Author Topic: wow wow wow  (Read 7761 times)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: wow wow wow
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
I get what you are saying, it makes a lot of sense, but Jacob is immortal, right? He doesn't need a replacement, he just wants one so he can finally die. He created the premises of his own death by bringing people to the island. MIB apparently doesn't have the power to bring people to the island. So the island doesn't really need a protector. Sure, we can argue that people can stiil come to the island without Jacob's interferance.

But I'm wondering about one thing: If Jacob wants out, why did he not tell Richard "kill me, and then become my replacement; you do want to live forever, so that you won't go to hell, right?". Yeah, Richard is not a candidate, but couldn't Jacob make him one? Doesn't J make his own rules by now?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
I dont think Jacob wanted out at all. Also remember Jacob Is NOT immortal due to the fact the Ben killing him kind of rules out that possibility. Dead is Dead. I digress. I don't think he knew how MiB would find his loophole...

mid-sentence this dawned on me.

What if Jacob brings people to the island only after other people are already on the island. Remember the cycle just before the Losties was a result of Dharma apparently finding a way to come and go from the island, so it is not JUST Jacob who brings people there. If we are to assume that Jacob brought the plane to the island, can it not also be assumed that it may have been to counteract the others who still on the Island and taking their orders from someone (MiB IMO) who was using the cabin? If we feel that MiB was using the cabin and getting involved with the Others (Which Jacob doesn't do) can it be assumed that eventually he would make an attempt to have Jacob killed and leave the island? So he brings a plane to the Island that is filled with candidates to replace him. He knows that one of them will most likely be the one and that this will be the cycle in which he dies. He knows this because MiB is using the Cabin to turn Jacobs own followers against him (Speculation of course). 

The only time we KNOW Jacob brought people to the island was th scene on the beach. All other times people may have found it by accident.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »
I dont think Jacob wanted out at all. Also remember Jacob Is NOT immortal due to the fact the Ben killing him kind of rules out that possibility. Dead is Dead. I digress. I don't think he knew how MiB would find his loophole...

What if Jacob brings people to the island only after other people are already on the island. Remember the cycle just before the Losties was a result of Dharma apparently finding a way to come and go from the island, so it is not JUST Jacob who brings people there. If we are to assume that Jacob brought the plane to the island, can it not also be assumed that it may have been to counteract the others who still on the Island and taking their orders from someone (MiB IMO) who was using the cabin? If we feel that MiB was using the cabin and getting involved with the Others (Which Jacob doesn't do) can it be assumed that eventually he would make an attempt to have Jacob killed and leave the island? So he brings a plane to the Island that is filled with candidates to replace him. He knows that one of them will most likely be the one and that this will be the cycle in which he dies. He knows this because MiB is using the Cabin to turn Jacobs own followers against him (Speculation of course). 

The only time we KNOW Jacob brought people to the island was th scene on the beach. All other times people may have found it by accident.

THIS is the logical thinking I like to hear IAJ.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »

I like this, but I thougth that it was stated that the reason the plane crashed was because of Desmond. Perhaps he had a hand in making sure the candidates were on the plane, but wasn't it the Swan meltdown the reason it crashed?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »

THIS is the logical thinking I like to hear IAJ.

HAHA. Yeah it balances out just like the island. First I have an awful idea, and then I have a pretty good one.  ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
I like this, but I thougth that it was stated that the reason the plane crashed was because of Desmond. Perhaps he had a hand in making sure the candidates were on the plane, but wasn't it the Swan meltdown the reason it crashed?

Yeah but if we are lead to believe that Jacob had a hand in placing the plane over the island at that exact moment then maybe that is how he brought them to the island. I still think it is entirely possible that he didn't bring them there, that they would have landed there anyway and he just made some of them candidates, but if he DID bring them there this could be the reasoning behind it instead of him just saying, "I want to play a game."

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »

Yeah but if we are lead to believe that Jacob had a hand in placing the plane over the island at that exact moment then maybe that is how he brought them to the island. I still think it is entirely possible that he didn't bring them there, that they would have landed there anyway and he just made some of them candidates, but if he DID bring them there this could be the reasoning behind it instead of him just saying, "I want to play a game."
Okay I see where you are going.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »
I think Jacob brought 815 to the island, with so many candidates on that flight, he had to have. I like to think he got tired of random boats coming by and hoping to find candidates through luck and said, "You know what, I'm going to do something and bring a whole bunch of candidates at once and get this done once and for all. Gonna build me a lighthouse, and watch the people. Gonna make a list too."
He visited the 815ers, set them on some kind of path to wind up on the plane and CRASH!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
I think Jacob brought 815 to the island, with so many candidates on that flight, he had to have. I like to think he got tired of random boats coming by and hoping to find candidates through luck and said, "You know what, I'm going to do something and bring a whole bunch of candidates at once and get this done once and for all. Gonna build me a lighthouse, and watch the people. Gonna make a list too."
He visited the 815ers, set them on some kind of path to wind up on the plane and CRASH!

Yeah I think the plane would have crashed on the island regardless, and we see the plane in the SideLinetm has all the candidates on there anyway.