Author Topic: So who installed the frozen wheel?  (Read 5285 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: So who installed the frozen wheel?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
If I remember the xray image correctly, it showed half a wheel indicating it was already installed.

Like I just posted. The Wheel was in the wall, behind all of the rock the D.I. was drilling and removing, so they most deffinitely did not put it there.

So with that out of the way,

Who installed it,  and,  how did she, drag him up the ladder, fill in the hole and kill all those other by herself?

**answered by Bob in another thread**

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10963.msg621652.html#msg621652

thanks,
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:10:57 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:19 PM »
If I remember the xray image correctly, it showed half a wheel indicating it was already installed.

Like I just posted. The Wheel was in the wall, behind all of the rock the D.I. was drilling and removing, so they most deffinitely did not put it there.

Wow I missed that post completely, I am getting distracted by pretending to work.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 12:11:26 PM »

Wow I missed that post completely, I am getting distracted by pretending to work.

Nope different thread.,  Your not crazy.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »

So with that out of the way,

Who installed it,  and,  how did she, drag him up the ladder, fill in the hole and kill all those other by herself?

**answered by Bob in another thread**

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10963.msg621652.html#msg621652

thanks,

As for who installed it...ummmmm, Iunno, but the part about his mom makes sense to me anyway.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
Jacob seemed to pretty strong to drag MiB against his will to the Light, maybe being a protector gives you superhuman strength?

"Have no fear, Light Protector-Man is here!"

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
Jacob seemed to pretty strong to drag MiB against his will to the Light, maybe being a protector gives you superhuman strength?

"Have no fear, Light Protector-Man is here!"

DAY-MAN!! FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT-MAN!! CHAMPION OF THE SUN!! YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE, AND FRIENDSHIP FOR EVERYONE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0iKzrqblqQ

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »

Plus, wasn't there a whole lot of Egyptian writings on the wall around the wheel also?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

Plus, wasn't there a whole lot of Egyptian writings on the wall around the wheel also?

I'm not 100% on that, but probably.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »
It seems like the island is never short on people who accidentally got there.  Very possible that the Smoke took on another form to finish what Jacob's brother started in the wheel.  Guess that didn't work out for him anyway since he's still there and all. 

Jacob did seem crazy strong.  At least that leap he took at his brother was pretty impressive.

Bob- check out the deleted song from that musical "It's Nature Sh** Happens" on Youtube if you haven't yet!

Offline cookieshoes

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
I vote for the Egyptians.

Like we've seen with all of the groups on the island so far (Black Rock, British Army, Dharma, Losties), Jacob is able to influence some of them and the MiB is able to influence others.  Some people want to stay and protect the island while others want to desperately leave. So, Jacob got the Egyptians to build the temple/lighthouse/Smokey drain, while MiB got some of them to finish installing the donkey wheel.  Presumably, at some point, Jacob was able to get his side to stop the MiB's plan before he could actually use the wheel. Maybe the wheel being frozen has something to do with that.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »
Whoa good recall about the Smokey drain under the temple wall.  Looking back now at those pictures depicting what looked like the Smoke/Snake chatting it up with an Egyptian goddie thing...
I would say that The smoke took on the form of "whoever" and went about his business with the wheel with the help of the egyptians.  Those pictures show that the Smoke had some interaction with the people there, and they even built a "drain" for the smoke.  Who knows what happened to them after that?  Maybe smokey went postal after the construction was complete and he couldn't achieve his goal of leaving the island.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »

You're right, the worker even said "There's something else down there!" ...they would've known what it was if they put it there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:21:25 PM by R3lient »

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
Han the horizontal wheel (as turned by Ben and Locke) be reconciles with the vertical wheel (as made by Jacob's brother)?  I don't see how they can be seen as the same wheel, but perhaps they are part of the same larger "machine" - gears if you will.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
Han the horizontal wheel (as turned by Ben and Locke) be reconciles with the vertical wheel (as made by Jacob's brother)?  I don't see how they can be seen as the same wheel, but perhaps they are part of the same larger "machine" - gears if you will.

Zeek, sometimes I think you post these things just to get people to challenge you. Do you really think they are different wheels??

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »

Zeek, sometimes I think you post these things just to get people to challenge you. Do you really think they are different wheels??

This