Author Topic: Desmond and Jack tag team MIB  (Read 3024 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Desmond and Jack tag team MIB
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:40:56 PM »
The theories section has been pretty stale lately and since we're at the end, I'm just putting this here instead.  After watching 'Across The Sea', I'm convinced that the light and water is what will be used to trap or kill MIB.  Jack will become the protector of the island and will lead Desmond to the light cave.  Desmond will somehow be able to use his unique abilities to sink the island, trapping MIB.  Then, although many here have dreaded the thought, the ATL will be the 'happily ever after' reward for all the hard work and sacrifice everyone endured.

Along the way, we may also see Jacob's ashes being used to contain MIB so that this plan can be played out.  And I think we will also be shown that the whole purpose of containing MIB is because if MIB leaves the island, the balance of light and dark will be disturbed, the light will be extinguished, and life everywhere will cease to exist. 

That's it, I think I'm done thinking until next Sunday, my head hurts and my nose has started bleeding!   ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond and Jack tag team MIB
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
The theories section has been pretty stale lately and since we're at the end, I'm just putting this here instead.  After watching 'Across The Sea', I'm convinced that the light and water is what will be used to trap or kill MIB.  Jack will become the protector of the island and will lead Desmond to the light cave.  Desmond will somehow be able to use his unique abilities to sink the island, trapping MIB.  Then, although many here have dreaded the thought, the ATL will be the 'happily ever after' reward for all the hard work and sacrifice everyone endured.

Along the way, we may also see Jacob's ashes being used to contain MIB so that this plan can be played out.  And I think we will also be shown that the whole purpose of containing MIB is because if MIB leaves the island, the balance of light and dark will be disturbed, the light will be extinguished, and life everywhere will cease to exist. 

That's it, I think I'm done thinking until next Sunday, my head hurts and my nose has started bleeding!   ;D

Thumbs in the northernly direction.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
Sweet.... I concur, except:

I'm thinking that Ben takes the caretaker job. Jack may be Jacob's choice (as Jacob's brother seemed to have been mom's choice), but I'm guessing that Jack falls short (as Jacob's brother did) and Ben steps in at the end (reluctantly).... fire away Gridley!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »

I'm thinking that Ben takes the caretaker job. Jack may be Jacob's choice (as Jacob's brother seemed to have been mom's choice), but I'm guessing that Jack falls short (as Jacob's brother did) and Ben steps in at the end (reluctantly).... fire away Gridley!

It would seem fitting for Ben and Richard to have the island but it probably will be Jack. In season 5, the first episode, Ben tells Jack to pack everything he would ever wants into his suitcase because he will never be coming back. I think that pretty much tells us that it's going to be Jack.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »

It would seem fitting for Ben and Richard to have the island but it probably will be Jack. In season 5, the first episode, Ben tells Jack to pack everything he would ever wants into his suitcase because he will never be coming back. I think that pretty much tells us that it's going to be Jack.

I agree with you here. I've been pretty convinced it was going to be Jack. I mean, the very first shot of the show was Jack's eyeball. However, some of my favorite moments in Lost have been when the totally unexpected happens. (We have to go back, Kate!) So, if it's not Jack, maybe that line from Ben was forshadowing Jack's death. After 6 seasons, I've learned that we may have our theories about what we are seeing, but never take any option off the table.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »
After watching 'Across The Sea', I'm convinced that the light and water is what will be used to trap or kill MIB. 

I agree with this.  I told some of my Lost buddies at lunch yesterday that I think Desmond's ability to live through exposure to the electromagnetism will be key -- he and Jack will work together and will lead Smokey on a merry chase through the jungle -- Smokey will be trying to kill them (the last two left, probably.)    Desmond will then plunge into the "light spring" and Smokey will chase after him, not realizing where he is.  Smokey will somehow be trapped there within the light, and Desmond will swim back up to the surface and grin at Jack and say something like "See ya in anotha life, brotha" and then something will happen (still fuzzy on this part, LOL) and *boom* they will be in the Alt-timeline, and somehow we'll get to see Jack's eye close.

Maybe.   ;D

Oh, and then we'll see another totally different plane with totally different people on it, flying over another totally different island, and there will be turbulence and everyone will look around at each other all alarmed... and it'll end.    (Or maybe we'll actually get to see them crash, I dunno.  There must be a reason they're re-airing Episode One right before the finale...)  Anyway, the deal will be that like Flocke said "There are other places and other wells" and this new island will also have the light-force.  So it'll be The End for OUR story and OUR Losties, but it'll still be that "Wha...?" ending...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:53:37 AM by Madam P »

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:05 AM »
After watching 'Across The Sea', I'm convinced that the light and water is what will be used to trap or kill MIB. 

I agree with this.  I told some of my Lost buddies at lunch yesterday that I think Desmond's ability to live through exposure to the electromagnetism will be key -- he and Jack will work together and will lead Smokey on a merry chase through the jungle -- Smokey will be trying to kill them (the last two left, probably.)    Desmond will then plunge into the "light spring" and Smokey will chase after him, not realizing where he is.  Smokey will somehow be trapped there within the light, and Desmond will swim back up to the surface and grin at Jack and say something like "See ya in anotha life, brotha" and then something will happen (still fuzzy on this part, LOL) and *boom* they will be in the Alt-timeline, and somehow we'll get to see Jack's eye close.

Maybe.   ;D

Oh, and then we'll see another totally different plane with totally different people on it, flying over another totally different island, and there will be turbulence and everyone will look around at each other all alarmed... and it'll end.    (Or maybe we'll actually get to see them crash, I dunno.  There must be a reason they're re-airing Episode One right before the finale...)  Anyway, the deal will be that like Flocke said "There are other places and other wells" and this new island will also have the light-force.  So it'll be The End for OUR story and OUR Losties, but it'll still be that "Wha...?" ending...

Awesome!! I can totally see this happening!  :)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »

Maybe.   ;D

Yeah I kind of like this ending, and it may be that the Fake crash is happening in the ALT, but I have an issue that if the Light is something whose existance needs to be protected, I struggle with how sinking the island and all would accompplish that. I get that it would eliminate MiB, but these two objectives seem to have conflicting means. I'll be alright if this happens, but I feel that at least one of the Losties is going to have to translort to the new Island and protect that Light when all is said and done.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »
I'll be alright if this happens, but I feel that at least one of the Losties is going to have to transport to the new Island and protect that Light when all is said and done.

Good point.  I can go along with that.  Maybe Jack will be the only one on the 2nd plane that we recognize, and everyone else's face will have a "WTH?" expression, and Jack's will have an "Oh, sh*t, we're not going to Guam" expression.

I have this weird feeling that maybe Our Island isn't going to sink.  TPTB have talked about how people aren't going to like the "sideways" timeline after all is said and done.  I'm wondering if it's not going to turn out to be "what happens if Smokey is defeated" but rather "Yeah, this is something that we could've done, but it didn't really happen at all." 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
I'll be alright if this happens, but I feel that at least one of the Losties is going to have to transport to the new Island and protect that Light when all is said and done.

Good point.  I can go along with that.  Maybe Jack will be the only one on the 2nd plane that we recognize, and everyone else's face will have a "WTH?" expression, and Jack's will have an "Oh, sh*t, we're not going to Guam" expression.

I have this weird feeling that maybe Our Island isn't going to sink.  TPTB have talked about how people aren't going to like the "sideways" timeline after all is said and done.  I'm wondering if it's not going to turn out to be "what happens if Smokey is defeated" but rather "Yeah, this is something that we could've done, but it didn't really happen at all." 

Yeah I kind of want both to exist because I like the Multiple universes. I think some (read most) of our Losties are going to live out in the SideLinetm with one or two carrying up the mantle of being the Island Protectors.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
I was thinking that since they have the ATL and they are remembering, everyone that is still alive could go down with the island and perish in that timeline.  The submerged island in the ATL would no longer need protecting.  Then, if they want to leave us with an 'uh oh' moment and leave room for a continuation, they could hint somehow that Smokey/MIB/Flocke is only trapped on the sunken island and not dead.  Something could happen to show that the island will eventually rise again, such as a volcanic eruption as if the island was 'reaching' for the surface to one day draw more people and bring new chances for MIB to be free.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »
Wow, you paint a vivid picture, LF.   ;)  I can see it already.  I'm picturing it like that statue that used to be in D.C. entitled "The Awakening"...

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 04:23:57 PM »
Great finale possibilities submitted here.  I like Desmond's saying to Jack " see you in another life brotha" and going into the lightcave with Smokey.  I would think he would not come out.  Do you all the think that Rose, Bernard, and my favorite Vincent plus the kids and Cindy and Miles, Ben and Richard, etc will just all die?
If the island sinks could they just not all leave on the Elizabeth?  How about leaving via the donkey wheel?  Perhaps Smokey will get retrapped in the light cave
and in the end a plane goes over the island and they see our island just disappear...
via the donkey wheel.
I agree that Jacob's ashes will be important to the containment of Smokey..
Of course we could all be wrong and the last scene you see might be seeing Locke
walking down the streets of a big city and we are left to wonder whether it is Flocke or Locke...the end.
I would love a happy ending with Vincent back with Walt, Sun and Jin with their daughter  Claire with Aaron,  Juliet meets Sawyer etc.  Of course any way I see it Kate ends up in jail..  But for the happy  ending stories on the show that were so heartfelt ,somehow I see no Disney ending  for the last episode of this show.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »
Perhaps Smokey will get retrapped in the light cave

By retrapped, I think of course you mean (just) trapped. He has never yet been trapped in the light cave. He was created from all the darkness and evil in MiB after all the good was sucked out by the Light. Just saying.   ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »
Perhaps Smokey will get retrapped in the light cave

By retrapped, I think of course you mean (just) trapped. He has never yet been trapped in the light cave. He was created from all the darkness and evil in MiB after all the good was sucked out by the Light. Just saying.   ;D

I disagree -- I think he was in there all the time and got released when MIB "fell in."  (or are you being sarcastic and jerking our chains?   ;D)  But of course, you could be correct!  We don't know yet!   :)