly alive in the custody of the others?
Who knows what that was - one theory I read that I liked is that this was the version of Walt from the sunken island, but who knows?  Probably won't be answered, but maybe
Do you remember when the hatch doors crushed Locke's legs and then a parachute was delivered with a bunch of Dharma food?  Being that Dharma was gone for a while, who delivered that by parachute?
I think the prev. poster is correct - its the time flux related to Farraday's experiment.  That, or for some reason Dharma on the mainland isn't aware that on-Island Dharma is gone - maybe they think an accident happened and so communications are cut off, but they keep sending the food just in case.
Seemingly, MIB only took over Lockes image when they returned to the island.  How then did he have all the information about Ben murdering him as he confronted him as soon as Ben regained consciensness.
Flocke was staring at unconcious Ben for quite a while before ben woke up.  Presumably Flocke could have scanned him then.
Originally the smokey thing was introduced as a security system and clearly had a mechanical sound attached to it.  i assume we just have to forget about that, right?
Well, the idea that Smokey was a security system seemed to be speculation on Danielle's part, but was probably consistent with the behavior she'd seen from him up until that point, and her not knowing anything more about his true origins
CLaire was told that terrible things would happen to her child if she wasnt the one to raise him, so obviously she didnt raise him, what terrible things happened to Aron?
Remains to be seen.  I think maybe the pyschic was a red-herring of sorts.  He spooked Claire and ultimately lead her to get on the plane.  But simply because he gave her that warning, should we take it to be an accurate warning?  He was just a pyscic after all.  Also, I think he was saying that bad things would happen if Claire didn't raise him herself, not that the bad things would necessarily happen to her or to Aaron.  But that episode was so long ago I don't remember exactly.
Didnt Walt have his own mysterious powers?  whatever happened to that story?
He sure seemed to.  Never got explained, probably won't be getting explained

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 06:23:56 PM »
I feel it will be explained that Walt has the ability to utilize the powers of the island without being the LEADER. May not know it though

We have seen that our island exists in a bit of a time flux there. Remember Faraday's little experiment? Could have been sent at any time and because of the flux

We know MiB has scanned people before, it can be assumed that MiB absorbs memories of the people who it impersonates.

Introduced as a Security System by people who only had THAT as an explanaition because they thought it was all that COULD be. If they had run ins with it outside of their perimeter they may FEEL it is the Island's Security System

The Psychic caught a glimpse of the flash sideways comingled with visions of the Island time. He knew that she must raise her child. Then after seeing more visions he realized that the only way for the SideLinetm to happen was if she got on the plane, he bought her a ticket.

See question 1.

Your friendly neighborhood answer guy.

1. I don't think anything concerning Walt will be explained at this point. He has stopped being a viable part of the show for a LONG time now. So the original question will most likely remain one that "won't be answered".

2. I thought about the time flux as well as a possible answer...but if it WAS a time flux, it was one helluva long one lol. Minutes, hours and days of time flux, yeah, we saw that. But in order for the food drop to have happened within a logical time frame of when Dharma was last in operation, that would be something like a 10 year time flux. That's harder to buy into.

3. I agree about Smokie scanning Locke's thoughts when he inhabited his body.

4. The problem, though, is that tv shows and movies use character's opinions and viewpoints to help the viewing audience understand what's happening better. So I think it would be disingenuous of the writers to have a character who has been on the island for 16 years explain to the crash survivors--and thus to us watching--that Smokie is there to protect the island, and even give us constant examples of Smokie doing just that...only to 5 years later say "Whoops, I guess she was wrong, huh?" lol. And if they ARE going to do that, at least give us a more concrete answer to what Smokie really is in its place.

5. You really didn't say WHY Claire must raise Aaron, though. The psychic saw both timelines (or something like that) and...what, exactly, did he see that made him shell out money from his own pocket in order to make sure Claire crashed on the island? Especially when it turned out that having Claire crash on the island lead exactly to Aaron NOT being raised by her? lol...Nah, the whole psychic episode has not been made any clearer over the seasons, and has actually gotten murkier.

6. Again, Walt is long gone from the proceedings. He's no longer a factor in any of this (unless the writers manage to pull something incredible out of their asses at the last minute lol). I could understand why Dharma might want to "study" Walt and his alleged abilities, but not the Others. They seemed to want any child, not just those with "powers". I still think Walt's growth spurt is what caused his storyline to die out far more than anything. If Walt had continued to look like a 12 year old they would have involved him far more than they ended up doing.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »
I have a question: Why were Ilana and her team on the Ajira plane that crashed?

Apparently they didn't know about Locke and his body being dead. When Ilana saw Locke up and walking around, she didn't know who he was and went and got some other guy and told her that everyone else was confused by his presence there as well. Yet later on after FLocke left and went over to the main island, Ilana and her team are seen carrying a mysterious case, a case that ended up containing Locke's body in it. So are we to assume that once they somehow found Locke's body, they put 2 and 2 together and realized the Locke walking around was, in fact, Smokie? If so, that means that delivering Locke's body to the Others and Jacob was not the reason they were there. So why WERE they there to begin with?

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »

Apparently they didn't know about Locke and his body being dead. When Ilana saw Locke up and walking around, she didn't know who he was and went and got some other guy and told her that everyone else was confused by his presence there as well. Yet later on after FLocke left and went over to the main island, Ilana and her team are seen carrying a mysterious case, a case that ended up containing Locke's body in it. So are we to assume that once they somehow found Locke's body, they put 2 and 2 together and realized the Locke walking around was, in fact, Smokie? If so, that means that delivering Locke's body to the Others and Jacob was not the reason they were there. So why WERE they there to begin with?

Jacob sent for them. He knew that the 815ers were coming back on the Aljira flight and bringing Locke's body. Jacob operates on a very need to know basis. He just puts people in situations where he thinks they'll be most useful and steps back.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »

Jacob sent for them. He knew that the 815ers were coming back on the Aljira flight and bringing Locke's body. Jacob operates on a very need to know basis. He just puts people in situations where he thinks they'll be most useful and steps back.

It's too bad he didn't want to fill them in some ahead of time lol. It could have possibly avoided a lot of agony and death if he had. In fact, Jacob would still be alive if he had, because Ben would have known from the start that it's not Locke, and he might have even guessed that it was not Alex in the temple as well.