Author Topic: How is MIB Evil?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How is MIB Evil?
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
MIB's dead bro.... sorry it doesnt compute... he's currently in the cave next to his fake mom if you want to go see him... but smokey is just a security device that USES human forms after they have passed on and can only use previous thoughts or ideas, he cant form ideas from  that point on based upon what he "thinks" mib would have done....

You are completely ignoring the answers given to you. Damon and Carlton came out and told you exactly whats going on. They ARE the writers of the show. They are the only ones who truly know the characters motives, and what has become of them. They are still referring to The Smoke as MiB. It IS MiB. You keep posting the same response like it is somehow going to change the fact that you are COMPLETELY wrong. Not just kind of wrong, or probably wrong. 100% incorrect.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
Jacob is Jacob and his brother is the smokemonster.
Jacob wanted something worse than dead happen to his brother and pushed him in the
light. Than he took his body. But his brother is still there as smoke and can use his own image
or other dead people's images to appear.
He wants to kill Jacob, but he can't, like Jacob couldn't kill him and he finds a loophole to kill him
using Locke.
I don't see why Smoky isn't the same being as Jacob's brother. He still is trying to find a way to leave the island.
He is still trying to prove Jacob wrong, who says that he cannot leave the island. He told his mother was insane,
he told that his best friend (Jacob) betrayed him, he told that he knew how it was to be human and feel. Jacob gives
him the stone and the wine. They play a game together with candidates, like they played with stones.
Even in Locke's body he talks like MIB. He knows who build the wells and why.

Oz. I for one can positively say that if ANYONE here was going to have your back in this debate it would be OPG. But she, as always, expresses her point well and this time it is dead on accurate. Well put OP

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »
Jacob is Jacob and his brother is the smokemonster.
Jacob wanted something worse than dead happen to his brother and pushed him in the
light. Than he took his body. But his brother is still there as smoke and can use his own image
or other dead people's images to appear.
He wants to kill Jacob, but he can't, like Jacob couldn't kill him and he finds a loophole to kill him
using Locke.
I don't see why Smoky isn't the same being as Jacob's brother. He still is trying to find a way to leave the island.
He is still trying to prove Jacob wrong, who says that he cannot leave the island. He told his mother was insane,
he told that his best friend (Jacob) betrayed him, he told that he knew how it was to be human and feel. Jacob gives
him the stone and the wine. They play a game together with candidates, like they played with stones.
Even in Locke's body he talks like MIB. He knows who build the wells and why.

Oz. I for one can positively say that if ANYONE here was going to have your back in this debate it would be OPG. But she, as always, expresses her point well and this time it is dead on accurate. Well put OP

Well said!

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 11:43:13 AM »
Good to finally reach at least some level of consensus. Smokey is a vehicle for MIB. Sure, MIB might have gotten more cynic during the 2000 years of being entrapped by Jacob, more willing to do immoral acts. We can forgive Jacob, since he did it out of rage, and didn't actually know what he is doing, but I don't think his brother can. And, while smokey has become a ruthless killer in order to become free again (Rousseau's crew, pilot, Yemi, and now our losties, yet strangely he spared Keamy), he doesn't seem like "evil incarnate" to me.

So either the whole evil thing is all in Jacob's mind, or MIB escaping would involuntarily cause the end of the word, by bringing the "light" outside of the island. MIB never seemed interested in power (unlike Jacob, Ben, Widmore, Locke), he had one goal: to get across the sea, so I don't see him becoming a bloody dictator, maybe more of a "Dr. Manhattan" figure or a loner. His only guilt (before becoming Smokey) is curiosity (OK, he killed his mom, but it wasn't exactly for nothing).

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »
Good to finally reach at least some level of consensus. Smokey is a vehicle for MIB. Sure, MIB might have gotten more cynic during the 2000 years of being entrapped by Jacob, more willing to do immoral acts. We can forgive Jacob, since he did it out of rage, and didn't actually know what he is doing, but I don't think his brother can. And, while smokey has become a ruthless killer in order to become free again (Rousseau's crew, pilot, Yemi, and now our losties, yet strangely he spared Keamy), he doesn't seem like "evil incarnate" to me.

I choose to look at this differently. I still think the Light sucked all the good out of him and left us with only the bad, so I am still on the "Evil Incarnate" train, butwill agree that he wasn't born that way.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:24 AM »
The light is inside him. Locke saw it looking at the smokemonster. Eko only saw black smoke.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
The light is inside him. Locke saw it looking at the smokemonster. Eko only saw black smoke.

I'll even allow this one as a way it went down. Maybe the Balance effect is evident here too. He contains SO MUCH Light, that it compensates and gives him SO MUCH dark in the form of the Smoke monster. Yet another reason why he can't be allowed to leave the island. You're on a roll OPG