Author Topic: Foreshadowing?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Foreshadowing?
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
Is Jacob's brother's unconcious trip down into the light cave a foreshadowing for one of our Losties? Does the new candidate accidently push one of the Losties down the cave...and the cycle then starts again?

Kind of creepy but it seems like something the writers could do....

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Foreshadowing?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
My idea, since seeing the cave, is that this is the very reason Desmond is so important.  Widmore needs him to do something that no one else can do in order to defeat MIB.  MIB knows that Desmond can keep him from his goal in a way no one else can, even the new Jacob.  Desmond's abilities will come into play again in a way somehow related to the power of the light.  I'm still a little confused, though, about what electromagnetic energy has to do with water and light.  I'm hoping they connect these pieces for us.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:04:21 AM »
My idea, since seeing the cave, is that this is the very reason Desmond is so important.   Widmore needs him to do something that no one else can do in order to defeat MIB.  MIB knows that Desmond can keep him from his goal in a way no one else can, even the new Jacob.  Desmond's abilities will come into play again in a way somehow related to the power of the light.  I'm still a little confused, though, about what electromagnetic energy has to do with water and light.  I'm hoping they connect these pieces for us.

Exactly.  Desmond could survive a trip over the Log Flume of Light.  That's why we need him.  That's his "purpose"... it's why "the island needs him" as Eloise would say.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
I believe too that Desmond is there to get the light, but not to defeat MIB, just to get it for Widmore, who is one
of the people that wants more of it.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »
Yeah there is a chance that Widmore wants the Light for some alternative purpose, but I really don't think Desmond is going to willingly go get it for him.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »
I think Widmore was power hungry back when his first priority was retaking the island from Ben at all costs, but I think he has since seen the error of his ways.  It's obvious his main adversary now is MIB and he doesn't seem to care much about what Ben is up to.  In other words, he has 'seen the light'!  Oh, that was even painful for me to re-read!   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:40:05 AM »
My idea, since seeing the cave, is that this is the very reason Desmond is so important. 

When I first read this, my brain hurt and my nose started to bleed. Then again, the doctor said I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I just kept my finger out of there.

I really really really like this predicition, Brotha.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:49:31 AM »
right on, Lost F.
My idea, since seeing the cave, is that this is the very reason Desmond is so important.  Widmore needs him to do something that no one else can do in order to defeat MIB.  MIB knows that Desmond can keep him from his goal in a way no one else can, even the new Jacob.  Desmond's abilities will come into play again in a way somehow related to the power of the light.  I'm still a little confused, though, about what electromagnetic energy has to do with water and light.  I'm hoping they connect these pieces for us.

Nice, LostF.  Nice post.  :)

cheers
*Des8