Author Topic: What did she say?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
What did she say?
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »
What did Fom (= fake mom) say to Jacob before he drank the wine?

and ...in the beginning of the episode, what language was the real mom speaking?

Offline JoAnn

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: What did she say?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:07:02 AM »
And what was the first thing that she mumbled to MiB right after he stabbed her?  It sounded like just a single word and my daughter & I both said to each other, "Did she just call him Jose?", which we both knew didn't make any sense but it sounded that way to both of us!

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:40 AM »

and ...in the beginning of the episode, what language was the real mom speaking?

Latin. I think they just did a "Hunt for Red October" thing. They were speaking Latin the whole time.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:13:22 AM »
According to Lostpedia she said "Thank You"

She's free from the island after all these years?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:49 AM »
What did Fom (= fake mom) say to Jacob before he drank the wine?

I think she said abracadabra hocus pocus...alakazam!!!

the beginning sounded Latin based, some of it sounded a bit like ancient Greek

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »

Latin. I think they just did a "Hunt for Red October" thing. They were speaking Latin the whole time.

I agree with this.

Offline JoAnn

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »

I understood the "thank you" part but what I meant was the very first thing that she kinda slurs & mumbles right after she is stabbed.  It's when the camera first shows her face after she falls over.  It's probably nothing to worry over - we were just more curious than anything about it.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:13 AM »

I understood the "thank you" part but what I meant was the very first thing that she kinda slurs & mumbles right after she is stabbed. 

I think she said "Ouch".

Offline JoAnn

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:52:49 AM »

I understood the "thank you" part but what I meant was the very first thing that she kinda slurs & mumbles right after she is stabbed. 

I think she said "Ouch".

Aha!  That would be it exactly!  Thanks!   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 03:00:56 AM »
I think she was starting to say "Thank you", but stutters because, well, the whole stabbing thing. Then MIB asks her a question, she answers, then has just enough time to finally get out the "Thank you" before she dies.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 04:27:42 AM »
I took FakeMom to be saying "Thank ..." just after Brother stabbed her.

------

If Claudia and FakeMom were speaking Latin at first (and they just switched to English as a contrivance to stop having to caption the entire episode) -- does that make Claudia a Roman?  Brother got his knife from living with Claudia's people, right, and people have already said that was a Roman knife.

The game that Jacob and Brother were playing is the Egyptian game Senet.  Does that mean that FakeMom is originally Egyptian?  (Jacob learned rug-weaving from FakeMom -- was that an Egyptian skill?)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:37:53 AM »
And what was the first thing that she mumbled to MiB right after he stabbed her?  It sounded like just a single word and my daughter & I both said to each other, "Did she just call him Jose?", which we both knew didn't make any sense but it sounded that way to both of us!
That's what I said!  I could have sworn she called him Jose! 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:44:18 AM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »

------

If Claudia and FakeMom were speaking Latin at first (and they just switched to English as a contrivance to stop having to caption the entire episode) -- does that make Claudia a Roman?  Brother got his knife from living with Claudia's people, right, and people have already said that was a Roman knife.

The game that Jacob and Brother were playing is the Egyptian game Senet.  Does that mean that FakeMom is originally Egyptian?  (Jacob learned rug-weaving from FakeMom -- was that an Egyptian skill?)

People have been posting this all over the boards and I need to ask something just to double check it. Are we believing that the game actually came from her?? I mean MiB found it washed up on shore at the beach right?? Doesn't it make WAAAAAAAY more sense that it actually came from some wreckage of another boat or something?? I'm going to be rewatching it on my lunch break, so maybe I'll have a better idea, but I just was hoping someone might clear this up.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »

------

People have been posting this all over the boards and I need to ask something just to double check it. Are we believing that the game actually came from her?? I mean MiB found it washed up on shore at the beach right?? Doesn't it make WAAAAAAAY more sense that it actually came from some wreckage of another boat or something?? I'm going to be rewatching it on my lunch break, so maybe I'll have a better idea, but I just was hoping someone might clear this up.

I'm with you Bob. I felt that the game washed up on the shore from elsewhere but in order to keep up the story that there was no other place, that the island was the only place in the whole world, she had to perpetuate the lie and say she had put it there.

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »
That's what I said!  I could have sworn she called him Jose! 

I have to admit that would actually be touching if she finally gave him a name at this moment of their relationship - then thanked him.