Author Topic: Moving the Island  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Barringer

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Moving the Island
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:19:45 AM »
I apologize if this is the wrong forum:

In season 4 after the freighter arrived, Christian -- with Claire, thus establishing it to be the smoke monster -- told Locke that he had to move the island. He didn't say how, he didn't tell Locke he had to die, he didn't tell Locke to reunite and bring the Oceanic 6 back to the island, namely because they hadn't left the island yet.

This does not gel with the smoke monster's true intention to have Locke die off the island, and then for his body to return to the island for the loophole. Was the smoke monster prescient enough to know that Ben would be the one to turn the wheel, rather than Locke? Or is this just a lack of foresight by the writers? I suspect the latter, simply because even at the beginning of season 5, when Locke first meets up with Richard, the scene was written as though Richard knew what was going on, only for it to be revealed at the other end of that scenario that "Locke" was simply telling him what to say.

Am I overlooking something that could explain this?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Moving the Island
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
I honestly don't remember Christian ever telling Locke he had to move the Island.  Epi?

When did Smokey say it was his intention that Locke die off island?  If you recall, it was Ben who tried to kill Locke off island.  There is also no evidence to suggest that Smokey was ever Anthony Cooper--only that Ben brought Anthony Cooper back to the Island in the "Magic Box."

Just random thoughts on unfinished business I don't think can be answered in 2.5 hours left of the season...

cheers
*Des8

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Moving the Island
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
Christian told Locke to move the island in season 4. Then in season 5 when Christian meets him at the bottom of the well he tells Locke that he, not Ben, was to have moved the island. Then Christian (MIB) tells Locke all he has to do off-island.
The whole scenerio confused me as well since it would almost seem as if Ben and MIB were working together. The only thing I can think to answer is that MIB manipulated Ben into thinking he was taking orders from Jacob when it was in fact MIB.