Author Topic: So who destroyed the well and camp?  (Read 5614 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: So who destroyed the well and camp?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »
Man, I hope that at this point in the proceedings we're not gonna have to rely on "it doesn't have to make sense, it's only a tv show" to explain away all things inconsistent and illogical. Because that would be a HUGE cop-out. If that's the case they should just show Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer flapping their arms and flying over the ocean and back to the U.S. lol...does it make sense? No. Is it logical? Not even. But who cares, there's a freakin' smoke monster on the show, people! That doesn't make sense, either, and you're buying into it!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »

Semi possible, but it was filled to the brim with dirt. Then, she single handedly killed the village people? She's not Chuck Norris. Then I'd believe it.

Well, Jacob must've learned his mad fighting skills from somebody!  Maybe Mom was Chuck Norris.  She kinda reminded me of Rousseau, and I wouldn't put it past Rousseau at all to be able to take out tons of people. 

Smokey is certainly more convenient, though, but I don't see Mom "being" Smokey.  Maybe "releasing" him, like Ben did when he sicc'ed him after the Mercenaries... although I still think that it felt to me like Smokey had been trapped over the waterfall for a looooong time until MIB went over the falls.  Hmmm.  (Which reminds me, we still need an explanation of Ben and that Smokey-release.  How did Ben know he could do that?  Was it a "one-time-only" deal -- kind of a "only do this as a Last Resort" thing, because once he's released, you can't put him back?)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
Then, she single handedly killed the village people?

I just noticed this... the Village People... ***giggle***

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »
She could have used the Telekinesis powers we saw MiB use on Ben's chains.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »
Jacob is Chuck Norris if Chuck Norris jumped people when their guards were down and sucker punched them.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 03:58:27 AM »
People... this isn't a ****ing SAT exam.  the Mom had Smokie capabilities she wanted "Esau" to have, yet he didn't want it, and it left her with no other choice but to warn Jacob of the dangers.  Jacob didn't care and sent his brother down the hole....to take his place.

Esau became Smokey--and the Light wasn't good.  or was it?  To pass judgment on another?  That's what smokey did.

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord..."  Justice belongs to you.  Vengeance belongs to no one but the Lord.  To consider it belongs to you is audacious and against the Word.  "  So basically, if you live your life in judgment of others, you are no better off than those you judge.

cheers
*Des8

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 11:47:05 PM »
I think I agree that the mom was the smoke monster.

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 12:23:29 AM »

Semi possible, but it was filled to the brim with dirt. Then, she single handedly killed the village people? She's not Chuck Norris. Then I'd believe it.

Well, Jacob must've learned his mad fighting skills from somebody!  Maybe Mom was Chuck Norris.  She kinda reminded me of Rousseau, and I wouldn't put it past Rousseau at all to be able to take out tons of people. 

Smokey is certainly more convenient, though, but I don't see Mom "being" Smokey.  Maybe "releasing" him, like Ben did when he sicc'ed him after the Mercenaries... although I still think that it felt to me like Smokey had been trapped over the waterfall for a looooong time until MIB went over the falls.  Hmmm.  (Which reminds me, we still need an explanation of Ben and that Smokey-release.  How did Ben know he could do that?  Was it a "one-time-only" deal -- kind of a "only do this as a Last Resort" thing, because once he's released, you can't put him back?)

lol I think Mom is smokey-ish, but before I read this I was thinking "She may have just gone all Danielle on them>"