Author Topic: Mommy's alright, Jacob's alright, they just seem a little weird...  (Read 1869 times)

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Fake mom kills real mom. Fake mom raises real mom's twins.  Fake mom likes MIB better but he wants the light to leave the island more than he wants to protect it.  Fake also mom has a death wish.  She gives Jacob her job and manipulates MIB into a murderous rage.  She thanks MIB for killing her.  Jacob flips and flushes him down the tunnel of love and out pops Smokey.  ALL THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND NEEDS NO FURTHER EXPLANATION - but just in case you cannot figure ANYTHING out, we will show you at the end of the episode Jack and Kate finding mommy and MIB's bodies...  DUUUHHHH!!!!   Sorry for the rant.  I love LOST but felt let down by the BIG explanation in Across the Sea.  With two more episodes including The End, I am not feeling hopeful.  I do not need to know everything but at least make those things you choose to reveal interesting and with a little more depth.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy's alright, Jacob's alright, they just seem a little weird...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
I think we already have a thread (or two) dedicated to complaining about this episode.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
I'm with you, jkbeaulieu.  I just don't want to be disappointed like I was over the last few episodes.

Offline golfstrom

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »
ALL THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND NEEDS NO FURTHER EXPLANATION - but just in case you cannot figure ANYTHING out, we will show you at the end of the episode Jack and Kate finding mommy and MIB's bodies...  DUUUHHHH!!!! 

I felt the same.
It was like someone poking me and saying "Get it now?!". I mean, people want answers but that doesn't mean they're idiots.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »
After hearing their explanation for including that scene, it doesn't bother me anymore.