Author Topic: Candidate Sawyer and Candidate Sheppard  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Candidate Sawyer and Candidate Sheppard
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »
I hadn't seen this anywhere here, but it seems to me that Sawyer is the candidate to replace MIB (wants to leave the island) and Sheppard is the candidate to replace Jacob (wants to stay). 

Trash at will.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Candidate Sawyer and Candidate Sheppard
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »
so what now jack is going to throw sawyer into the light  ???
 jacob trashing mib reminded me of sawyer thrashing jack in incident

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:23 AM »
I would agree, but I think the only crash survivor that is going to make it all the way to the end is going to be Jack. Whatever happens will be a big struggle between Jack and Locke/MiB.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »
After last night's episode, I think that the concept of there being a replacement for MiB is sort of nixed.  Jacob is given the mission of protecting the island until he can find someone to replace him.  But there's no notion that MiB is intended not to be permanent, etc.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Bring MIB back to the light and maybe he is defeated?

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
Heh, actually this reminds me of Lord of The Rings - return the ring to the place it was created (Mt. Doom) - only there can it be destroyed.

Return Smokey back to the light, only there can he be destroyed?  Maybe?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
Makes sense to me. But Lost making sense is kind of an oxymoron.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
I would agree, but I think the only crash survivor that is going to make it all the way to the end is going to be Jack. Whatever happens will be a big struggle between Jack and Locke/MiB.

I think both jack and Desmond will play a hand in defeating MIB.  Desmond will be the only one able to bring him into the light without being destroyed himself.

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:22:16 PM »
I like this theory, they have been moving us in this direction for a bit now.

I think both jack and Desmond will play a hand in defeating MIB.  Desmond will be the only one able to bring him into the light without being destroyed himself.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »
Heh, actually this reminds me of Lord of The Rings - return the ring to the place it was created (Mt. Doom) - only there can it be destroyed.

One doesn't simply smoke float into the Spring of Light

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »

One doesn't simply smoke float into the Spring of Light

No.  But one could go into the Spring of Light on one's own, and Smoke might follow, not knowing that it would be destroyed there.

I could see either Desmond or Sawyer or Hurley or Jack doing this.  Desmond might be the only one who could survive it, because of his "specialness" or whatever when it comes to big bright flashes of light.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
I'm thinking it's not the light that will stop MIB but the water.  He has a problem with water.  So if they can trap him somewhere like a cave where they can flood it with water, that should do it.  Gee, too bad they can't figure out a way to sink the whole island.........wait a minute......... ;)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
I'm thinking it's not the light that will stop MIB but the water.  He has a problem with water.  So if they can trap him somewhere like a cave where they can flood it with water, that should do it.  Gee, too bad they can't figure out a way to sink the whole island.........wait a minute......... ;)

But wasn't smokey residing in the light cave (filled with water)? Smokey has also been seen in the rain. How do we know he is repelled by water?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 11:48:36 AM »

But wasn't smokey residing in the light cave (filled with water)? Smokey has also been seen in the rain. How do we know he is repelled by water?

We don't, some of us are just taking a throw away line that Sawyer said, and making it mean way more than we know it to.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:53:11 AM by BobBX542 »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »

We don't know for sure if Smokey was in the cave and released when MIB went in or if MIB 'became' Smokey (another mystery!).  I read spoilers last week that said this episode would show us how Smokey was 'created', so I'm going on that clue and assuming that this was the first time Smokey existed.
As for the water, we were given the impression that Flocke couldn't fly over to the other island as the smoke monster to kill everyone, that he had to go over in physical form.  There's been debate that Smokey is somehow 'tethered' to the island and he may only be able to leave in a physical form.  This got me thinking that the purpose of sinking the island would be to trap him once and for all.  With no phsical means to leave, and the inability to travel over or through water (remember Ben's lame drain plug scene) Smokey would be trapped or killed on the submerged island.  Also, the idea that he can't die and would just be trapped leaves open the idea that he somehow could escape if the island ever rose again.  Imagine a dive expedition in the future where someone thinks they've found Atlantis and they inadvertantly provide Smokey with a way to 'come up for air'.  I hope they don't leave the show on a cliffhanger like this, but who knows, they may decide to make a movie instead after all!