Author Topic: Origins of Smokey  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Origins of Smokey
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »
So I got this whacky idea of how smokey came to be. We know were told that inside the Spring of Light lies "Life, death, rebirth, the source" and that there is a little bit of that light inside all men (and women I assume). Where there is light there is dark. If there is light in the Spring, then there is darkness in pefect balance, and a little bit of that darkness lies inside all mankind as well. When MiB went into the spring with the darkness of murdering his "mother" it tipped the scales and the darkness was released in a physical form. The balance of good and evil has been skewed for the last 2,000 years time since Smokey was formed. Mother said the light was the "brightest and warmest", maybe now since Smokey is out it's not so warm. The donkey wheel was frozen after all.

I think we will need a pure hearted person to go into the spring and release a white smoke monster that will fight in an epic battle with MiB and drag him back into the spring putting everything back into balance. OK maybe not that last line but I do think this is how Smokey came to be.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:57:55 AM by Writers_Strike »

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Origins of Smokey
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
That would actually be pretty sweet. If we get to see two smoke monsters battling each other before the end, it will all have been worth it lol.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
why don't everyone go into the light and come out ,   everyone gets a color  ...rainbow colored smokies  ;D

meanwhile i like the idea of the why donkey wheel is frozen

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
why don't everyone go into the light and come out ,   everyone gets a color  ...rainbow colored smokies  ;D

Speaking of Donkey wheel,'

If MIB was knocked out,  The wheel wasnt attached to to anything yet, then the whole was filled in.

who put the wheel in the wall,

And.......  How did one woman, drag MIB's ass out of the well fill in the hole, and kill all those (others) ????

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »

Speaking of Donkey wheel,'

If MIB was knocked out,  The wheel wasnt attached to to anything yet, then the whole was filled in.

who put the wheel in the wall,

And.......  How did one woman, drag MIB's ass out of the well fill in the hole, and kill all those (others) ????

I would assume that obviously she is no ordinary woman, so it probably was no big thing for her to do all the deathing and destructing you know?? As for the FDW, well, once again I'm assuming, have you ever designed something?? You always sketch it out first right?? Maybe somewhere MiB left instructions, and someone else follwed them. I doubt it was one of his people, mainly because they were all killed to death.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »
So I got this whacky idea of how smokey came to be. We know were told that inside the Spring of Light lies "Life, death, rebirth, the source" and that there is a little bit of that light inside all men (and women I assume). Where there is light there is dark. If there is light in the Spring, then there is darkness in pefect balance, and a little bit of that darkness lies inside all mankind as well. When MiB went into the spring with the darkness of murdering his "mother" it tipped the scales and the darkness was released in a physical form. The balance of good and evil has been skewed for the last 2,000 years time since Smokey was formed. Mother said the light was the "brightest and warmest", maybe now since Smokey is out it's not so warm. The donkey wheel was frozen after all.

I think we will need a pure hearted person to go into the spring and release a white smoke monster that will fight in an epic battle with MiB and drag him back into the spring putting everything back into balance. OK maybe not that last line but I do think this is how Smokey came to be.

I had that impression, too, WS -- that Smokey was the "darkness" in the human soul.  The only thing is that I have a hard time reconciling that MIB was really all that "dark" in killing that woman.  I mean, she killed his own mother, then she wiped out a whole village (presumably.  And plus she burned up his Senet game.   ;))   So did MIB "murder" her, or was that just an expedited capital punishment?

LOL, Bob -- "killed to death"...  ;D